Nebraska walks Wisconsin

I'm thinking that the controlled conditions should help our offense. Wisconsin passes a tad better than we do, but I think we'll open it up in the windless and toasty dome.

In addition, I think that our secondary has played a bit better in the second half of the season, but then again, so has Ball.

I'm predicting a 24-20 type of game...hopefully in the Huskers' favor.

HUH?

Freudian slip. Meant that we pass better, although neither of us does it particularly well.

I don't see a problem with our passing game and is far more efficient than Wisconsin's. Their passing game just hit a downward spiral with Abbrederis having the concussion. Supposedly he will start no contact practice today, but will be limited and should be expected to start against us. This is a completely risky move by Wisconsin, and I know they want to win the game, but why risk the health of an athlete like Abbrederis? Two concussions this year already.

Wisconsin is making a big deal about how they've been here before and know what to expect..... I think they need to study up a little bit.

Well actually, we have been "there"/"here" more than you and we do know what to expect.

We've been to Indiana ~67 times and have won 56% of our games.

Up until 2012 the Huskers had made 10 trips to Indiana and won a mere 30% of their games.

:leghump:

Nebraska's upperclassmen have played in as many conference championship games as Wisconsin's.

Come now, before 2011 every Big Ten game was a championship game. Advantage - Wisconsin.

Also, if each player were forced to down a six pack before the game Wisconsin would win handedly. This would also greatly increase TV ratings.

Nebraska's upperclassmen have played in as many conference championship games as Wisconsin's.

Come now, before 2011 every Big Ten game was a championship game. Advantage - Wisconsin.

Also, if each player were forced to down a six pack before the game Wisconsin would win handedly. This would also greatly increase TV ratings.

Depends--are the Wisky players mean drunks or happy drunks? The later would make for a huggy brofest on TV that would probably not be conducive towards playing a football game.

Then again, with the way the B1G officials call holding in the conference, all games up to this point have been a huggy brofest of some sort...

I'm not so sure on this....legend has it the real reason papuchis tapes his fingers before games is to increase his grip in his pregame 40. ***sarcasm hand raised high****

This is an impossible game to predict.

I would not be at all surprised if Wisconsin ran it down our throats and NU implodes and ultimately Wisconsin wins by 17 points. I would also not be surprised if NU gets it's passing game going, sets up the run, burns clock & gets a few big plays and NU wins by 17 or so points. And... anything in between is as well something that would not be surprising.

Pretty lame prediction on my part... but with these two teams anything is possible. But... I predict a Husker win (not because I have real reason to... but because ... well, why not... NU has been resilient recently and Wisconsin not so much).

This is an impossible game to predict.

I would not be at all surprised if Wisconsin ran it down our throats and NU implodes and ultimately Wisconsin wins by 17 points. I would also not be surprised if NU gets it's passing game going, sets up the run, burns clock & gets a few big plays and NU wins by 17 or so points. And... anything in between is as well something that would not be surprising.

Pretty lame prediction on my part... but with these two teams anything is possible. But... I predict a Husker win (not because I have real reason to... but because ... well, why not... NU has been resilient recently and Wisconsin not so much).

I don't think it's lame at all. It's realistic based on the season we've put together. We're 12 games into this season and we still don't know exactly what we have.

I'll say this though - I don't think we've played the best game we're capable of playing yet. If we put it together this game, we win by two or more scores.

• Fire 1

Wisconsin is making a big deal about how they've been here before and know what to expect..... I think they need to study up a little bit.

I think this factor is definately in our favor. I do not believe that Wisconsin's QB has any experience in a league championship game. As long as we do not have a 2010 Texas type game or a 2012 Wisconsin first half, we win this game by a TD. If Rex is indeed healthy, I predict our offense will be more potent than it has been all year. Of course Wisconsin has a very good defense as well... No Martinez fumbles and no muffed punts would be nice as well.

This game is huge. I would much rather we win this game than our bowl game. Of course I am greedy and want us to win both.

The only thing I am going to be surprised at is if Wisconsin blows us out. I just don't see that happening. Minus the crappy weather against Iowa, our offense can put 30-35 points on pretty much anyone.

Our defensive back field is REALLY good so I don't see them being consistently successful throwing against us. That leaves their running game. It is good. They have Ball running behind a better O line than what we faced the first time. We are minus our top D lineman. BUT, our linebackers have greatly improved late in the season. We have also made some adjustments in other spots on the D line that have shown improvements.

I think Ball will get around 100 yards but it won't be enough to win because they won't be able to do much more than that against our D.

35 - 17 Huskers.

PS...I think Chase Rome ends up with the best game yet as a Husker and sets himself up well for a good season next year.

The only thing I am going to be surprised at is if Wisconsin blows us out. I just don't see that happening. Minus the crappy weather against Iowa, our offense can put 30-35 points on pretty much anyone.

Our defensive back field is REALLY good so I don't see them being consistently successful throwing against us. That leaves their running game. It is good. They have Ball running behind a better O line than what we faced the first time. We are minus our top D lineman. BUT, our linebackers have greatly improved late in the season. We have also made some adjustments in other spots on the D line that have shown improvements.

I think Ball will get around 100 yards but it won't be enough to win because they won't be able to do much more than that against our D.

35 - 17 Huskers.

PS...I think Chase Rome ends up with the best game yet as a Husker and sets himself up well for a good season next year.

Good review. My big concern is Stein being out of the game. Our offense is playing wt a lot of confidence. Having Rex back, plus a seasoned AA in the backfield plus TM looking better on runs - it will be hard to stop our run game. Pass game - we shouldn't have issues. Turner is now more involved - we have 3 great wideouts plus the consistency of Cotton and Reid's speed. Too many weapons. As long as our D can hold up against the run - I think we win by 10+.