The block by Kenny Bell.

What's worthy of being flagged is worthy of being flagged period - our guys not reacting to it was not the reason it wasn't flagged. What a bizzare assumption.

Humans are influenced by reactions, and putting on the striped shirt of invincibility or carrying the whistle of Solomon's wisdom doesn't preclude this. This play was a prime example. If the kid doesn't go flying and land on his head, do you think the flag would have been thrown?

Next, you're going to tell me you don't believe that "make up calls" exist...

We need plays like this cause this team is soft as hell! As someone mentioned earlier that stuff that went on between Borland and Martinez.......................someone should've blindsided that guy. Throughout the entire game he and I think it was 94 or 97? They'd come through the line, the whistle would blow, they'd push another second or so then push our guys away. All they were trying to do was intimidate someone and be a-holes! Nebraska used to be intimidating, they aren't anymore and it's sad as hell! We need that swagger, we need that tenacity, we need that feeling on the team..........................."How dare you think you can line up across from me and play football on the same level that I'm at!" "I will punish you for thinking you are going to play against me for the next 60 minutes!" "I'm better than you, I know it, and I WILL be whooping your a$$ for the next 60 minutes!" "Good luck trying to stop this crazy m-fer!"

I agree with this. We have lost some of the fire we used to have. I was listening to the 1620 pregame show on Saturday and they brought in Zach Wiegert and he made the comment about one of the games when he told the guy lining up across from him that he hoped his family wasn't here or watching on television because he is going to get embarrassed all day long.

There is nothing wrong with the comment but we need guys like that. Guys that truly believe they are the best and nobody can compete with them. I don't think we have many if any right now.

This EXACT same thing was CALLED in the Michigan State game on a hit by Johnny Adams against Kenny Bell. In a play that lasted a total of 17 seconds, Bell was hit as he pursued the ball from across the field via a blind-side hit during Adams' 95-yard INT return. Jamal Turner, who was also on the same side of the field as Bell when the play started, caught up with and attempted to tackle Adams near mid-field.

Where was the outcry from Husker fans when THAT play was called back?

You can see the play at 2:07:07 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFFamKPYv0

Just for the record, how many Husker fans told you that they agreed with that call?

...and just to clarify, you are saying that one bad call deserves another...correct?...

And to further clarify, we're making the argument with this video that a guy 30+ yards away from the ball who is not a part of the play in the slightest should be treated the same as someone who is in the process of making a tackle on the ball carrier?

This is ShawnWatsonesque. Don't get it.

This EXACT same thing was CALLED in the Michigan State game on a hit by Johnny Adams against Kenny Bell. In a play that lasted a total of 17 seconds, Bell was hit as he pursued the ball from across the field via a blind-side hit during Adams' 95-yard INT return. Jamal Turner, who was also on the same side of the field as Bell when the play started, caught up with and attempted to tackle Adams near mid-field.

You can see the play at 2:07:07 of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFFamKPYv0

You have to be joking. Or trolling.

Situation A - The player being hit is jogging, is 20-30 yards away from the ball carrier, and not only away, but BEHIND him.

Situation B - The player being hit is running full speed, about to make a football move attempting to tackle the ball carrier.

What's worthy of being flagged is worthy of being flagged period - our guys not reacting to it was not the reason it wasn't flagged. What a bizzare assumption.

Humans are influenced by reactions, and putting on the striped shirt of invincibility or carrying the whistle of Solomon's wisdom doesn't preclude this. This play was a prime example. If the kid doesn't go flying and land on his head, do you think the flag would have been thrown?

Next, you're going to tell me you don't believe that "make up calls" exist...

Make up calls exist. Okay let's move on.

Sure, humans are influenced by reactions. However, I see reactions on every single deep pass that's incomplete. I see reactions on every single foul committed in basketball. I hear reactions on every penalty called against home teams at loud stadiums. How many times do these reactions result in a changed decision by an official? Yet you want to posit that a lack of reaction was the primary reason that an illegal play wasn't flagged as such?

You know that Kenny Bell block in the MSU game does look like it should have been a no call. That is my first time seeing it. I didn't even realize until after the game that the pick six had been called back and negated...I guess that does explain why we kept it close after I thought game over.

cornwham.0_standard_783.0.gif

The more I watch the gif above, the more I'm convinced that Kenny Bell has superhuman powers. I think he originates from the planet Krypton, not Boulder Colo. Look at the gif below. See how he sends that Sparty sailing through the air with a small flick of his wrists?? Superhuman powers I tell you.

2gwhogk.gif