What did we learn

Nothing we didn't know already.

A season of failure has come to a close. Turnovers, penalties, embarrassing O-line play, shaky QB play, miserable special teams, no defense to speak of, and an unshakable tendency to meltdown on the big stage when it matters most.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 Nebraska Cornhuskers.

The program is on the right track if a "season of failure" gets you 10 wins.... Either that, or the fanbase is ______ crazy....

• Fire 4

Defense needs some serious work/recruiting in the off-season. 31 points NEEDS to be enough to win games if we want to be successful

Hah! If we couldn't get good recruits after Suh/Amukamara/Hagg/Gomes success here, how do you think we're gonna pull them in now? We aren't. We are stagnant. Now begins the gradual decline until people are fed up with it and we make the change that needs to happen.

I'm proud of the team, played hard, made it a game.

DB's are in position but make bad plays on the ball- happened all year. Baffling!

We seem to reach a point late in big games where we cannot run block or pass protect- and that is when the score starts to separate.

Tmart is good for at least 2 turnovers a game in any big game- although I was pleased he didn't throw his big game pick 6.

The Abdullah fumble is what sealed our fate.

Although people will blame our secondary for the #'s I think the lack of pressure on Murray is what killed us. Too much time to throw. Couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.

Josh Mitchell is just too little.

That Huskerboard shouldn't surprise me.

They're going to blow us out...Georgia is so damn good, we stand no chance. We'll probably lose by 30. If Wisconsin put up 70 against us, what will Georgia do? I don't know if I'm going to watch this game, might be ugly.

Then they are surprised when we do lose.

Aaron Murray played the game of his career, and really proved that he is going to be a great NFL talent.

• Fire 1

That this will be the norm as long as Pelini is head coach. 10 wins/year, terrible post-seasons. Never being able to take it to the next level.

I do not agree. We have a lot of young coaches... We will be better in time. AA's timely fumble as well as other things out of the coach's control occured. It was a frustrating game that Nebraska should have won. We had them wore out and driving and we fumble... Do you make this same post if we had not fumbled and won?

• Fire 1

I think this is a crucial time in Pelini's tenure. Every mistake that's been made in recent past in regards to recruiting, staffing, and coaching the defensive side of the ball came to a head this year. Pelini is a prideful guy, and I've directed my frustration and fanatical reactionary venom at him as much as anyone, but he knows something has to change. The changes that need to be made? It's his job to figure out, and if he can't then quite frankly he must not be the right guy for the job.

We all like to talk about that pivotal period where Osborne and McBride started recruiting and developing speed.....switching to a 4-3, moving towards undersized, speedy playmakers on defense. Bo was hired to, at the very least, field a stout defense that could keep the team in games. If he can figure it out, then we'll all romanticize this period of the program and speak of the game, or year where the light bulbs came on. If not, then the Pelini tenure will be an unceremonious blip on the Husker radar.

• Fire 1