Whats your Highlight of the 2012 season?

So this year has come and gone, and us football fanatics are just waiting on Signing Day, NFL Combine, Draft and the Red/White Spring Game, until our beloved season starts again.

I was looking back and was trying to figure out what the one thing that I will always remember about this season.

For me, its two things. I think I will always remember the 4 comeback wins the Huskers had. Many people have their own outlook on that, but to me, it was a group of men who came together to defeat the odds. Not every team can do what they did. Many teams give up, but this year, this team never gave up. Not even in the Wisconsin CCG. Our players faught with a lot of heart this year.

The one thing I will honestly NEVER forget, was the Kenny Bell block! That block still makes me smile to this day. Not because a player got injured, but because it was a stellar textbook block.

Whats yours?

I'm a pretty laid-back fan and don't react too emotionally to wins or losses - but the one moment that had me whooping, hollering, and jumping was Turner's catch at the end of the MSU game.

In all, I thought it was one hell of an entertaining season. Except for Ohio State, Idaho St, and the CCG, every game contained 4 quarters of intrigue, if not outright excitement. I haven't had this much fun watching Husker football since I got out of college (2001). I'm disappointed at all the angst and hand-wringing on the internet over a couple of lopsided losses, when we just witnessed week after week of fantastic entertainment apart from those two losses.

T-Mart Wisc. run was both the highlight and high point of the season. Everything crashed and burned after that.

Bell's block will come up in discussions for the entire offseason.

Rex returning against Iowa and literally carrying half the Iowa defense to a few hard fought first downs.

The receivers in the Southern Miss game - because we finally could quit hearing bshirt whine about them not catching passes.

Going undefeated at home for the first time since 2001.

Avenging our losses to Wisconsin & Michigan the season prior.

The comebacks will always be remembered.

Rex persevering through a nagging knee injury and passing on his knowledge and leadership to Ameer, Braylon, and Imani.

Taylor becoming more of a leader, improving his mechanics, and showing major toughness in a season filled with turmoil.

Kenny, Quincy, and Jamal stepping up not only as pass catchers, but as blockers as well. Kenny obviously stole the show this year with that block in the CCG. Should be a fun group to watch over the next couple years.

It's not a highlight, but not backing down against Georgia and that physical SEC defense in the Capital One Bowl was a great sight to see after what happened in Indy.

Can't wait for the Spring Game!

GBR!

Honestly, I loved watching the 2012 season. It was exciting, entertaining and emotional football. I am really grateful for this season and these players.

The highlight for me was the improvement over last season. It was going 5-1 against the Big Ten's six best (all good football teams) back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back, and clawing and fighting our way to do it. It was being down but having the fortitude and tenacity to come back. It was wearing teams down in the fourth quarter and punching them in the mouth. It was being competitive in every game but one. It was never giving up.

• Fire 4

My highlights were:

-the comeback wins. So much heart and leadership by the team

-Taylor's run for TD in the CCG

-Taylor's long runs all season (UCLA, 2 vs. MSU, & CCG)

-Kenny Bell's block

-controlling our own destiny and making it into the CCG

-Compton's pick-6 on the screen play in the Georgia game

And my favorite:

-The emergence of Jamal Turner at the WR spot. He appeared to be the go-to guy for Taylor during the last half of the season, and really has overshadowed one of the fan favorites, Kenny Bell. I look for BIG things out of JT in the next 2 years.

The great way our fans said 'Goodbye' to Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom running out of the Tunnel with Bo and the team-stellar

Rex's comeback and his support of that little guy with cancer

Taylor's leadership this year.

The 6 game 'win out' Loved those comebacks. This was the most exciting season I've ever watched! Never a dull moment when you played us this year!!

Beating all those teams in the B1G that beat us last year (I especially LOVED beating Wisconsin)

The way we made Georgia sweat for at least 3 quarters and being ahead of them at halftime.

The last minute win against MSU.

I for one am looking forward to next year. I've also enjoyed reading all of the posts here on HB. To Knappic and the rest of the Mods-thanks for putting up with all of our whining, belly-aching-venting and allowing us to celebrate a bunch too in our varied different ways! Thanks to all who post-we're probably the most dysfunctional 'family' on the planet but at the end of the day we all love our Huskers!