Bo has 2 years to get it done, or...

Bo adjusted the defense of the scorching put on by Braxton Miller. Since our corners were playing very well, he was able to bring the safeties to be more active in run support. This became evident against NW and Michigan, as PJ Smith all a sudden became very active at the line of scrimmage. They made this adjustment as being keyed by certain formations. Obviously with Wisconsin having 3 weeks to prepare for Nebraska (dont kid yourself, they were prepping for the CCG the minute they sealed the bid) they made adjustment to expose the way Nebraska was playing the safeties. Lining up in formations to dictate the safeties one way, and the using late motion into a jet sweep to force to safety to make a 1 on 1 tackle. It wasnt done. Now it's Bo's turn to make the adjustment. I bet Georgia doesnt have much success with the jet sweep. Doesnt mean they wont find another crack. This is how football is played. Teams try to out adjust the other. But if you over adjust or dont adjust fast enough, you get beat. In this day in age of parody and more equal talent across the teams, the x's and o's are lot more important than they were 20 years ago.

Obviously with Wisconsin having 3 weeks to prepare for Nebraska (dont kid yourself, they were prepping for the CCG the minute they sealed the bid)

The other problem with this excuse is Wisconsin didn't know for sure who they were playing until a week before the CCG. Nebraska didn't clinch the division until the final week of the season.

Obviously with Wisconsin having 3 weeks to prepare for Nebraska (dont kid yourself, they were prepping for the CCG the minute they sealed the bid)

The other problem with this excuse is Wisconsin didn't know for sure who they were playing until a week before the CCG. Nebraska didn't clinch the division until the final week of the season.

You can still begin prepping your overall plan and "save" things in your remaining games knowing it does not matter if you win or lose them. You rest particular guys you want to rest and so on. I understand they couldnt prep for Nebraska in particular, even though it is the way I worded it, but they did start prepping for the game.

It's not an excuse either. Just a part of the game.

So the prepping for us excuse flies out the window...lets just stick with out coached and out executed. We were under prepared and lost. We have seen this the last two years and I don't understand it at all

You can not have your cake and eat it to.

Most on this board, said when the conference change was coming, Bo's defense would destroy the slow plodding big Ten teams. That we would march through the competition.

One way or another, now the change was too much, the players are not big enough.

Bo came frome the SEC. Where the lines are the biggest part of the O and D. He knows what it takes to win as he has seen it from the SEC side. Why would he recruit differently than what he learned in the SEC. How would one feel that the Big 12 or Big 10 would have superior athletes to the SEC.

Not trying to be an ass, but it just seems like excuses to me. He has been out coached, out recruited since he has been here. I understand that and feel some of the reason is it is his first gig, but I just grow tired of it being both ways.

Knapplc stated the studs are not there this year, and most likely not next year. That means we need JUCO's now very badly for the DL and OL, although I think the OL has played much better this year.

Either way, Bo knew he needed big bodies for the DL and he has failed to provide/recruit them. No excuse.

He gets credit when he does things right and deserves to be called out on his failures.

You can not have your cake and eat it to.

Most on this board, said when the conference change was coming, Bo's defense would destroy the slow plodding big Ten teams. That we would march through the competition.

One way or another, now the change was too much, the players are not big enough.

Bo came frome the SEC. Where the lines are the biggest part of the O and D. He knows what it takes to win as he has seen it from the SEC side. Why would he recruit differently than what he learned in the SEC. How would one feel that the Big 12 or Big 10 would have superior athletes to the SEC.

Not trying to be an ass, but it just seems like excuses to me. He has been out coached, out recruited since he has been here. I understand that and feel some of the reason is it is his first gig, but I just grow tired of it being both ways.

Knapplc stated the studs are not there this year, and most likely not next year. That means we need JUCO's now very badly for the DL and OL, although I think the OL has played much better this year.

Either way, Bo knew he needed big bodies for the DL and he has failed to provide/recruit them. No excuse.

He gets credit when he does things right and deserves to be called out on his failures.

Agree 100%. though i will say switching conferences probably did kill some recruits but never enough that these blowouts should be happening and the talent drop off like it did. I agree that switching conferences is a lame excuse. I mean face it in 2009 we were more competitive than this year in our losses. I mean almost beat the #2 ranked team in the nation that year. even 2010 our losses weren't that bad compared to last year and this year.

few people on the planet could ever come in and follow Tom Osbourne. It would be like... well... Conan trying to do The Tonight show behind Leno and Carson

I know Pelini is not the only one to follow Osbourne, but he is the most successful.

I don't follow this logic. I believe it was posted sometime last week where Solich had a better winning percentage than Bo does. What is your definition of success? We won the Big 12 in 99'. We played for a NC in 01'.

Exactly. We already fired a guy that may have been doing a better job...

The logic I use is that Solich took over the reins from TO who had built a dynasty and just won the NC. Players would come to Nebraska and ride the pine with the hopes of playing a year, over playing for 3 at another school. Solich won games with these players, at first, but it became clear he wasn't recruiting well enough to maintain the level to which Husker fans were accustomed. I'm sure the Athletic Department is looking at more than record (which is what fans look at) when making the decision to let Solich go. He lost like 7 games in 02 I think. Pelini came in and tried to get it back together. He had some really bad seasons but has brought them back up compared to what he inherited. Do I think he is the guy who can hold Nebraska at a level of the national elite? No. He's not that kind of coach. Solich was a long time Husker who clearly loved the university, and had a good resume, but just let the team decline too far under his management, so I don't think he was more successful than Pelini. Like I said, Pelini, although among the top 25 coaches in the country, will never live up to what TO accomplished. That's what I mean when I say that once you've tasted being the best in the world, second just don't taste so good. LSU fans are the worst at this. Every year when Miles fails to get them in the NCG, there is a certain number of them who call for him to be fired. Fans' memories are clouded. It is impossible to stay on top year after year. Even TO lost big games now and then. Saban is the closest thing to TO college football has had, and it will be a while before anyone sees another one. I wonder what team will have him.

few people on the planet could ever come in and follow Tom Osbourne. It would be like... well... Conan trying to do The Tonight show behind Leno and Carson

I know Pelini is not the only one to follow Osbourne, but he is the most successful.

