So I'm confused, Hedley. What's the reason for not drinking milk? Just curious.

They aren't treated any better

He's against milk because he's seen this...

That is such an awesome movie. Maybe the best thing on Netfix right now. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I hate this topic more than any other I've ever read on Huskerboard, because I agree with a lot of what Hedley is saying. I think there are a lot of ignorant comments on here, but I think they're mostly being made because of Hedley's post history.

The reason I don't eat much meat is because its production causes a sh#t ton of pollution (namely the cows) and it isn't as nutrient dense as veggies and fruit. I can get a lot more mileage out of fruits and veggies. People in general eat way more meat than they need to, but I understand the taste factor. It tastes great. I probably eat chicken about once a month and fish/seafood twice a week.

What's the point of a cow if we don't eat it and make baseball gloves out of it?

Cows produce methane, a known greenhouse gas, which contributes to global warming. By eating this enemy of the environment, I'm helping to save the planet.

It's something I do for my fellow humans.

Nice logic, knapp :P

I hate this topic more than any other I've ever read on Huskerboard, because I agree with a lot of what Hedley is saying. I think there are a lot of ignorant comments on here, but I think they're mostly being made because of Hedley's post history.

The reason I don't eat much meat is because its production causes a sh#t ton of pollution (namely the cows) and it isn't as nutrient dense as veggies and fruit. I can get a lot more mileage out of fruits and veggies. People in general eat way more meat than they need to, but I understand the taste factor. It tastes great. I probably eat chicken about once a month and fish/seafood twice a week.

A persons taste profile can change after only a few weeks of "new" foods. I used to be all about steak, chicken, pork etc. Now I base my diet around veggies including soy and also some fruit.

On a side note I am going to head towards being a vegetarian instead of vegan most likely. After calling and emailing multiple egg companies and farms etc i finally found a local Iowa farm only a short drive away that truly has free range chickens that have not been de-beaked nor are only given 67 sq inches of space as other free range companies have. The worst part was how one of the companies "egg lands best" bragged about how much space their free range chickens have. I then after many attempts got the rep to tell me a number which was a whopping 67 sq inches....considering a chickens wingspan that is absolute torture.

A persons taste profile can change after only a few weeks of "new" foods. I used to be all about steak, chicken, pork etc. Now I base my diet around veggies including soy and also some fruit.

On a side note I am going to head towards being a vegetarian instead of vegan most likely. After calling and emailing multiple egg companies and farms etc i finally found a local Iowa farm only a short drive away that truly has free range chickens that have not been de-beaked nor are only given 67 sq inches of space as other free range companies have. The worst part was how one of the companies "egg lands best" bragged about how much space their free range chickens have. I then after many attempts got the rep to tell me a number which was a whopping 67 sq inches....considering a chickens wingspan that is absolute torture.

just buy a freakin' chicken. that is what i would do.

• Fire 2

No sh#t. If you are going to bitch about the conditions, go raise the chickens yourself.

• Fire 1

I plan on doing this one day

you totally should. i think the more self-sufficient a person can be, the better. there is a farm down the hwy from where i live that always has a sign up selling eggs, my household should start purchasing our eggs from them.

you totally should. i think the more self-sufficient a person can be, the better. there is a farm down the hwy from where i live that always has a sign up selling eggs, my household should start purchasing our eggs from them.

You really should. Not only would you support a local farm but you would most likely be eating an egg from a chicken that actually gets to be a chicken and spread its wings.

I will guarantee you that unless you live in a big city somewhere, you can find someone who sells farm fresh eggs off of their acreage. Why don't more people buy those? Gee....they want them cheap too????

More people should buy those. Lets start a revolution!