Global Warming

QUpES.png

Scientists do not disagree about human-caused global warming. It is the ruling paradigm of climate science, in the same way that plate tectonics is the ruling paradigm of geology. We know that continents move. We know that the earth is warming and that human emissions of greenhouse gases are the primary cause. These are known facts about which virtually all publishing scientists agree.

Jim Powell is a science author. He has been a college and museum president and was a member of the National Science Board for 12 years, appointed first by President Reagan and then by President George H. W. Bush.

http://www.desmogblog.com/2012/11/15/why-climate-deniers-have-no-credibility-science-one-pie-chart

CO2 acts as a greenhouse gas - fact

Humans emit CO2 when they burn fossil fuels - fact

The amount of CO2 that has been emitted by humans so far has increased the temperature of the planet and will continue to raise the temperature of the planet - angering the weather gods until they unleash Armageddon on the human populace in the form of giant hurricanes - still a theory

the only problem with global warming is that we don't have enough stats for long enough and we are coming out of an ice age so we don't know for sure what temps the planet is overall. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to be more greener just don't declare something cause you have 50-100 years of info on a planet that has been around billions of years and gone through like 5 ice ages.

And the solution is to tax American business into oblivion? The only person making money on this deal is Al Gore.

Not everything is about making money.

If businesses wanted to be responsible and do what they could to reduce pumping chemicals and green house gasses into the air, there wouldn't be the need for the gov to interfere. Unfortunately without being forced to, we would still be suffering from acid rain and smog all over the place.

• Fire 2

Every single thing I read about Global Warming tells me the world is gonna end if it gets hotter. It never gets nicer, more balmy, more comfy, it's always DEATH HORROR AHHHGGGHHGHHH !!!!!!

The Dinosaurs lived for 150 million years in hotter temps than we've lived in these past 50,000 years. And I'm supposed to panic over this? I don't think so.

dropthemic.gif

Every single thing I read about Global Warming tells me the world is gonna end if it gets hotter. It never gets nicer, more balmy, more comfy, it's always DEATH HORROR AHHHGGGHHGHHH !!!!!!

The Dinosaurs lived for 150 million years in hotter temps than we've lived in these past 50,000 years. And I'm supposed to panic over this? I don't think so.

WE ARE NOT DINOSAURS!!!!!!

There isn't that much water on the planet. Check it:

All the water on the earth collected in one spot.

LINK

Waterworld lied to you. They lied.

so did noah.

i'm out.

dropthemic.gif