*****Official Iowa Discussion Thread*****

Martinez is the only reason we are 9-2. The kid has more heart than you'll ever have and I didnt even like Martinez coming into the year. My perception has changed of him since the NW game.

You don't know me, your insult is laughable, I make a point about a mistake prone quarterback, and you have to insult me. HAHA get a life bro

I dont want to know you....bro

great!! have a nice day

2nd Quarter Impressions:

• If it wasn't windy this game wouldn't be close. But the wind is a factor and it is the 12th man on the field for Iowa's defense. This will drastically effect our passing game all day.
  • Ross Els is over stretched with his responsibilities. He is our linebackers coach, recruiting coordinator, and wait for it.....special teams coach. We need someone with a new set of ideas on special teams.
  • Tim Beck's play calling is perplexing to say the least. These 3 & outs by our offense is killing our defense. Run the damn ball, run the clock, and give your defense some time to not only catch their breath, but also to have to time to make adjustments on the sideline.
  • Iowa is not keeping Iowa in this game....Nebraska is. Again we are making an inferior team look better than average.
  • It's sad that Eric Martin is the only Blackshirt on the d-line that can get pressure on the quarterback. Way to go Caveman!

Things I would like to see in the 2nd Half:

1. As mentioned above....run the damn ball! Janovich was blocking well on that first drive, and then we went away from it. Line up in a 2 back backfield and pound it right at them.
  2. Use some WR Screens.
  3. Start sending the blitz. It's painfully obvious by now that our d-line cannot get pressure on the quarterback by themselves.
  4. If you want to pass, get Taylor moving on some designed roll-outs.
  5. Finally, and most importantly BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Team leaders need to step up and take control of this game.