Fisher 6th Year? (Page 2 Update)

QMany

From what Ross Els said, he hasn't talked to Fisher much about coming back for a 6th year. Wanted to give him the opportunity to get away from him and football and see how he feels. Said he would sit him down later this month and go over his options, but what he is looking from Fisher is how does he feel. If being away from the football atmosphere feels good then his choice to go to med school will be smart, if he doesn't feel right being away from the football atmosphere, then maybe he will come back.

Should know something about Fisher towards the end of the month.

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip

Sean Fisher announces he will NOT return to #Huskers football team next season, per NU official release.

Sean Fisher said he plans to enroll in medical school in the fall and "am putting all my energy toward preparing for that." #Huskers

Really happy for Sean.

Thank you for all of your hard work, perseverance, and dedication to the Husker football program.

I apologize for some of our douchebag fans.

Sean Fisher announces he will NOT return to #Huskers football team next season, per NU official release.

Really happy for Sean.

Sean Fisher said he plans to enroll in medical school in the fall and "am putting all my energy toward preparing for that." #Huskers

Good for him! It'll probably pay off better in the long run for him anyway.

From what Ross Els said, he hasn't talked to Fisher much about coming back for a 6th year. Wanted to give him the opportunity to get away from him and football and see how he feels. Said he would sit him down later this month and go over his options, but what he is looking from Fisher is how does he feel. If being away from the football atmosphere feels good then his choice to go to med school will be smart, if he doesn't feel right being away from the football atmosphere, then maybe he will come back.

I heard Pap has been the one talking to him about his 6th year here. Just rumors though, just like most of the stuff floating around lol.

I heard Pap has been the one talking to him about his 6th year here. Just rumors though, just like most of the stuff floating around lol.

i hope he talks him into coming back. Smart kid that can help mentor a very young LB corp. An you play faster when you know what youre suppose tio be doing so i dont completely buy into the we we'll be better cause we'll be faster next year. How could people not want Sean back in a husker uniform. If he's healthy I say give another push to get him back.

If he still says no then good luck to you Sean and thanks for everything you've done for the program. Representing the school as an All American student is just as big of a deal! :thumbs

If he finished in the top 1% of MCAT scores and is applying at John Hopkins medical school surely he will be accepted to Med school at Nebraska. Play your 6th year take grad classes at NU and then transfer to his med school of his choosing....anyway a 6th year senior helping these freshman and RS freshman play and lineup at LB can be nothing but a possitive for the defensive side of the ball this year! regardless of what ends up happening wishing him the best on and off the field even though it seems like hes pretty much got it figured out!

If he finished in the top 1% of MCAT scores and is applying at John Hopkins medical school surely he will be accepted to Med school at Nebraska. Play your 6th year take grad classes at NU and then transfer to his med school of his choosing....anyway a 6th year senior helping these freshman and RS freshman play and lineup at LB can be nothing but a possitive for the defensive side of the ball this year! regardless of what ends up happening wishing him the best on and off the field even though it seems like hes pretty much got it figured out!

he's already gone. go back about 20 posts.

he's already gone. go back about 20 posts.

My bad thx for the update

i hope he talks him into coming back. Smart kid that can help mentor a very young LB corp. An you play faster when you know what youre suppose tio be doing so i dont completely buy into the we we'll be better cause we'll be faster next year. How could people not want Sean back in a husker uniform. If he's healthy I say give another push to get him back.

If he still says no then good luck to you Sean and thanks for everything you've done for the program. Representing the school as an All American student is just as big of a deal! :thumbs

Yeah, Well Fisher has decided to move on. Pap was the one who was trying to convince him to stay. I don't think the coaching staff pressured it like some would have liked, or think was being done. As knapp has said in a previous post, this game has broken Fisher down, and broke him hard. I heard of rumors about him limping around after games, like bad enough where you felt bad for him, but he did that for his team and fans. Knapp just turned that rumor into a fact by stating he saw it personally, and I don't want a kid to suffer like that for my pleasure and selfishness of wanting to be a better program. He has done enough and excelled into a better player than I would have thought.

Hats off to Fisher and I am positive he will have a bright future in front of him. Great guy.