Ridiculousness

Threads like these are a cop out. Nebraska fans love to claim that being a husker fan is ingrained into their identity. When things are going well. Now when things go shitshow south the kool-aid drinkers say it's just a game. Which is it? I'm upset, not surprised nor shocked. Anyone that's non-biased could see the glaring flaws in this team. But the kool-aid drinkers claim we'd win the big 12. Right.

We were a top 20 ranked defense going into this game. Maybe our defensive ranking is a reflection of the terrible offenses we see in the little 10. Take a step back and see the big picture. Our offense isn't nearly as good as people want to believe. We are sub-par on both lines. You can't win titles with sub-par line play.

How is it a cop out? I admitted to my actions. But how is it more than just a game? It's not.

Yep. And 70-10 is good right?

And getting 70 hung on a 10-2 team on national television is respectable? When the football budget is over 5 million? Please.

And this country spends billions upon billions on defense and 9-11 still happened. What the hell is your point? Get over yourself already and your "5 million budget bla bla bla" Jeepers Creepers.

As a side note, the Pony thing is pretty creepy. Grown men playing off a little girls cartoon?

LostWages, just simply ignore it. Creepy?....nah but I didn't understand PONY thing means.

It started as a small sarcastic joke. Some got annoyed by just a couple pony pics popping up in derpy threads. Hence, Landlord formed the pony posse. It's a sarcastic joke. A fad. Huskerinlostwages must not come around here often or he would know this.

Yep. And 70-10 is good right?

And getting 70 hung on a 10-2 team on national television is respectable? When the football budget is over 5 million? Please.

And this country spends billions upon billions on defense and 9-11 still happened. What the hell is your point? Get over yourself already and your "5 million budget bla bla bla" Jeepers Creepers.

As a side note, the Pony thing is pretty creepy. Grown men playing off a little girls cartoon?

LostWages, just simply ignore it. Creepy?....nah but I didn't understand PONY thing means.

It started as a small sarcastic joke. Some got annoyed by just a couple pony pics popping up in derpy threads. Hence, Landlord formed the pony posse. It's a sarcastic joke. A fad. Huskerinlostwages must not come around here often or he would know this.

Okay. Please explain "BRONY".

Okay. Please explain "BRONY".

Pony Brother=Brony.

Threads like these are a cop out. Nebraska fans love to claim that being a husker fan is ingrained into their identity. When things are going well. Now when things go shitshow south the kool-aid drinkers say it's just a game. Which is it? I'm upset, not surprised nor shocked. Anyone that's non-biased could see the glaring flaws in this team. But the kool-aid drinkers claim we'd win the big 12. Right.

We were a top 20 ranked defense going into this game. Maybe our defensive ranking is a reflection of the terrible offenses we see in the little 10. Take a step back and see the big picture. Our offense isn't nearly as good as people want to believe. We are sub-par on both lines. You can't win titles with sub-par line play.

It works like this. If you're a real fan, you root for your team through thick and thin. When times are great, you're a Husker fan. When times suck, you're a Husker fan. You don't jump on some other team's bandwagon. That said, there are things more important than football, like family and friends. In another thread, a gentleman talked about having attended the funeral of someone close to him. That's more important. From that perspective, you say it's just a game. When you're watching and passionately rooting, it doesn't feel like just a game.

At halftime, Nebraska trailing 42-10, I went into my room, and sh*t started flying, my wallet (busted my credit card in my wallet), my shoes, just about anything I could get my hand on.

See, I didn't do anything remotely psychotic as that at any point. It is just a game after all.

I can calmly and rationally acknowledge that what happened last night is unacceptable at a program like this. I find it more and more difficult to justify by pointing out our squeakers over mediocre and flat out bad teams.

At halftime, Nebraska trailing 42-10, I went into my room, and sh*t started flying, my wallet (busted my credit card in my wallet), my shoes, just about anything I could get my hand on.

See, I didn't do anything remotely psychotic as that at any point. It is just a game after all.

I can calmly and rationally acknowledge that what happened last night is unacceptable at a program like this. I find it more and more difficult to justify by pointing out our squeakers over mediocre and flat out bad teams.

