SIGNED DE Ernest Suttles

O8n7o.png

Name: Ernest Stuttles

Hometown: Tampa, FL

High School: Gaither High School

HT: 6'5

Wt: 240 lbs

40: 4.7

Offers: Iowa State, Ball State, Bethune-Cookman, Indiana, Massachusetts, Memphis, Middle Tennessee State, Ohio, Western Michigan, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska

SABNU.gif

247: :star :star :star

Rivals: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star

2013 Tampa (Fla.) Gaither DE Ernest Suttles was offered by #Nebraska today. #Huskers

It seems that the staff is targeting speed off the corners. A 4.7 40 is fast, if he could get to 260, and keep that speed that would be ideal.... The staff knows what they're doing....

I'm always wondered why we didn't hunt down the Fla kids that were "under the radar". There is so much talent in that state it's stupid.

• Upvote 1

I'm always wondered why we didn't hunt down the Fla kids that were "under the radar". There is so much talent in that state it's stupid.

I have been saying this for years!

We have lacked speed in certain positions during Pelini's tenure. Welp, Florida is the speed state. I'm glad we are seeing more FL commits and prospects. This year's class has just as many Florida commits as the last three year's combined.

I have been saying this for years!

We have lacked speed in certain positions during Pelini's tenure. Welp, Florida is the speed state. I'm glad we are seeing more FL commits and prospects. This year's class has just as many Florida commits as the last three year's combined.

With the possibility to add one or two more. I get the feeling TJ has a lot to do with us hitting the South so hard within the last week.

Honestly, he sounds like he was a late bloomer. Via bigcountypreps -

Ernest Suttles, Gaither 2013 DL and 2012 first team All BCP selection received offers from Kentucky and Missouri recently. Suttles is an Iowa State verbal commit but has picked up lots of interest since a double digit sack season and impact plays.

After watching Louisville just dominate Florida's o-line with a bunch of "under the radar" Florida kids, couldn't agree more. Let's get some serious speed on the defense.

cant hurt to have florida kids on the roster if we give a couple of under the radar kids a chance and build relationships with the highschool coaches it could lead to us someday landing some big time recruits down there

• Upvote 1

cant hurt to have florida kids on the roster if we give a couple of under the radar kids a chance and build relationships with the highschool coaches it could lead to us someday landing some big time recruits down there

Exactly!

I'm all for getting good recruits out of Florida if we can. But lets not delude ourselves into believing there's anything magical about Florida kids. We actually have recruited several in the Pelini era that have failed to impact the team. Bell (the CB) just completed his career at NU without really making a name for himself. Carnes sat behind a Nebraska walk-on on our QB depth chart this year and is practically not mentioned in conversations about post-Martinez QB scenarios. Moore started as a true Freshman, then left. Not that any of this really means much.

just turn a few of these lightly recruited Florida kids into all conference players and the sea will part! Take the kids that have something to prove. Getting snubbed by the instate schools is usually good motivation!

I'm all for getting good recruits out of Florida if we can. But lets not delude ourselves into believing there's anything magical about Florida kids. We actually have recruited several in the Pelini era that have failed to impact the team. Bell (the CB) just completed his career at NU without really making a name for himself. Carnes sat behind a Nebraska walk-on on our QB depth chart this year and is practically not mentioned in conversations about post-Martinez QB scenarios. Moore started as a true Freshman, then left. Not that any of this really means much.

Probably because he's a WR.

Will take an OV here this weekend, didn't realize he was from Gaither HS. I assume Beck still has a good relationship with their HC, since we recruited Jarvis Giles so hard.

I know aspeedlin mentioned it before, I just wanted to confirm:

Nate Clouse@NateClouse

Tampa (Fla.) Gaither DE Ernest Suttles will be taking his official visit to #Nebraska this weekend (Jan. 11th) #Huskers

Nate Clouse@NateClouse

#Nebraska will host 3 players from Florida for OV's this weekend: DT Kevin Maurice, WR James Clark, DE Ernest Suttles #Huskers

Sounds like he could flip to us on his visit this weekend, hes pretty excited and seems to know alot about our history from NU alums teaching at his school in tampa. I would bet he commits on his visit.

not a bad idea givin his size, but he loves defense and loves causing chaos. Think we will be getting a good prospect here, with some good potential. I certainly like that we are going after the long lengthy athletic DEs like Gregory, this kid and Thomas Brown. At 6'6 they will naturally gain more weight as they get older, instead of taking a guy thats already 260 out of HS and trying to mold him, take a young tall skinny kid like this and put some good wieght on him and turn him lose.

Forgot to mention he has only been playing football for two years.

I thought I read somewhere that JP wanted DE's to be a little more lengthy and rangy, much like a basketball player.

not a bad idea givin his size, but he loves defense and loves causing chaos. Think we will be getting a good prospect here, with some good potential. I certainly like that we are going after the long lengthy athletic DEs like Gregory, this kid and Thomas Brown. At 6'6 they will naturally gain more weight as they get older, instead of taking a guy thats already 260 out of HS and trying to mold him, take a young tall skinny kid like this and put some good wieght on him and turn him lose.

Is Thomas Brown moving to DE, I thought he was a LB?

I thought I read somewhere that JP wanted DE's to be a little more lengthy and rangy, much like a basketball player.

I've been wanting this for a long time too. Get in the backfield with speed and cause chaos. I know, I know, I'm looking at the past, but when we used speed rushers like Alberts, wistrom, tomich, vanden bosch, etc I frickin LOVED it.

I've been wanting this for a long time too. Get in the backfield with speed and cause chaos. I know, I know, I'm looking at the past, but when we used speed rushers like Alberts, wistrom, tomich, vanden bosch, etc I frickin LOVED it.

How is that looking in the past? That is what is needed to win championships.

How is that looking in the past? That is what is needed to win championships.

I know, but people get all pissy when we try to compare now to the 90s. I'm not comparing teams per se, I'm comparing styles so they shouldn't but some still do.

Probably referring to Avery Moss. Brown is nowhere near 6'6 and a linebacker.

That would make more sense since he is a DE, and I think in Big Red Wrap-up when they were going over this class with Moss they were talking about JP wanting the basketball type DE's.

Easy to love when it works!!! We can't continue to give the opposing offenses so much time to develop plays.

Easy to love when it works!!! We can't continue to give the opposing offenses so much time to develop plays.

I think the best example of the long, athletic DE's is what LSU had in Mingo and Montgomery. Very athletic kids and they seemed to always be in the backfield when I watched their games.

No hes an OLB but sounds like he could be used as a stand up rush DE in certain situations, stand up kind of like Eric Martin was. Having Gergory and Brown as walk around DEs/ or OLBs in a 3-4 on thrid and long would be awsome to see. Bo is going to have some weapons on defense for once. Hope he uses them.

No hes an OLB but sounds like he could be used as a stand up rush DE in certain situations, stand up kind of like Eric Martin was. Having Gergory and Brown as walk around DEs/ or OLBs in a 3-4 on thrid and long would be awsome to see. Bo is going to have some weapons on defense for once. Hope he uses them.

For once? The plethora of guys on NFL rosters say hello.

For once? The plethora of guys on NFL rosters say hello.

Ya ya , its hard to remember those guys when our defense sucked so bad this year. Bo will be getting some defensive weapons AGAIN...happy?

I expect a full athletic upgrade on the defensive side of the ball. Crazy to think as we were already more athletic than a ton of the teams we played.

Same here - I personally have been "waiting" for us to lose so much that we are forced to play some youth. Just so much more speed and won't get yanked immediately for one error - and they may have to simplify the D a little more, so they are making football plays rather than thinking about what to do.