Pelini's best team  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is really a tough question. In my opinion, Bo has yet to field a really "complete" team. It's unbelievable to say it, but in the beginning it was all defense, and no offense. Watching Suh and Crew tear it up and hold teams to record lows, only to watch our offense score their usual 12 points. It was hard to watch. Then you get a this year's team. Very efficient on offense. High scoring, great rushing and competitive and effective in almost every game this year. Only to have two games with record numbers ran all over our defense. Bo really hasn't fielded both in a single year. The defense is getting better, no doubt about it. The offense is getting better no doubt.

I'd have to say this team is Bo's most "complete" team. We have found ways to win games, period. Those other teams were good, the defenses were great, but even those teams weren't able to find ways to pull out victories like this team has been able to.

This is really a tough question. In my opinion, Bo has yet to field a really "complete" team. It's unbelievable to say it, but in the beginning it was all defense, and no offense. Watching Suh and Crew tear it up and hold teams to record lows, only to watch our offense score their usual 12 points. It was hard to watch. Then you get a this year's team.

Here you go again with this revisionist history - you realize 2008 was his first year, not 2009? 2008, where Joe Ganz put up videogame stats all season and our offense nearly led the country in time of possession to keep our defense afloat? Where Bo awarded the Blackshirts after we gave up the elite amount of 35 points to Kansas?

Edit: Who is Crew?

It's close between 09 and 10. 2010 was a really good team. If you take out the bowl, which no one really seemed motivated to play in, it was a near-great season. We should have won the TAMU game, and if we just meltdown a little slower and hold on to beat OU, we would have been 12-1, ranked #4 or 5 and headed to a probable win over UConn in the Fiesta. That's just two bad calls and two bad plays away from 13-1 and #4 finish.

Two bad calls and plays?

Two bad calls (take your pick) in the TAMU game going our way would have swung it in our favor. The roughing call alone probably would have done it.

Two crucial plays in the CCG that really changed momentum after we took the 17-0 lead. The long TD pass to Stills, we had a safety in great position and just didn't see the ball in time and missed it by about three inches. Then the 3rd and Goal when Taylor completely forced it and threw a pick. Devastating. You could also point to the 4th and 2 bootleg where we lost contain and Landry ran for the first. Or the Helu fumble. In my opinion, if two of those plays goes a little differently, they never get such strong momentum back and we hold on to win that game.

People forget how close this year's team is to being around 6-5 right now. A crazy comeback against NW. A crazy replay official against Penn St. A crazy stupid personal foul on Dennard's 99-yard would-be pick six that kept us hanging on. What happens if Robinson doesn't get injured? Or Gardner comes in instead of worst-FBS-QB-I-can-remember Bellomy? Who knows? But I bet it goes down to the wire. This year has been Angels in the Endzone for us. And it's been fun to watch, but I don't pretend this is a great team.

500.jpg

Hello, paycheck

Our offense has firepower but also turns it over a ridiculous amount. Our defense had one of the worst performances of all-time. Ohio State game was not close.

kanyeshrug.png

"Of all-time!"

2009 finished extremely strong. But if you look at the season as a whole, it was good but not great.

Again I would go back to 2010, although the bowl game was ugly. But I feel that was a near-great team overall that phoned it in when the Big 12 gave them the bird in the bowl selection process.

Wild-Turkey-B.jpg

"What, are you crazy?"

My ranking would be: 2010, 2009, 2011 or 2012, 2008. Where this team ranks will depend on how it does against Wisconsin and the bowl game.

• Fire 1

If the 09 team played this years team it could go either way. I'd be inclined to say Alex Henery kick field goals off of Taylor's 3 picks and 3 fumbles to score 18 points.

The 12 team would get two big hits and then several red zone opportunities ruined by penalties and Maher missing field goals...he gets one so they score 17.

09 wins...

2009 obviously had the best defense, 2010 had the best offense. Right now you gotta go with either of these teams without knowing where this years team is going to finish. The 2009 team had no offense and the 2010 team had a pretty damn solid defense to go along with the offense but once we got screwed over, the team got let down and it went downhill plus we ended up playin Washington again which is why we ended on a bad note but this is easily the best team IMO.

2009 obviously had the best defense, 2010 had the best offense. Right now you gotta go with either of these teams without knowing where this years team is going to finish. The 2009 team had no offense and the 2010 team had a pretty damn solid defense to go along with the offense but once we got screwed over, the team got let down and it went downhill plus we ended up playin Washington again which is why we ended on a bad note but this is easily the best team IMO.

You sure that 2010 had the best offense? This year has definitely been the best offense in Pelini's tenure. Definitely better than 2008 who was in the Big XII at the time and facing less competent defenses. This is the first year where we've had this kind of explosiveness on offense for a long time. It seems like every single one of our skill position guys can take it to the house anytime they touch it. The 2010 offense had way too much boom or bust. They were great when they were going, but when they weren't it was absolutely dreadful, almost to 2009 levels.

You sure that 2010 had the best offense? This year has definitely been the best offense in Pelini's tenure. Definitely better than 2008 who was in the Big XII at the time and facing less competent defenses. This is the first year where we've had this kind of explosiveness on offense for a long time. It seems like every single one of our skill position guys can take it to the house anytime they touch it. The 2010 offense had way too much boom or bust. They were great when they were going, but when they weren't it was absolutely dreadful, almost to 2009 levels.

Well I can't say this years team has the best offense...yet. So you are saying for all these games in the first halfs wern't busts? The offense has been bas in the first half but good in the 2nd. In a lot of games in 2010 we were good the entire game at least when tmart is playing..except Texas and A&M.

Well I can't say this years team has the best offense...yet. So you are saying for all these games in the first halfs wern't busts? The offense has been bas in the first half but good in the 2nd. In a lot of games in 2010 we were good the entire game at least when tmart is playing..except Texas and A&M.

And South Dakota State, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Washington pt. 2.