The Dude, you need more childish ponies in your post, makes you more respected around here.

Rest of my post is obvioiusly not directed at you. Losing 2 games by a combined 70 points is also what 10 win teams do. Bo is is 1 of 4 coaches to win 9+ games his first 5 seasons. He's HOF material. Don't question this. When we turn the ball over 8 times and lose at home to Iowa State, nothing wrong with that. When we turn the ball over 35 times this season and give the opponents 115 points off turnovers (almost 10 points a game giving to other teams off turnovers), it's what good 10-2 teams do. When you are the most penalized team ever year by a large margin, it's what good teams do (the refs our out to get us, amirite?). The defend Bo-Cult is looking more like the crazies over at Big Red Board that defend Callaclown to the grave. A mediocre coach is a mediocre coach, not sure why admitting that makes you a bad fan. We will never win a big 10 championship with Bo Pelini in charge, and that's a fact. He is not TO, this isn't 1980/1990s, and Nebraska hasn't been relevant in 15 years. If you are OK with that, great, cool. Enjoy winning 9 games against crappy bottom feeder big 10 teams, dropping 1 game we shouldn't, and getting blown out 1 or 2 times a year. Should make for some fun years of never having a real shot at a title.

This thread could be about everything that went wrong during the game. We gave up 70 points, we allowed 500+ rushing yards, we lost to a team that is 7-5, and we lost to them by 39 points. We turned the ball over 3 times, all by Taylor.

But it's not. I refuse to let something as trivial as a football game upset me anymore than it did tonight.

At halftime, Nebraska trailing 42-10, I went into my room, and sh*t started flying, my wallet (busted my credit card in my wallet), my shoes, just about anything I could get my hand on. But then I came to a realization. This game, that's all that it is, a game. I refuse to let something as unimportant as the result of a football game bother me as much as it did during the first half of the game. I've got tests to study for, social connections to make, graduate schools to start applying for, research to do, all of which is entirely more important than what happens for 60 minutes on a football field.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm as 'true' a fan as anybody in Husker nation (save huskeraddict). I am just as disappointed as everybody else, and I really thought tonight was the night we step back onto the national stage. Unfortunately, something else was in the cards. We got outplayed by an unranked Wisconsin team who really had nothing to lose. All congratulations go to them, they truly stepped up tonight. They came at us and hit us right in the mouth and we shied away. Best of luck to the Badgers in the Rose Bowl, should be an interesting matchup against the Cardinal.

But to read some of the posts by our fellow fans irritates me. You all have things that are way more important than Husker football: your jobs, your family, your friends, your pets. This jumping off the deep end after EVERY loss is ridiculous. Reflect. Relax. Move on.

As for the team, I feel bad for them, especially the senior class. I wanted nothing more than for them to go out onto that field at Lucas Oil Stadium and be able to douse Bo at the end of the game because we had won the Big Ten. We all did, but somehow that is being overlooked by the "Bo sucks" or "Bo needs to go" mindset. Speaking of Bo, don't you think that he wanted to be doused in the Gatorade bath? Don't you think he slaved over game film for longer than any of us slave over what we need to accomplish so that he can help deliver what his players (especially his senior class), in his mind, deserved? So for you to sit down at your computer, not having had to prepare like Bo did, not having to build connections and relationships with his players like Bo did, and not having to deal with games like this like Bo does, and nonchalantly crucify this team and this coach is absolutely absurd.

I'm not going to dissect what went wrong tonight, because it was mostly everything. We played a bad game, and shockingly, those games happen.

Nobody wanted to win more tonight than the coaches and the players. Keep that in mind.

Good things come to those who wait. Keep that in mind when you impatiently ask for the firing of one of the very few coaches in the HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL to win 9 games in each of his first 5 seasons.

And overall, keep in mind that this is just a game, a source of entertainment. Nothing that should be used to define who you are.

The sun will come out tomorrow.

Hmm. This message comes across as you trying to convince yourself more than anything. And that's okay. But most of us didn't break anything or throw anything or do anything too crazy. We didn't quit our jobs, kick our dogs or refuse to hug our wives. We're just venting some (often entirely justified) negative thoughts onto a computer screen for an hour or two on a day off.