Suh vs. Te'o

No. Havent seen anymore out of Te'o than any other top linebacker for any other good team. When i watch Nooter Dame, I just dont find myself saying "wow, look at that play Te'o just made" Herbstreit blew himself over the interception he had against USC, but honestly, any linebacker in the country can make that play when a reshirt freshman qb all but throws it right to you. He really hasnt had that "holy crap" dominant performance. It's hard to have a moment as a defensive player, so it would take a performance. Suh had that, on national tv, against an NC team, where he made the whole country say "holy sh#t". Te'o's Heisman possibility is also the result of a down year in terms of the qb's and rb's. Name legitimate contenders that have been obvious finalists consistently all year from each of them positions. There just isn't many, if any. And, this award is a "best player on best team" award, and has been for a long time, RGIII the exception that stands out, and Nooter Dame is #1 right now.

• Fire 1

Really hard to quantify the impact of any defensive player. Suh was a generational DT who took over games, and that was reflected only because his tackle statistics were obscene for his position. Maybe Te'o is a do-everything linebacker who is the MVP of their defense, but there must have been hundreds of those stud LBs over the years for a variety of different teams.

I don't think there's really been a DT like Suh for a very long time, the kind of guy who just dominates an entire line on his own. Look at what has happened to our DL, and consequently our defense, after he left.

Suh had tackle & sack numbers comparable to the entire Alabama and/or LSU defensive line and he didn't win the Heisman. The only way I see Teo winning this thing is if he gets the Suh hangover sympathy vote, kinda like Crouch won Frazier's Heisman.

forgot about the Frazier effect on Crouchs heisman. Wasn't it like the lowest ballots returned in the history of the heisman?

Suh had tackle & sack numbers comparable to the entire Alabama and/or LSU defensive line and he didn't win the Heisman. The only way I see Teo winning this thing is if he gets the Suh hangover sympathy vote, kinda like Crouch won Frazier's Heisman.

forgot about the Frazier effect on Crouchs heisman. Wasn't it like the lowest ballots returned in the history of the heisman?

Yes, Crouch only received 27% of the vote. Think about that.