What If The Un-thinkable Happens?

Being a part of Husker Nation, I just had a curious thought, allbeit a not so pleasant one!

What if the un-thinkable happens and the Huskers lose to Wisconsin tonight?

What would be your view-point on the success or lack of success of the 2012 season? Would it depend on how we lose whether you consider the 2012 season a success? Or, a loss, no matter how we lose would mean a bad season? I believe we will win... as a Husker fan there simply is no other way to think! But, should we lose due to a key injury during the game or something out of our control, or however it may come to be (I crossed my fingers while typing this one-handed), i can see many Husker fans calling for Pelini's job? I'm not one of those who will be, although i will be hugely disappointed!

Thought it would be interesting to ask this question before all the emotions of living through the game happens!

I think it would be good but not great.

The biggest concern I have about this is it will allow all the naysayers plenty of things to talk about: "Bo can't win a conference championsip", "we can't even win a bad conference", etc. Then we will be the underdog to an SEC team in the bowl game and if we lose that game everyone will act like the program is falling apart.

Hopefully we just take care of business tonight.

If we don't win tonight, our season is a failure...end of story.

I agree! I would consider it a failure as well! I base success or failure on winning conference championships... have to if we want to continue to claim we are relevent on the national stage! I believe we have much more to lose than Wisconsin does if we lose! Wisconsin has won it 2 years in a row and it's time for the Huskers to explode on the national scene with a win! Priceless is a win tonight with recruiting!

Mark Richts is 2nd most active coach, behind Spurrier, to play for conference championships. He has 5, Spurrier has played in 8 and Bo now has 3. Not to mention 5 years with at least 9 wins.

A loss tonight will absolutely suck. 10-2, for me, is far and above what I thought we would be after UCLA and then OSU. After our first loss, this became the goal. A goal that we should accomplish unless we implode. It won't be the end of the world, but it will chap my a$$ something fierce. I want a conference championship. These kids and staff "deserve" one. Recruiting needs this win as does our national perception.

Going 6-0 for the first time since 2001 is awesome to NU fans, so is undefeated at home for the first time since 2001. Again awesome to fans, but nationally, one needs to win the conference, IMO, to help the program and perception go to the next level.

I do not think I will feel differently than I do now. I think we are getting more out of Bo than we should be, already. He needs time to learn the job, he still has ways to go.

The kids have played hard, won most, lost some. Won some they most likely should not have. This is a good year no matter the outcome.

To me the un-thinkable is winning tonight, and the Rose Bowl and being 12-2... Losing tonight would suck, but its not "un-thinkable" imo.

Totally agree with this thought. If we hold to form ... their will be a boat load of errors ... all correctable the next week ... so this is all "gravy" from my point of view ... a chance to do something that most teams don't get a chance to do with the kind of football displayed on the field during the season. I credit this team for their comebacks ... but also count the need of the comeback to the poor play and performance for 2 to 2 1/2 quarters. I know we will play hard. Lets see what holes we dig ... and then dig ourselves out of tonight. :-)