Ridiculousness

Name a big time program that had 60+ dropped on it as many times as we have.

You know there is no way to measure how bad a loss is? A team could lose 61-59 and fit your criteria yet nearly win. They could also lose 31-27 to an FCS school and not fit your criteria.

That being said, if you do the research you'll realize that every top program has had their fair share of brutally ugly beatdowns and slumped seasons.

+1

You know there is no way to measure how bad a loss is? A team could lose 61-59 and fit your criteria yet nearly win. They could also lose 31-27 to an FCS school and not fit your criteria.

That being said, if you do the research you'll realize that every top program has had their fair share of brutally ugly beatdowns and slumped seasons.

+1

plus1lies.png

tumblr_m9c11985Up1revsmeo1_500.gif

+1

plus1lies.png

tumblr_m9c11985Up1revsmeo1_500.gif

Ain't that the worst?

The biggest thing I'm seeing is that the team has absolutely no clue on how to stop the snowball effect. 1 thing goes bad (against OSU it was Miller's run, Wisconsin it was out inability to get off the field on the first few drives) and it leads to another and another and another. In the comeback victories this year there was never one play that started a snowball effect, where the defense started pressing, trying to cover up other people's mistakes and missing out on there own responsibilities.

Last nights loss was unacceptable. Wisconsin played absolutely lights out and if they had brought that team to every game they played this year, I don't think they'd have a loss. Sometimes no matter what you do as a team just does not work. It sucks when it happens.

Keep the head up and get prepared for Georgia.

I'm sick of this "deserving" talk. We as fans are not entitled to anything. No. I do not care how much you donate or spend. We as fans dont deserve sh#t. We want. We receive. We dont deserve. The players deserve. The coaches deserve. Why? They are the ones that actually put in the work, not the coin.

Dont like what youre getting for your "donation"? Then get the hell out of the way. There are many waiting in line for your tickets. I am one. It will be no loss.

Yes, we want. And there is nothing wrong with wanting or expecting a certain level of compentency (obviously that level is different for each indiviual). But saying the players and coaches deserve as opposed to the fans (especially those who do donate) is just wrong. Tell me what the coaching staff "deserves", they are getting paid (well paid) for their services. Those kids on scholarship are getting a $30K+ per year education, what they choose to do with that opportunity is in their court. Yes, obviously the football program generates a boatload of income, but the guys out on the field are getting rewarded.

I'm sick of this "deserving" talk. We as fans are not entitled to anything. No. I do not care how much you donate or spend. We as fans dont deserve sh#t. We want. We receive. We dont deserve. The players deserve. The coaches deserve. Why? They are the ones that actually put in the work, not the coin.

Dont like what youre getting for your "donation"? Then get the hell out of the way. There are many waiting in line for your tickets. I am one. It will be no loss.

Yes, we want. And there is nothing wrong with wanting or expecting a certain level of compentency (obviously that level is different for each indiviual). But saying the players and coaches deserve as opposed to the fans (especially those who do donate) is just wrong. Tell me what the coaching staff "deserves", they are getting paid (well paid) for their services. Those kids on scholarship are getting a $30K+ per year education, what they choose to do with that opportunity is in their court. Yes, obviously the football program generates a boatload of income, but the guys out on the field are getting rewarded.

They deserve because they put in the work-time and effort. sweat and blood-, paid or not. You do your job. You get a paycheck. But your boss gives your healt care and retirement to one of his better clients instead of you? They dont just show up with a blank check thinking it gives them some mythical right to whatever they want. That's the point I'm trying to make.

It's ok for us to want. But I've never felt this sense of entitlement that as a fan, I "deserve" to have a winning football team to cheer for, no matter how much I spend on them. It's not an investment. It is a donation based on support. If I were to look at it the other way, then I better call the Salvation Army and ask where all my gifts are over the years.

They deserve because they put in the work-time and effort. sweat and blood-, paid or not. You do your job. You get a paycheck. But your boss gives your healt care and retirement to one of his better clients instead of you? They dont just show up with a blank check thinking it gives them some mythical right to whatever they want. That's the point I'm trying to make.

It's ok for us to want. But I've never felt this sense of entitlement that as a fan, I "deserve" to have a winning football team to cheer for, no matter how much I spend on them. It's not an investment. It is a donation based on support. If I were to look at it the other way, then I better call the Salvation Army and ask where all my gifts are over the years.

I definitely agree that many Nebraska fans have a misguided sense of entitlement due to the "old days" when we were a perennial powerhouse. However, I have to disagree with the sentiment that donors who "don't like what they're getting" can, essentially, shove it. That would be like paying someone to repair a roof only to find that it still leaks (even if it leaks less than before). You call the person and they say "well you didn't put in the effort, the sweat, and the blood so you don't get an opinion".

Just curious: when you guys see a movie that sucks, really sucks and you wish you could get those two hours back, do you ever stop and think about all the hard work that went into making that movie, and all the people who set out to make a good movie but failed and now must listen to the mockery and criticism? Or do you feel free to tell everyone how much you thought the movie sucked?

If that same sucky movie ends up making $100 million, does that mean your criticism is wrong?

I took the loss very calmly. I mean what are you going to accomplish by flying off the handle? Sure, I was completely disappointed by the game. What made me mad was that the team just seemed to have quit. Once that happened, guess what? I quit too. I turned off the TV and spent time with my son doing other things. That is the first time in 25 years of watching Nebraska footbalI have ever done anything like that. I am not in the fire Bo crowd, but something has to be done to motivate the players better. Even when we got blown out against Texas Tech in 04, I watched the entire game because the team still did not quit. How on earth was Wisconsin more motivated to win than Nebraska? Now that is ridiculous.

I do understand the point you're trying to make, and can certainly see that point of view. However to think that the coachs or players are more entitled or deserving than the fans is 100% backwards. They are basically "paid" to entertain, and who are they entertaining, we the fans. The same fans who buy tickets, concessions, souviners, etc, that all go to pay the coaches salaries and help with scholarship funds (I readily admit here to not knowing specifics as to where scholarship money completely comes from, but I would think our purchases help contribute to it).

If you want to compare it to a buiness situation, we are the customers. If I go out and buy a vehicle for my business, the prospective buyer who comes to look at it deserves my attention and service, not me. I'm providing the product or service, it's my JOB to satisfy that customer. It's Bo's and his players jobs to satisfy their customers.

I don't know what buisnes you're in,but in mine, many, many people do show up with that proverbial blank check thinking that gives them the right to whatever they want.