WR James Clark [Ohio State - Signed NLI]

Ed Helms

I sure have ... it's just my perception that we need bodies at the DT position, regardless of who we have and who we bring in ... and I feel real good about the WR spot. It's a compliment to James believe me ... with a highlight to the need on our team being greater at DT.

I understand, but can't we trade away Jay Guy and Todd Peat for one big-time DT? :lol: (Yes, I realize Peat is no longer on the team.)

His offer with Florida may be non commitable. So I am not sure how to look at this situation. Could Northwestern be the team to lead right now?

So they offer him a scholarship that he cannot accept because they don't want to give it to him? Is that how that works? Why even bother? I'm not picking at you either by the way just don't understand the point of doing that.

His offer with Florida may be non commitable. So I am not sure how to look at this situation. Could Northwestern be the team to lead right now?

So they offer him a scholarship that he cannot accept because they don't want to give it to him? Is that how that works? Why even bother? I'm not picking at you either by the way just don't understand the point of doing that.

It's done all the time by teams, they give them a verbal offer basically saying if we miss on a kid or two you have an official offer. It sucks, but thats the nature of the beast that is recruiting.

It's done all the time by teams, they give them a verbal offer basically saying if we miss on a kid or two you have an official offer. It sucks, but thats the nature of the beast that is recruiting.

I don't follow recruiting close enough to know that thanks. I think it would turn me off of a team more than anything.

This young man looks really explosive and very athletic. Now we already have two pretty promising WR recruits in Walker and Gladney... and have Westerkamp coming off of a redshirt... so WR is not really a position of need and Clark is not critical in that sense... but wow, what an athlete. I think so much so that you take him gladly even if the position he plays is stacked.

Interestingly, this morning on the radio, they were claiming that we shouldn't be surprised if Moore didn't jump over Westerkamp on the depth chart.

I agree. WR isn't a huge need right now but we should still take someone this good if there is room in the class.

Because WR is so loaded and the DB crew is not (at least in youg DB's), I'd like to see several WR go over to the DB crew. Moore was a standout HS safety (or corner, can not remember which). So was Tariq Allen. These two, at the least, should switch over to the defense where we are in desperate need of athletes. With the RB position stacked too... take a young one and move them to the defense as well. I hate to see positions w/o great athletes and then other positions with so many athletes that great athletes never see the field being buried in the depth charts. Spread that speed and athleticism over as many positions as possible.