Bo has 2 years to get it done, or...

It's not going to take two years. Tmart is a senior next year with zero depth behind him. Bo will leave on his own accord next year after two more hilarious blowouts and knowing a green QB the next year will spell disaster and likely a firing.

What's your motivation when you post stuff like this? Planning on quoting it a year from now and making yourself out to be some kind of oracle?

Bo stepping down after the end of next year? That's an insane line of thinking.

the thought process is actually quite simple. No one ever improves. Improvement is an illusion. it doesnt actaully happen.. Our coaching staff will NOT get better. Our current youngins will NOT get better. Our recruting will NOT get better. Our defense will NOT get better. Our Oline with NOT get better. It's actaully quite a simple concept to see that the first ever young, first year starting qb in the history of Nebraska football will ultimately result in a disaster tanking of the 2014 season, thus resulting in the resignation of Bo Pelini following the end of Jesus Martinez's career in January of 2014.

few people on the planet could ever come in and follow Tom Osbourne. It would be like... well... Conan trying to do The Tonight show behind Leno and Carson

I know Pelini is not the only one to follow Osbourne, but he is the most successful.

I don't follow this logic. I believe it was posted sometime last week where Solich had a better winning percentage than Bo does. What is your definition of success? We won the Big 12 in 99'. We played for a NC in 01'.

Exactly. We already fired a guy that may have been doing a better job...

I do like how the OP is addressing the turds in the punchbowl. The ultimatum however, is ridiculous. We have gotten to a conference championship 3 times in 5 seasons with Bo. Two of those games should have been Nebraska victories... The third, many took for granted and counted as a victory. I was not one of them. We need to let this staff address the major problems which are currently with our defensive front (no pressure and no rush defense) and special teams (no punt return threat whatsoever). They are a complete joke right now. Barney haters...go away. Although not perfect, the O-line play have not caused our 3 defeats. Something else that needs to be addressed is Snuffy's ball handling and cutting down on those fumbles.

If we make a wholesale change, guess what? We are just going to have different issues that need to be fixed. I truly believe this staff will address and fix these issues.

When Bo got here he had to fix the defense. He did. Our defense was incredible for a couple year. But, he had to fix the offense. He has. Our offense has been very good this year. It should be a juggernaut next year. Now, he has to fix the defense again. Is there any evidence that he cant do this? What's gonna happen when both are "fixed" at the same time?

• Fire 3

It's not going to take two years. Tmart is a senior next year with zero depth behind him. Bo will leave on his own accord next year after two more hilarious blowouts and knowing a green QB the next year will spell disaster and likely a firing.

What's your motivation when you post stuff like this? Planning on quoting it a year from now and making yourself out to be some kind of oracle?

Bo stepping down after the end of next year? That's an insane line of thinking.

There is no secret motive. Just what I think will happen. You have to admit that most coaching tenures in this age of football don't last much longer than 5-7 years. Next year is Bo's year to prove something. However I don't believe anything in the past 5 really points to the direction of this team being any better than it is today. We will get hammered twice and likely lose another head scratcher.

To this point Bo has shown no interest in getting backups serious reps. Why would that change next year? You can't count on unproven talent to carry you through a season.

Next year is the perfect storm for Bo, if there isn't a B1G trophy then I think we can all agree he likely won't get it done and I don't see him sticking around only to field a green QB in 2014 and sport a 7-5 record.

When Bo got here he had to fix the defense. He did. Our defense was incredible for a couple year. But, he had to fix the offense. He has. Our offense has been very good this year. It should be a juggernaut next year. Now, he has to fix the defense again. Is there any evidence that he cant do this? What's gonna happen when both are "fixed" at the same time?

For me, it's cause for concern that the Seniors we have on defense now didn't progress much over the last 4 years. If we don't see a huge jump on defense next year, just because of the superior talent we supposedly have, then we have very little evidence that they'll progress much over the following 3 years. Basically what we have next year, is what our defense will be the next 4 years. Based on the evidence.

Carl is no longer around to turn our defensive tackles in to All-Americans. The only position group I've seen progress on defense recently is the cornerbacks.

plus one. i have been posting this exact sentiment for some time now.

To this point Bo has shown no interest in getting backups serious reps.

This is so not true it's like you don't even watch our games. We've rotated heavily at WR, TE, RB, across the O Line, across the D Line, at LB, and in the secondary. The only positions we barely every sub out are QB and K/PK. Long-snapper, too.

At WR we've played: Turner, Enunwa, Marlowe, Bell, Osborne, Carnes, Allen (until he got hurt) and Evans. That's eight of 19 guys on the roster.

At TE we've played: Cotton, Reed, McDermott and Long that I know of. That's four of the nine guys on the roster.

