Coaching Changes?

How about Les Miles to Auburn? I have a friend at Auburn that says it is to be announced on Monday.... Les is a whore so who knows.

Some friend told me that Bo interviewed at Auburn. He heard because his brother lives there or something.

I just gave him the whatever hand, told him to stop pulling crap out of his a$$ and throwing it against the wall to see if it will stick.

Bo turned Callys guys into NFL players. They had the talent but Bo is the one that got them to where they are at.

And now he has little to no NFL talent with HIS guys on defense

We had an excellent recruiter who couldn't coach them up worth a sh#t. He got fired and everybody screamed for a guy who could coach kids up and was defensive minded.

Now that we have that, everybody wants something different. I'm getting there also, but I would like to see what Bo can do in the next year or 2 with better athletes on defense because we don't have jack for talent on that side of the ball. Ciante and Caveman are awesome, Compton, Ankrah, Steinkuhler, and Stafford are solid. But as a whole, the talent pool is totally depleted on our defense and it shows BAD.

We don't want something 'different' really. We want the total package. A guy who can recruit elite talent, and actually develop players. You know, what we had here for about 40 years.

Bo is a very loyal guy and it is his staff. I think we all remember that he was in some hot water if he didn't relocate (dump) his brother when that personal stuff was hitting the fan. Bo was pissed when he had to action with Carl and even Marvin to an extent. Marvin's was way more serious in nature but it killed him to do so. So I do not see him releasing anyone at this point or beyond. Or at the very least he will find them homes and everyone leaves on "their own accord".

Really, name 'em.

Not the solid, starting type guys. Name the stars the defense is built around, that every opposing OC fears. Our current Lavontes, Fonzies, Princes, Haggs...

On offense, our skill players are some of the best in the league, but how about the line? Where are our stud tackles, guards, centers?

I get people's points on you want coaches to do everything with nothing anyways, and some teams did more with less this year, but the fact remains, we've lost a lot of starpower and are paying for recruiting gaps in 2008, 2009, 2010.

When your recruiting classes aresmall in numbers and lacking in year-round effort, you pay for it when those guys are expected to carry the team. That is why we are struggling this year, because we have less than we've ever had.

It's one thing if things aren't looking up. They are. Well, sort of. The LBs and DBs we have coming up through the ranks (and Zaire Anderson returning) have a ton of potential. We have stabilized the QB position like it hasn't been in a long time. OL and DL continue to be concerns, and that goes to those position coaches, too.

But despite the letdowns, this was a pretty darned good effort put together by a coaching staff that loves its players, players that love their coaches, and a team that has done more than its line play on both sides of the ball really should have allowed.

Just thinking about how bad our line play has been, I can't help but consider this season one largely of overachievement. Failures along the way, sure, but they are building towards something pretty special. I will say we should do what Wisconsin did and go out and get a damned good OL coach, and evaluate whether or not Kaz is the guy for the DL, this offseason.

• Fire 6

Really, name 'em.

Not the solid, starting type guys. Name the stars the defense is built around, that every opposing OC fears. Our current Lavontes, Fonzies, Princes, Haggs...

On offense, our skill players are some of the best in the league, but how about the line? Where are our stud tackles, guards, centers?

I get people's points on you want coaches to do everything with nothing anyways, and some teams did more with less this year, but the fact remains, we've lost a lot of starpower and are paying for recruiting gaps in 2008, 2009, 2010.

When your recruiting classes aresmall in numbers and lacking in year-round effort, you pay for it when those guys are expected to carry the team. That is why we are struggling this year, because we have less than we've ever had.

It's one thing if things aren't looking up. They are. Well, sort of. The LBs and DBs we have coming up through the ranks (and Zaire Anderson returning) have a ton of potential. We have stabilized the QB position like it hasn't been in a long time. OL and DL continue to be concerns, and that goes to those position coaches, too.

But despite the letdowns, this was a pretty darned good effort put together by a coaching staff that loves its players, players that love their coaches, and a team that has done more than its line play on both sides of the ball really should have allowed.

Just thinking about how bad our line play has been, I can't help but consider this season one largely of overachievement. Failures along the way, sure, but they are building towards something pretty special. I will say we should do what Wisconsin did and go out and get a damned good OL coach, and evaluate whether or not Kaz is the guy for the DL, this offseason.

Good points Zoogies.

I'd like to add that if we replace Cotton as o-line coach, I would hope we could find a spot in the AD he could help out with. He's done a lot for Nebraska, would like to see us do something to keep him involved.

Really, name 'em.

Good points Zoogies.

I'd like to add that if we replace Cotton as o-line coach, I would hope we could find a spot in the AD he could help out with. He's done a lot for Nebraska, would like to see us do something to keep him involved.

"Cotton you are a failure as a division 1 coach but we would love to waste some of the ADs money and invent a position for you!" I hate this mentality! We do not owe him anything! He has been stealing our money for years! No reason to keep him around. He failed can him end of story. Unfortunately I think you might be correct but I hate it

Really, name 'em.

I don't think I've ever agreed more with one of your posts. We need to evaluate whether we're getting what we need out of the coaches on both lines, and we need to get the kind of talent that will win us championships. The last time we won a conference championship, Steve Warren was our all conference nose tackle, Kyle Vanden Bosch was on his way to a long NFL career, Dominic Raiola was an All-American, and Toniu Fonoti joined him and Russ Hochstein on the offensive line. We have nothing near that personnel right now.