Oregon falls....

Karsaire

I am fully aware that we have quite a bit of work to do and some tough games to win, but if the football gods would allow, do we see oregon in the rose bowl now? I for one would be very excitesdfor this match up. Itd be a nice game to show up and play hardnose football.

In other notes, what a game baylor had! A little sad to see kstate fall though.

Whatever happen, Go Big Red!

I am fully aware that we have quite a bit of work to do and some tough games to win, but if the football gods would allow, do we see oregon in the rose bowl now? I for one would be very excitesdfor this match up. Itd be a nice game to show up and play hardnose football.

In other notes, what a game baylor had! A little sad to see kstate fall though.

Whatever happen, Go Big Red!

Stanford must lose next week for a chance.

If Stanford plays the kind of defense they played yesterday, they should beat UCLA. While UCLA's offense isn't identical to oregon's, it still tries to get fast players in space to maximize their speed. Stanford took that away from Oregon and did a great job keeping the running lanes closed. A Stanford - Nebraska matchup would be fun.

• Fire 1

If I understand correctly, it looks like Stanford and UCLA play next week, and if Stanford wins, then they will have to play again the following week in the Pac12 CCG.

I really hope Stanford wins both games and we take care of business as well. I would love to play the Cardinal in the Rose Bowl.

If I understand correctly, it looks like Stanford and UCLA play next week, and if Stanford wins, then they will have to play again the following week in the Pac12 CCG.

I really hope Stanford wins both games and we take care of business as well. I would love to play the Cardinal in the Rose Bowl.

This brings up an interesting question. Why should UCLA play balls to the wall in the first game? They play the same team in the Pac 12 CG the next week. Will they even worry about winning? The only problem I see is it would give them potentially 3 losses and even if they win the CG they might be ranked lower than #14 which would give the Rose the option of taking a higher ranked team outside of the Pac 12.

This brings up an interesting question. Why should UCLA play balls to the wall in the first game? They play the same team in the Pac 12 CG the next week. Will they even worry about winning? The only problem I see is it would give them potentially 3 losses and even if they win the CG they might be ranked lower than #14 which would give the Rose the option of taking a higher ranked team outside of the Pac 12.

No, the Rose Bowl has to take the Pac 12 champ unless they are in the championship game. But you have a good point that UCLA may play pretty vanilla and not show anything special to Stanford in the first game.

thats not accurate. if the pac12 champ is available then they will go to the rose regardless of ranking. your happening above only happen if the pac champ is not available..

No, the Rose Bowl has to take the Pac 12 champ unless they are in the championship game. But you have a good point that UCLA may play pretty vanilla and not show anything special to Stanford in the first game.

well done my ninja friend, you have beaten me and i shall now succeed.

If Stanford plays the kind of defense they played yesterday, they should beat UCLA. While UCLA's offense isn't identical to oregon's, it still tries to get fast players in space to maximize their speed. Stanford took that away from Oregon and did a great job keeping the running lanes closed. A Stanford - Nebraska matchup would be fun.

This game is one that I pointed out as a potential loss. With everything you've pointed out defensively for Stanford. They also play a style of offense(Like their D) that will beat up and wear out UCLA, downhill/between the tackle running. If Laney would have stuck with the run game(Like Beck should have), things would have worked out differently. Stanford is a BAD matchup for UCLA.