Shatel rips Pelini

tschu

Yes, Nebraska sucked on Defense, but the more I look at it, Wisconsin was a team with less to lose. I mean they already had their division locked going in with a 7-5 record, and win and you get a ton of glory. Maybe Nebraska had "stage fright", who knows.

If Nebraska wins their bowl game against a tough Georgia team, you know Shatel will be saying, "see I told you all along, go Huskers!"

bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yes, Nebraska sucked on Defense, but the more I look at it, Wisconsin was a team with less to lose. I mean they already had their division locked going in with a 7-5 record, and win and you get a ton of glory. Maybe Nebraska had "stage fright", who knows.

If Nebraska wins their bowl game against a tough Georgia team, you know Shatel will be saying, "see I told you all along, go Huskers!"

If Nebraska wins the bowl game it will only defer the arguments that are taking place now until the next 40 point beat down.

• Fire 1

If Nebraska wins the bowl game it will only defer the arguments that are taking place now until the next 40 point beat down.

:yeah:

Having read EZ-E's secret private message that you board underlings are too ill-equipped to handle, I can assure you that my opinion of Bo Pelini's relationship with the press hasn't changed.

Seriously EZ-E, that was standard bulletin board fodder, exaggeration laced with speculation based on second and third hand reports. And even if all of it is true (spoiler alert - Pelini is just being "loyal" to players unfairly hounded by the mean old World Herald, and the World Herald didn't like Tom Osborne's meddling attempt to mediate) Bo's problem goes well beyond the World Herald. Like it or not, press relations are part of the job, especially on a University level and especially with a university that sees itself representing an entire state.

Only football programs with big television contracts and media attention get to pay their coaches $3 million a year.

The big boys have to play with much tougher and/or stupider media inquisitions than the Omaha World-Herald.

It's talent if you ask me. We have quite a bit of it in certain spots, quite a lack of it in others. A lot of solid players, but top-bottom, starters, depth, we don't have the kind of elite talent that puts us in the conversation with the elite teams of the country. Which we need, if we want to perform like that.

This all goes back to recruiting misses and lackluster effort in Bo's first few years. These past few seasons we've graduated our core of talented 2007 guys, then lost Dennard and Lavonte and Crick. 2010 was a year where we had the talent set up for a big run at things. We've been in transition since, and it doesn't help that not enough has been waiting in the wings to make it happen. Still waiting on that D-line. Good, solid, hard-working guys like Compton, but name one national-level star on that defense. Name two. You start to see why we're in trouble.

Gosh, I really thought we might win only 8 games this year. We're looking at 11. Yes, we've been exposed, but I do think we probably squeezed a near-best-case "win" # for the year out of this team.

Well said Zoogies. Look at our senior class on defense and tell me who gets drafted? What Bo did with the talent level we had this year was pretty damn impressive, but we got exposed big time. You wont even recognize the defense next year besides Ciante. EVERYONE will be new, and im sure their will be some growing pains. But on paper we have some talent stacking up. Just gotta develop it.

Having read EZ-E's secret private message that you board underlings are too ill-equipped to handle, I can assure you that my opinion of Bo Pelini's relationship with the press hasn't changed.

Seriously EZ-E, that was standard bulletin board fodder, exaggeration laced with speculation based on second and third hand reports. And even if all of it is true (spoiler alert - Pelini is just being "loyal" to players unfairly hounded by the mean old World Herald, and the World Herald didn't like Tom Osborne's meddling attempt to mediate) Bo's problem goes well beyond the World Herald. Like it or not, press relations are part of the job, especially on a University level and especially with a university that sees itself representing an entire state.

Only football programs with big television contracts and media attention get to pay their coaches $3 million a year.

The big boys have to play with much tougher and/or stupider media inquisitions than the Omaha World-Herald.

If the bolded part is honestly what you got out of some of what I sent you, dear Lord. You drastically didnt understand. That is all. I am sorry that the things told to me by the people that I respect didn't fit your anti-Bo agenda.

Good day.

You guys keep complaining about Pelini.. I saw a bunch of plays with guys in position to make a tackle that didn't.. (And I watched the whole brutal thing) With the exception of a few glaring busts it came down to poor angles and missed tackles.. Bo's a Darn good coach who might have to reconfigure some staffing issues players and coaches.. Becareful what you wish for do you think any coach worth his salt would take this job when the fan base is complaining about a 10 win season..

I'm with warrior here...thought we were in position most of the time.

Inexcusable. They gave up 70 points and 10.8 yards per rush? Even if they were in position, something is systematically wrong to give up those kinds of numbers. Bo is not a darn good coach. He is a poor recruiter who has made buddy hires and has a defensive system that does not work. Don't even get me started on his sideline demeanor and public relations. Bo is not the guy to take NU to great heights (or even a conference championship). If you don't believe me, then how does NU give up over 1,200 yards of rushing offense in 3 losses this year? You can tell me he won 10 games, but it was against a weak schedule in a very weak conference.

You people worship this guy and don't dare to question a system that doesn't work and continue to defend incompetence. I don't understand why we should lower our standards as Nebraska fans in order to accomodate a poor coach. The program is much bigger than Pelini and Bo is in way over his head. I can think of 3 million reasons per year we deserve better. What we saw Saturday night, and at Ohio State, and at UCLA as well as against mediocre competition this year was not Husker Football. It was mediocrity. I refuse to lower my standards for the program to placate some punk overpaid hothead coach.

If the bolded part is honestly what you got out of some of what I sent you, dear Lord. You drastically didnt understand. That is all. I am sorry that the things told to me by the people that I respect didn't fit your anti-Bo agenda.

Good day.

I'm more than happy to post your pm for the world to judge.

And as I said, if every word is true, Pelini still needs to improve his public image, not all of which can be blamed onn the press.

Good day.

I'm more than happy to post your pm for the world to judge.

Seeing as I never got it, I say go for it.

• 11 months later...
You guys keep complaining about Pelini.. I saw a bunch of plays with guys in position to make a tackle that didn't.. (And I watched the whole brutal thing) With the exception of a few glaring busts it came down to poor angles and missed tackles.. Bo's a Darn good coach who might have to reconfigure some staffing issues players and coaches.. Becareful what you wish for do you think any coach worth his salt would take this job when the fan base is complaining about a 10 win season..

I'm with warrior here...thought we were in position most of the time.

Inexcusable. They gave up 70 points and 10.8 yards per rush? Even if they were in position, something is systematically wrong to give up those kinds of numbers. Bo is not a darn good coach. He is a poor recruiter who has made buddy hires and has a defensive system that does not work. Don't even get me started on his sideline demeanor and public relations. Bo is not the guy to take NU to great heights (or even a conference championship). If you don't believe me, then how does NU give up over 1,200 yards of rushing offense in 3 losses this year? You can tell me he won 10 games, but it was against a weak schedule in a very weak conference.

You people worship this guy and don't dare to question a system that doesn't work and continue to defend incompetence. I don't understand why we should lower our standards as Nebraska fans in order to accomodate a poor coach. The program is much bigger than Pelini and Bo is in way over his head. I can think of 3 million reasons per year we deserve better. What we saw Saturday night, and at Ohio State, and at UCLA as well as against mediocre competition this year was not Husker Football. It was mediocrity. I refuse to lower my standards for the program to placate some punk overpaid hothead coach.

Ha, told ya so a year ago.