This thread was also to see if there were any other vegans or vegetarians not for people to say "I like meat" you are crazy

You're on a NEBRASKA FOOTBALL board good luck...

Look at the threads surrounding this one. "What to watch on Netflix" what kind of car do you drive etc. husker football is in the husker football area...crazy concept I know

You're so thick headed. It's an observation on the demographic not where you posting it. You come on a board dominated by men who in one form or another have ties to Nebraska, a pretty conservative place. The odds aren't good they're a vegetarian, so don't be surprised if you don't find any.

No need to call names. Oddly enough you find different views on religion and sexuality on this board. It isn't a stretch to imagine a few on the board also have different diets.

Free range chicken equals 3 square feet of space including their nesting box.

Um no... it doesn't.

The "standard" to label your hens free range means they only need access to the outdoors. A door for example that is open 5 minutes a day constitutes "free range" chicken.

Exactly.

Many of which only have a few square feet of room including their nesting box....

Many of which only have a few square feet of room including their nesting box....

I'm aware of how it works, I've had a college course on the subject. Yes free range is a gimmick and poultry is one industry that needs some updating and for the lobbyist to take a break in Washington.

I'm aware of how it works, I've had a college course on the subject. Yes free range is a gimmick and poultry is one industry that needs some updating and for the lobbyist to take a break in Washington.

Poultry is by far the worst in terms of the treatment they receive. I completely agree that they need to do massive reform in the industry

Well I grew up on a farm and I can assure you not all animals slaughtered in this world are killed inhumanely. Unless you think killing animals is inhumane and wrong in itself, but I don't. Secondly, I try and have vegetables and/or fruit with every meal or at least everyday. The notion that people should never eat meat is ridiculous.

I don't find the notion that persons should not eat meat to be ridiculous at all. You don't need to kill and eat animals to survive or live a long and healthy life. You eat them because society finds it acceptable as a whole and you were raised eating it.

This is more of a morality issue for you then.

Are animals killed there? Are they crowded into small spaces? They are being killed because we "want" meat not need meat

We don't need to kill animals to survive. Fruits, Veggies, whole grains, nuts etc and exercise will beat a burger and fried chicken every time. Our society in general needs to get back to basics. Fruits and more so veggies should outnumber meat in a persons diet by quite a bit. Heck they should outnumber grains as well.

Sounds like you're the one that needs to get back to basics. Animals kill and eat other animals. It happened before humans existed, it happened before society existed, happened before slaughterhouses existed, and if by some chance the world turns out that way, it will continue to happen long after we're gone. Those animals don't need to kill and eat other animals either, but it's nature, and natural.

• Fire 2

Why anyone would be a vegetarian or vegan is beyond me. Beef, pork, chicken, mmmmmmmmm.

A great way to show you why exactly a person would be Vegan or vegetarian is to watch the documentary Vegucated. You can watch it on Netflix even. Best way to explain it to someone is that documentary I have found.

Me personally, I absolutely love steak, chicken etc you name it. However the way in which the livestock we eat is punished and treated isn't humane and honestly makes me cringe. I have also found that when filling myself with plant based and whole grain meals I don't have the same crappy feeling I used to with a big steak. Other things such as the correlation between red meat consumption and cardiovascular disease and cancer were things I would prefer to try to avoid.

That is just the tip of the iceberg but a little blip of vegan life :-D

You know nothing about the livestock industry.

Why anyone would be a vegetarian or vegan is beyond me. Beef, pork, chicken, mmmmmmmmm.

A great way to show you why exactly a person would be Vegan or vegetarian is to watch the documentary Vegucated. You can watch it on Netflix even. Best way to explain it to someone is that documentary I have found.

Me personally, I absolutely love steak, chicken etc you name it. However the way in which the livestock we eat is punished and treated isn't humane and honestly makes me cringe. I have also found that when filling myself with plant based and whole grain meals I don't have the same crappy feeling I used to with a big steak. Other things such as the correlation between red meat consumption and cardiovascular disease and cancer were things I would prefer to try to avoid.

I know animals are tortured and killed at slaughterhouses. I know industry standards are not where they need to be

I know animals are tortured and killed at slaughterhouses. I know industry standards are not where they need to be

Once again, you know absolutely nothing about the livestock industry. I've been involved with it for my entire life. I've taken part in animal slaughtering. They are not tortured. They are killed in a way that makes it the least painful to the animal, and with the increasing amount of ignorant people such as yourself who have these ridiculous views of how horribly these animals are treated, slaughter houses have done a lot to improve their methods of doing things.

Landlord made a great point a ways above. Animals kill other animals in order to keep themselves alive. And whether you want to admit it or not, people are still animals. There is nothing immoral or inhumane about consuming meat. It's called the food chain.

What kind of torture?... and killed? At a slaughterhouse? Noooooooo, couldn't be.