I don't follow this logic. I believe it was posted sometime last week where Solich had a better winning percentage than Bo does. What is your definition of success? We won the Big 12 in 99'. We played for a NC in 01'.

The logic I use is that Solich took over the reins from TO who had built a dynasty and just won the NC. Players would come to Nebraska and ride the pine with the hopes of playing a year, over playing for 3 at another school. Solich won games with these players, at first, but it became clear he wasn't recruiting well enough to maintain the level to which Husker fans were accustomed. I'm sure the Athletic Department is looking at more than record (which is what fans look at) when making the decision to let Solich go. He lost like 7 games in 02 I think. Pelini came in and tried to get it back together. He had some really bad seasons but has brought them back up compared to what he inherited. Do I think he is the guy who can hold Nebraska at a level of the national elite? No. He's not that kind of coach. Solich was a long time Husker who clearly loved the university, and had a good resume, but just let the team decline too far under his management, so I don't think he was more successful than Pelini. Like I said, Pelini, although among the top 25 coaches in the country, will never live up to what TO accomplished. That's what I mean when I say that once you've tasted being the best in the world, second just don't taste so good. LSU fans are the worst at this. Every year when Miles fails to get them in the NCG, there is a certain number of them who call for him to be fired. Fans' memories are clouded. It is impossible to stay on top year after year. Even TO lost big games now and then. Saban is the closest thing to TO college football has had, and it will be a while before anyone sees another one. I wonder what team will have him.

When did Pelini have really bad seasons? He isn't good enough to get us to elite status but then you say he is a top 25 coach??? Is anyone else lost or is it just me?

When did Pelini have really bad seasons? He isn't good enough to get us to elite status but then you say he is a top 25 coach??? Is anyone else lost or is it just me?

2004-2005 record 5-6 no bowl game

2007-2008 record 5-7 no bowl game

It may be just you that is lost, but you are definitely lost.

You consider top 25 elite??? yeah you're lost

Are you looking at any facts, or just like to argue?

• Fire 1

Pelini wasn't our coach in either of those seasons....top 25 out of 120+ FBS HC is definitely above average. If you want to argue him being elite he is 1 of only 5 coaches to have won a minimum of 9 games a year in their first 5 seasons as HC. That would be an elite stat if you wanted to get picky. Just trying to figure out what exactly you are talking about.....feel free to get YOUR facts together, I got mine. Pelini was your DC after those seasons, you knew that right? Lol coached NU then went to be your DC then came back as our HC?

Really looking forward to your response

Pelini wasn't our coach in either of those seasons....top 25 out of 120+ FBS HC is definitely above average. If you want to argue him being elite he is 1 of only 5 coaches to have won a minimum of 9 games in their first 5 seasons as HC. That would be an elite stat if you wanted to get picky. Just trying to figure out what exactly you are talking about.....feel free to get YOUR facts together, I got mine. Pelini was your DC after those seasons, you knew that right? Lol coached NU then went to be your DC then came back as our HC?

woah, ok, I was way out there.. forgive my blondness. I had the years all messed up, kind of makes everything else I say look dumb! :dumdum I should have gotten MY facts straight.

But I'll say it anyway, as for the top 25, I would call top 25 very good, but not elite. I believe Bo has to get better to be elite, although he is failrly new at the HC game... even newer than I once thought! :hmmph Now even top ten regularly wouldn't be good for many, because look at LSU and Georgia fanbases who want their coach fired when they don't win the NC. I like Bo, don't get me wrong, I just don't expect him to be dicussed as elite in the long run and I'd really like to see Nebraska back in the national championship hunt, and prove my doubt wrong. May not be hard to do judging my previous statements of "fact".

PS - now I see why I am labeled "Scout Team" :thumbs

Pelini wasn't our coach in either of those seasons....top 25 out of 120+ FBS HC is definitely above average. If you want to argue him being elite he is 1 of only 5 coaches to have won a minimum of 9 games in their first 5 seasons as HC. That would be an elite stat if you wanted to get picky. Just trying to figure out what exactly you are talking about.....feel free to get YOUR facts together, I got mine. Pelini was your DC after those seasons, you knew that right? Lol coached NU then went to be your DC then came back as our HC?

woah, ok, I was way out there.. forgive my blondness. I had the years all messed up, kind of makes everything else I say look dumb! :dumdum I should have gotten MY facts straight.

But I'll say it anyway, as for the top 25, I would call top 25 very good, but not elite. I believe Bo has to get better to be elite, although he is failrly new at the HC game... even newer than I once thought! :hmmph Now even top ten regularly wouldn't be good for many, because look at LSU and Georgia fanbases who want their coach fired when they don't win the NC. I like Bo, don't get me wrong, I just don't expect him to be dicussed as elite in the long run and I'd really like to see Nebraska back in the national championship hunt, and prove my doubt wrong. May not be hard to do judging my previous statements of "fact".

This is only Bo's 5th year. Came right after he helped win your tigers there NC. No worries, hope you can see why I was completely confused at first

This is only Bo's 5th year. Came right after he helped win your tigers there NC. No worries, hope you can see why I was completely confused at first

yes I can! thanks for going easy on me