Bo has 2 years to get it done, or...

You guys do know that Steve Pederson was Osborne's recruiting coordinator don't you. Tom was instrumental in hiring him as AD. He had done a fantastic job at Pitt and guess what they took him right back. Solich was fired for more reasons than results. Pedy really had no choice. Could have been handled better for sure, but he was gone either way. Pedy did a pretty good job for the university honestly, just not the best for the football program. Overall a better job than Dollar Bill did for sure.

Can not stand the arrogant ass but he gets a lot of blame for things that had to be done, and it was his job to do it.

Hedley, any chance you could calm down a bit. I feel strongly about the program, as all of us do, but now we need to kinda get behind the team and the coaches, get this bowl game behind us and then see where we are. You nor I will will convince anyone, nor they us. Lets see what shakes out in a few weeks and hope for the best.

We have a lot of visitors from the SEC frequenting this board, and as stupid as it sounds it could have an affect on recruiting.

Yesterday I lost my best friend to brain cancer, there really are a lot of things more important than Husker football. We all need to lighten up as everyone of us are Nebraska fans and only want the best for the team. My ranting on all my perceived negatives will stop.

few people on the planet could ever come in and follow Tom Osbourne. It would be like... well... Conan trying to do The Tonight show behind Leno and Carson

I know Pelini is not the only one to follow Osbourne, but he is the most successful.

I don't follow this logic. I believe it was posted sometime last week where Solich had a better winning percentage than Bo does. What is your definition of success? We won the Big 12 in 99'. We played for a NC in 01'.

• Fire 1

I was just making a point that just becuase Solich supposedly didnt turn out (we'll never know the answer to this-it can be argued for eternity), Pedersen was a disaster-which Osborne didnt actually hire him, just basically said "meh, I think he'll do a good job", and now the assenine assumption is that Bo will be a failure, is not grounds to determine that Tom Osborne has a lack of judgement on the ability of people to do a job.

Husker99 was probably not making that point, but I do wanna make this one.

Just because TO was a great coach doesn't make him the person that knows everything and who to hire concerning AD's and coaches. If TO endorses somebody how likely they just shrug that off? not very. FS and SP moved up because TO gave him his recommendation.

You guys do know that Steve Pederson was Osborne's recruiting coordinator don't you. Tom was instrumental in hiring him as AD. He had done a fantastic job at Pitt and guess what they took him right back. Solich was fired for more reasons than results. Pedy really had no choice. Could have been handled better for sure, but he was gone either way. Pedy did a pretty good job for the university honestly, just not the best for the football program. Overall a better job than Dollar Bill did for sure.

Can not stand the arrogant ass but he gets a lot of blame for things that had to be done, and it was his job to do it.

Hedley, any chance you could calm down a bit. I feel strongly about the program, as all of us do, but now we need to kinda get behind the team and the coaches, get this bowl game behind us and then see where we are. You nor I will will convince anyone, nor they us. Lets see what shakes out in a few weeks and hope for the best.

We have a lot of visitors from the SEC frequenting this board, and as stupid as it sounds it could have an affect on recruiting.

Yesterday I lost my best friend to brain cancer, there really are a lot of things more important than Husker football. We all need to lighten up as everyone of us are Nebraska fans and only want the best for the team. My ranting on all my perceived negatives will stop.

When Pud was first hired, most people were extremely happy. If one takes away their bias from the total wreckage he left, they'd see that at the time it looked like a spectacular hire. Solich was basically fired from the start. $ Byrne left NU because he didn't want to be the AD that had to fire him. The boosters were less than impressed with Solich the moment he was named HC.

When Pud was fired and TO was named the interim, how many people really ever believed the c$%k and bull story we were told how Clownahan could have saved his job with whatever amount of wins TO outlined? I didn't believe it then, and I still don't believe it. TO was brought in to get rid of BC and crew. He was brought in to name Bo as the next coach because that's what the boosters wanted. I realize the boosters are the ones that write the big checks, but I don't think they should have quite the power and authority that they have.

In honesty, I think Bo was hired even before Tom was officially back. Boosters control a lot of what goes on. Having one dispise Clownahan, Pedy and Solich, may have done us more harm than the supposed good. He does love Bo though, and as far as I am concerned he is the only reason Bo is here. I think if Tom really had free reign it would have been Jim Grobe. Great coach, does more with less than anyone out there, highly respected by all who know what he has accomplished.

We just need to figure out what needs fixing and get it done.

Sorry to here about your friend.

All you say about Pederson is true to a point. He did do a fantasitc job at Pitt in his first go round. I don't know if TO was instruamental in his hiring, but I am sure he endorsed it. But, it is a well known fact that Steve Pederson is/was an egomaniac. He was not well liked by most in the athletic department when he was RC and he and Solich really didn't like each other. My oldest brother is a good friend of a former assistant AD at Nebraska who quit very soon after Pederson was hired because he said he couldn't/wouldn't work for him. Solich would have at the minimum needed to win the North to keep his job.

Steve Pederson loves the University of Nebraska and wants to see it succeed, but he also wanted to be the savior of Nebraska football and change the culture that was there. He was also parinoid beyond belief about things going on in the AD office. It was like Hitler in his bunker the last few weeks at the AD office.

It's not going to take two years. Tmart is a senior next year with zero depth behind him. Bo will leave on his own accord next year after two more hilarious blowouts and knowing a green QB the next year will spell disaster and likely a firing.

I think its funny how you say he has no depth behind him, counting out the players who are behind him. When TM leaves, I don't think we will see a drop off in that position at all. Armstrong is a stud and has proved that taking his HS team to state championships back to back, winning one of them. Texas is not an easy place to win a state championship. I wouldn't count Armstrong, Stanton or Marsh out, until they come out and prove otherwise.

It's not going to take two years. Tmart is a senior next year with zero depth behind him. Bo will leave on his own accord next year after two more hilarious blowouts and knowing a green QB the next year will spell disaster and likely a firing.

I think its funny how you say he has no depth behind him, counting out the players who are behind him. When TM leaves, I don't think we will see a drop off in that position at all. Armstrong is a stud and has proved that taking his HS team to state championships back to back, winning one of them. Texas is not an easy place to win a state championship. I wouldn't count Armstrong, Stanton or Marsh out, until they come out and prove otherwise.

Lol. You can't be serious! If our last decade hasn't proven to you that you can't count your chickens before they hatch then nothing will. Unless these backups start getting some PT then we are in for a rough season.

Sorry to here about your friend.

All you say about Pederson is true to a point. He did do a fantasitc job at Pitt in his first go round. I don't know if TO was instruamental in his hiring, but I am sure he endorsed it. But, it is a well known fact that Steve Pederson is/was an egomaniac. He was not well liked by most in the athletic department when he was RC and he and Solich really didn't like each other. My oldest brother is a good friend of a former assistant AD at Nebraska who quit very soon after Pederson was hired because he said he couldn't/wouldn't work for him. Solich would have at the minimum needed to win the North to keep his job.

Steve Pederson loves the University of Nebraska and wants to see it succeed, but he also wanted to be the savior of Nebraska football and change the culture that was there. He was also parinoid beyond belief about things going on in the AD office. It was like Hitler in his bunker the last few weeks at the AD office.

My so-called booster source, who pinpointed to me when Pedersen was being fired, and that Osborne was being brought in to fix things 2 days before it happened, told me that Paul Meyers walked out one day and that was the nail in the coffin, for as you said, things had been building since day one. Just what i heard.

What's your motivation when you post stuff like this? Planning on quoting it a year from now and making yourself out to be some kind of oracle?

Bo stepping down after the end of next year? That's an insane line of thinking.