Let's talk 2013...

Hercules

After that game, I'm pretty much done with this year. I would rather just skip the bowl game and dive straight into spring practice.

A lot of people are talking about coaching changes. I think that something probably needs to happen there - not sure what, but I've never seen a Nebraska team more out-coached than they were last night.

However, as bad as the coaching was - players win championships. Last night, Wisconsin's players completely dominated Nebraska, especially on the lines of scrimmage. My question to you is - how are we going to fix that?

On the defensive line, we lose Eric Martin and Baker Steinkuhler, by far the two most important players there. We also lose Cameron Meredith and Joseph Carter, while Jason Ankrah, Thad Randle and Chase Rome return. I've seen nothing from the latter three players that make me think they can form the kind of defensive front that will win a conference championship. So - who steps up, or what juco player is going to come and rescue us? Are Vincent Valentine or Aaron Curry going to be ready?

I think the LB spot looks a little more optimistic. Zaire Anderson returns from injury, and I'm fairly certain he would have been our team's leading tackler by now if he had stayed healthy. David Santos also returns while Michael Rose and Thomas Brown join the fray. If guys get their heads in the game and learn the defense (and practice form tackling day and night), I think it's possible our LB position could be much stronger next year.

I think we've got plenty of talent in the secondary, especially at the corner position. Ciante Evans, Josh Mitchell, Andrew Green, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Charles Jackson, and Mohammed Seisay all return. At safety we're much thinner, with Courtney Osborne, PJ Smith, and Daimion Stafford all leaving. However, if we can just find two guys (maybe Corey Cooper and Harvey Jackson) who simply know how to take an angle and wrap up, we'll be better off than we were this year.

On offense, it's all about the the offensive line and tight end. For the second year in a row, I believe we'll have the best collection of skill position players in the Big Ten (Martinez returns, Armstrong joins; Abdullah, Heard, Cross return; Bell, Enunwa, Turner, Steven Osborne, Tariq Allen all return, while Jordan Westerkamp joins that battle for playing time).

At tight end we lose both Cotton and Reed, while we return Jake Long. Jake Long looked hideously bad in the Minnesota game, but there was also an article written about how NFL scouts are already looking at him, so maybe he will be able to fill in appropriately.

On the offensive line, we lose Justin Jackson, but we return Sirles, Qvale, Long, Pensick, and Rodriguez. Behind them, we have little to no proven depth. It's possible they put together a solid starting 5, but who is going to step up to provide depth should someone go down (like Justin Jackson)?

In 2013, it should be an awfully good offense, depending on the offensive line. It's hard to imagine the defense being worse than it was last night, but I'm very, very worried about the defensive line. What say you?

EZ-E's "Bo to Tennessee" rumor got me amped for next year.

Otherwise we'll have a really good record because of our joke of a schedule, then lose in embarrassing fashion when it actually matters.

^this

We think the schedual is easy, we still have UCLA at home, Michigan in the Big House (at their place with Gardner at the helm doesn't give me a warm fuzzy) and if by some crazy blind dumb luck we make it to the CCG, Ohio St. will kill us again in primetime.

Otherwise we'll have a really good record because of our joke of a schedule, then lose in embarrassing fashion when it actually matters.

^this

We think the schedual is easy, we still have UCLA at home, Michigan in the Big House (at their place with Gardner at the helm doesn't give me a warm fuzzy) and if by some crazy blind dumb luck we make it to the CCG, Ohio St. will kill us again in primetime.

It wouldn't be so bad, we've become accustomed to it by now and some have simply accepted that fact anymore. Others, well we see the writing on the wall and care to voice our opinions about not accepting the status quo we've come to simply accept.

I see either an 8-0 or 7-1 ranking to start the season, then two losses in the final four (or five if we stumble into the CCG again), resulting in losing either the Capital One or Gator Bowl against a top 15 SEC team. A repeat of this year, last year, and every other year with Pelini. 4 losses.

This x100. Hopefully people will not confuse an easier schedule with our program improving or heading in the right direction. Tough to dismiss a coach who wins 9 games. Tough to see marked improvement within four years if we were to change coaches. Basically Husker football is f'd for the foreseeable future. We've got more embarrassments to endure and there isn't too much anyone is going to do about it. God I hate being an insignificant mediocre program. Wanna know why so many of us live on the past, on TO's coat tails? Because for 25 years + we never once had to endure the level of embarrassment that seems to now be a two or three times per season standard. I feel sorry for those who only know NU football post Solich.

This x100. Hopefully people will not confuse an easier schedule with our program improving or heading in the right direction. Tough to dismiss a coach who wins 9 games. Tough to see marked improvement within four years if we were to change coaches. Basically Husker football is f'd for the foreseeable future. We've got more embarrassments to endure and there isn't too much anyone is going to do about it. God I hate being an insignificant mediocre program. Wanna know why so many of us live on the past, on TO's coat tails? Because for 25 years + we never once had to endure the level of embarrassment that seems to now be a two or three times per season standard. I feel sorry for those who only know NU football post Solich.

That would be me.

and 2 words for 2013, JORDAN WESTERKAMP!

That would be me.

and 2 words for 2013, JORDAN WESTERKAMP!

Maybe he will help us keep up with the ever increasing score of the other team.

We will be 8-0 and in the top 5 going to Ann Arbor, and everyone will be "yeah, we finally got it figured out". Then Michigan will beat us 56-10 or something.

We'll back into a Legends title, mainly because of our schedule.

We will play an unbelievably good game against Ohio State in the title game next year, but lose when Braxton Miller converts a 4th and 28 from his own 3 yard line simply by running a designed quarterback draw that goes 97 yards for a TD.

We will be 8-0 and in the top 5 going to Ann Arbor, and everyone will be "yeah, we finally got it figured out". Then Michigan will beat us 56-10 or something.

We'll back into a Legends title, mainly because of our schedule.

We will play an unbelievably good game against Ohio State in the title game next year, but lose when Braxton Miller converts a 4th and 28 from his own 3 yard line simply by running a designed quarterback draw that goes 97 yards for a TD.

Sad but true...and very funny. :laughpound

2013...outskill most lesser teams because we can with the offensive skill players. Secondary is good enough. Lose to UCLA and Michigan...probably another one in there as well like Penn St. We have to fix both lines as until we do we will never beat a top 10 team. OSU kills us if we even make the CCG.