Best assessment yet

krc1995

I do not wish bo to be fired, I think it would be devastating to our program and a knee jerk reaction with long term consequences. But I do think stuff needs to change. McKewon sums it up perfectly:

Bo must know that he's primarily paid almost $3 million to find, sign and develop players — not run a graduate school of coaching. Pelini gives young guys chances. He got his own chance as a young guy in the NFL, so he's paying it forward. Respectable. But not to this extent

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121202/HUSKERS/712029905

I do not wish bo to be fired, I think it would be devastating to our program and a knee jerk reaction with long term consequences. But I do think stuff needs to change. McKewon sums it up perfectly:

Bo must know that he's primarily paid almost $3 million to find, sign and develop players — not run a graduate school of coaching. Pelini gives young guys chances. He got his own chance as a young guy in the NFL, so he's paying it forward. Respectable. But not to this extent

http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/712029905

It's a good article, but I am not sure where the staff changes need to take place? I know many want Cotton gone, but they have always wanted him gone. I guess the LB coach maybe? Papuchis maybe. Who?

Kaz can stay. Pap's got to go. I think that everything could change if Pelini would just hire one callused, weathered, salty, old DC that can show Pelini how things really work in big time college ball. Pelini really needs a mentor. If we could just get 3 years out of a proved, soon to be retired defensive guru, then things will be on track. It's got to be someone that really doesn't need the job and isn't afraid of or offended by Bo's tirades.

• Fire 4

In my opinion I believe Bo has brought in some good coaches but they may not be ready for the varying styles in the Big 10. We have won 9 games 5 years in a row and this year we won 10. This year we gave up 60+ twice. I think that there needs to be a coordinator that can make in game adjustments and JP didnt do that against Ohio St or wisky. I think JP is a good coach but I believe he is the youngest DC in the country. I think he should go back to recruiting coordinator and a group assistant(LBs, Dline, Dbs). Taking a run at Gene Chizik as DC or someone else that has proved they can be a coordinator and then let JP learn on the fly...

Kaz can stay. Pap's got to go. I think that everything could change if Pelini would just hire one callused, weathered, salty, old DC that can show Pelini how things really work in big time college ball. Pelini really needs a mentor. If we could just get 3 years out of a proved, soon to be retired defensive guru, then things will be on track. It's got to be someone that really doesn't need the job and isn't afraid of or offended by Bo's tirades.

Good post - I agree. Funny how 5 years ago we thought Bo was that guy to fix the D as it was needed in 2007. Now we need a DC to get us back on track. Any idea who that could be?? Mike Dika, channel Bud Grant??

This is about the most uniformed post I’ve ever read. It's sad that you believe this stupid sh#t.

• MultiQuote

Good post - I agree. Funny how 5 years ago we thought Bo was that guy to fix the D as it was needed in 2007. Now we need a DC to get us back on track. Any idea who that could be?? Mike Dika, channel Bud Grant??

I still think that if Pelini would still be a DC he would be the best in the country. I think Bo is having a problem with the role as a head coach and eventually he will be a great HC, but I can only imagine that being a HC is vastly different from being a DC. IMO where Bo got in over his head is by hiring all these young and unproven guys and then having to come back and coach over the top of them while trying to run the entire team. I think he should kiss Beck. I really don't know how involved Pelini is with the offense but the offense is not the problem. Bo's got to have an old guy that he can trust to run the defensive side while he figures out how to run the entire team.

Bo is going to be a great HC, I just hope he isn't too stubborn to change what isn't working while he is here at Nebraska. If he leaves, the next team will be getting a jewel

This is about the most uniformed post I’ve ever read. It's sad that you believe this stupid sh#t.

lol

While I don't necessarily agree with everything krc said, this is by far the stupidest post in this thread. I can't believe you typed this sh#t out. Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing.

Love the first line of the Sam's article! "INDIANAPOLIS — Such a lovely city for an autopsy."

• Fire 1

Feel free to actually add something to this topic instead of just bitching. krc1995 brings up an interesting perspective. Anybody can accuse someone of being uninformed...can ya prove it?

• Fire 2

Not sure if this post is serious.

Bo doesn't know how big-time BCS ball works? He needs a mentor? Then he shouldn't be a HC at a major CFB program.

Hire a defensive guru for a few years? Isn't Bo supposed to be a defensive guru? Hell freezes over before Bo admits his scheme isn't working and opens himself up to outside opinions.

Not sure if this post is serious. Bo doesn't know how big-time BCS ball works? He needs a mentor? Then he shouldn't be a HC at a major CFB program. Hire a defensive guru for a few years? Isn't Bo supposed to be a defensive guru? Hell freezes over before Bo admits his scheme isn't working and opens himself up to outside opinions.

Nah, but I'd bet Bo gets fired before this happens.

Feel free to actually add something to this topic instead of just bitching. krc1995 brings up an interesting perspective. Anybody can accuse someone of being uninformed...can ya prove it?

I'm just following you. I figured if you can bitch and cry like a little girl these past two day then I can bitch also. just read his post, if you can't see how backwards it is then, never mind.

hell Husker Richard was able to figure it out but you can't. brilliant.