At RB we've played: Burkhead, Abdullah, Heard & Cross. That's four of the eight guys on the roster.

At FB we've played: Janovich, Marrow, Stoddard & Zimmerer. That's four of the five guys on the roster.

At OL we've played: Choi, Jackson, Pelini, Pensick, Long, Qvale, ARod, Sirles & Thompson, and I'm probably forgetting one or two guys. That's nine of the 26 guys on the roster.

At QB we've played: Martinez and Kellogg, unless you count one or two series in the Idaho St. game. That's two of the seven guys on the roster.

At DL we've played: Steinkuhler, Martin, Ankrah, Rome, Carter, Camstache, Anderson Randle & Williams. That's nine of the 20 guys on the roster.

At LB we've played: Compton, Whaley, Fisher, Kreikemeier, Pirman, Roach & Santos. That's seven of the 16 guys on the roster. Zaire Anderson would have played had he not ACL'd himself in Fall Camp.

At DB we've played: Evans, Green, Stafford, Smith, Osborne, Jean-Baptiste, Davie, Dean, Jackson, Mitchell, Seisay, Blatchford & Cooper. That's 13 of 22 guys on the roster.

Who did I miss? I know I've missed some. But this notion of "Bo doesn't play the backups" is factually inaccurate.

It's cool that you've got gripes about the team. There are things to gripe about. But be honest about them. There's enough wrong with this team that we don't need to make stuff up about what Bo's screwing up on.

• Fire 1

plus one. i have been posting this exact sentiment for some time now.

It is all about talent guys. We have nothing wrong with X's and O's we have a problem with the Jimmy's and joes. Our offense has been improved because of our skill position talent and Taylor's progression. Our defense stinks because it lacks talent.

For me, it's cause for concern that the Seniors we have on defense now didn't progress much over the last 4 years. If we don't see a huge jump on defense next year, just because of the superior talent we supposedly have, then we have very little evidence that they'll progress much over the following 3 years. Basically what we have next year, is what our defense will be the next 4 years. Based on the evidence.

Carl is no longer around to turn our defensive tackles in to All-Americans. The only position group I've seen progress on defense recently is the cornerbacks.

This is true, and it's the most baffling thing to me. I believe Bo when he says he didn't forget how to defend the run, but presuming this is true, how can anyone explain an upperclassmen-laden roster that gives up a school record rushing yards to a 7-5 team? How can we possibly have two guys rush for 200 yards against us?

I have no answers for this. Wisconsin isn't better than Nebraska. And yet the scoreboard is embarrassingly lopsided, and I have very little hope that it'll be any different against Georgia.

This is true, and it's the most baffling thing to me. I believe Bo when he says he didn't forget how to defend the run, but presuming this is true, how can anyone explain an upperclassmen-laden roster that gives up a school record rushing yards to a 7-5 team? How can we possibly have two guys rush for 200 yards against us?

I have no answers for this. Wisconsin isn't better than Nebraska. And yet the scoreboard is embarrassingly lopsided, and I have very little hope that it'll be any different against Georgia.

I agree and disagree. I think for the last year and a half we have seen our secondary, as a whole, develop. However, we have been lacking a stand out safety, which clearly is an integral part of Bo's scheme. Stafford and Cassidy last year, leave a lot to be desired. The single biggest issue for me, is SIZE on the DLine. No matter how much you teach technique, you cant compensate for the size difference we faced several times this year.

This. As much as everyone likes to scream about the blowout losses, progress is being made. Match average recruiting with a conference change, some staff turnover, and injuries on the both lines and you can see we are actually sitting pretty good.

The blowouts hurt. Bad. but the fact is, we have simply run out of horses on the DL and need help. The staff SHOULD be able to correct this through recruiting, but it may take a year or two at this point.

This. As much as everyone likes to scream about the blowout losses, progress is being made. Match average recruiting with a conference change, some staff turnover, and injuries on the both lines and you can see we are actually sitting pretty good.

The blowouts hurt. Bad. but the fact is, we have simply run out of horses on the DL and need help. The staff SHOULD be able to correct this through recruiting, but it may take a year or two at this point.

Shouldn't the horses already be there? I mean this is year 5...Bo should have Jrs, Sophs and Fr in the stable...or did he not realize he had to recruit all day er day?

that is the problem with recruiting problems. it takes a couple of years to realize them and then a couple of years to fix.

Shouldn't the horses already be there? I mean this is year 5...Bo should have Jrs, Sophs and Fr in the stable...or did he not realize he had to recruit all day er day?

We did switch conferences in the midst of Bo's recruiting efforts. We went from playing high-octane spread offenses to teams who nearly all have thumping runners and huge O Lines. We'll see what happens with the guys he's brought in these last two years. Hopefully next year we start seeing the differences in bodies diminish.