The Capital One Bowl...this deal is getting worse all the time...

I've also heard that there are quite a few guys on our squad that have the mindset that there is not a snowball's chance in hell we beat these guys either. Let's hope that's not true.

Really!? Damn...

If this is true, those guys wouldn't travel. No way. Game or not, that quitter mentality needs to be cut away and jettisoned. You think Peter, Wistrom. Brown, Miles, Minter (name your fave Huskers) ever thought that crap. If true, this is a program that will never win a conference or MNC...................

Let me also add the obligatory source?

I think that a lot of the UGA players who are potential high draft picks will take it easy. The curfew thing is going to hurt them, seeing as they play at noon on New Year's day. Nebraska is a good running team, UGA is a bad running defense team. If you guys just don't turn it over, you'll probably out grind them.

Were screwed.

I think that a lot of the UGA players who are potential high draft picks will take it easy. The curfew thing is going to hurt them, seeing as they play at noon on New Year's day. Nebraska is a good running team, UGA is a bad running defense team. If you guys just don't turn it over, you'll probably out grind them.

Were screwed.

That's my biggest worry....turning the ball over against them. If NEB turns the ball over...it could be a blowout IMO. If NEB holds onto it....it may end up being a slugfest.

Were screwed.

That's my biggest worry....turning the ball over against them. If NEB turns the ball over...it could be a blowout IMO. If NEB holds onto it....it may end up being a slugfest.

And if our defense plays decent and gets a turnover or two, i gives us a good chance to win this game.

And if our defense plays decent and gets a turnover or two, i gives us a good chance to win this game.

That's a tall order for this defense sans Baker. Perhaps if the talk about going to a 3-4 base defense were more than just talk?...I dunno...

I doubt the Big 12 holds any animosity towards us.

Really? So assigning that continent of asshat officials that covered the Texass, AtM, and Iowa State games and called penalties in a partisan, disproportional fashion in favor of our opponents (36-9 in three games IIRC) was just a big hug and a kiss from the Big XII headquarters in Austin Irving to send us on our way? Your optimism appears to eschew the political reality of our exit...

...granted, I would love for you to be right...but I believe the reality will be that the officiating skews blatantly and heavily (hilariously?) against our team.

• Fire 1

Offensively, we are better than Georgia (minus turnover margin)

Defensively, Georgia is better. We are both better in one category than the other, but Defense wins games. I am not going into this game with the mindset we are going to lose, but I wouldn't be shocked and/or depressed if it did happen. If we win, I will be throwing back a few beers while a tear rolls down my cheek lol.

Losing a game your expected to lose, shouldn't be much of a shock, as it would be a game you were suppose to win. Winning games your not suppose to win is even a better feeling. I think our team performs better, when they are the under dogs.

That's a tall order for this defense sans Baker. Perhaps if the talk about going to a 3-4 base defense were more than just talk?...I dunno...

I doubt the Big 12 holds any animosity towards us.

Really? So assigning that continent of asshat officials that covered the Texass, AtM, and Iowa State games and called penalties in a partisan, disproportional fashion in favor of our opponents (36-9 in three games IIRC) was just a big hug and a kiss from the Big XII headquarters in Austin Irving to send us on our way? Your optimism appears to eschew the political reality of our exit...

...granted, I would love for you to be right...but I believe the reality will be that the officiating skews blatantly and heavily (hilariously?) against our team.

Your right! Why didn't I see it before. How blind could I have been. I am so glad you pointed out to me my folly Mr. McFly. Now jump back in your Delorean and come back to the future. You seriuosly think the same crew and oh by the way, Beebes' not there anymore are going to come in and we will see a repeat of the AtM game? I for one am glad that our corners will be able to play, unlike in the BIG where you get a flag just for being a CB at N. I didn't say "Hey, that was a good game, thanks Big12 for your hospitality, peace." I agree we got jobbed, 2 years ago.

You seriuosly [sic] think the same crew and oh by the way, Beebes' [sic] not there anymore are going to come in and we will see a repeat of the AtM game?

Last I checked, Texass is still in the Big XII, which means they are still trying to run the damn thing from Austin. So yes, I fully expect a repeat of the AtM game. And again, as I stated before, I would love to be wrong on this (and for you to be right, naturally)...but I fully expect to see a lot of ticky-tack and just blatantly wrong calls made next week.

And you seem to forget that same crew showed partisan "officiating" in not one, but three games. The AtM game just happened to be the most blatant and visible of the three. The LJS and OWH ran the numbers and did the math on this to confirm this was more than just sour grapes by Nebraska fans.

Let me get this straight...we're playing the team that was :15 away from the NC game, without our best Defensive Lineman, with 'officiating' from our former Whorn-controlled conference, and now we get word that we're getting a former Georgia Bulldog in the booth to whore out the over-exposed SEC on ESPN *justalittlebitmore*.

Am I the only one that keeps thinking that sees all of these intangibles stacked against us and chuckles, like the way this season ended has become one big karmic joke? Or are things still too raw for people to laugh about this just yet?

There is no proof that the Big 12 Refs like Texas

wait nevermind.

Also Georgia's top two WR were out for the SEC title game.

You seriuosly [sic] think the same crew and oh by the way, Beebes' [sic] not there anymore are going to come in and we will see a repeat of the AtM game?

Last I checked, Texass is still in the Big XII, which means they are still trying to run the damn thing from Austin. So yes, I fully expect a repeat of the AtM game. And again, as I stated before, I would love to be wrong on this (and for you to be right, naturally)...but I fully expect to see a lot of ticky-tack and just blatantly wrong calls made next week.

And you seem to forget that same crew showed partisan "officiating" in not one, but three games. The AtM game just happened to be the most blatant and visible of the three. The LJS and OWH ran the numbers and did the math on this to confirm this was more than just sour grapes by Nebraska fans.

Can we petition to have a $ec crew do the game so we can have a shot at winning?