TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

Can someone please explain to me why it's so morally wrong for a university to back out of a scholarship offer, but it's completely acceptable for a recruit to bail for sometimes no reason?

Would it be better for Kevin to ride the pine for 2 years in a system the coaches don't think will work for him?

Wasn't our offer before he was ruled academically ineligible?

Can someone please explain to me why it's so morally wrong for a university to back out of a scholarship offer, but it's completely acceptable for a recruit to bail for sometimes no reason?

Sometimes it's not, but in this case this is after the Athletic Director said we would honor all existing commitments the previous staff made.

The new staff even contacted Dillman and told him they wanted him at H-back.

So actually, this sums up to not making any sense unless, as others have speculated, it's academic eligibility issues that are forcing this. In which case I hope they continue to work with Riley through a JUCO.

Sometimes it's not, but in this case this is after the Athletic Director said we would honor all existing commitments the previous staff made.

So actually, this sums up to not making any sense unless, as others have speculated, it's academic eligibility issues that are forcing this. In which case I hope they continue to work with Riley through a JUCO.

That's why there's more to this story. Maybe another admissions issue was the 3rd strike.

Or we can believe a 17 year old's social media that goes against everything Coach Riley has preached the past 40 years.

• Fire 1

That's why there's more to this story. Maybe another admissions issue was the 3rd strike.

Or we can believe a 17 year old's social media that goes against everything Coach Riley has preached the past 40 years.

This. I would hedge with history here and say there is much more to the story...

Here's some of the story.

Nate Clouse@NateClouse 46s

#Huskers MT @RivalsJason: #Nebraska and @kevindillman10 part ways @NateClouse & @HuskerOnline w/ the latest http://rvls.co/1z0BulQ

Some of the tough quotes to read were from Dillman's guardian, Peter Danes...

It's all still fresh for us, so I really don't know... I mean, he's been 100 percent committed to Nebraska for the last nine or 10 months.

...and Dillman, himself.

Well, if I could I would love to get an answer why

So, a guy who has been solid to Nebraska for almost a year, gets drop without an explanation. To make matters worse, the coaches decide to drop him during the dead period, so contact for Dillman with Nebraska to understand the situation as well as with other schools to weigh his options are now minimized.

• Fire 2

Something doesn't make sense I thought he heard from the new staff and they said he could play h-back...

(When reached, Dillman explained his situation further and talked about the news that unfolded today.

"I hadn't heard anything from the new coaching staff since they've been in place," Dillman explained. "I know Avery (Anderson) one of the corners and (Christian) Gaylord one of the o-line already had coaches come to their houses. So I just found it a little odd that I hadn't got a text or a call or heard from anyone on Twitter.

"So I asked Coach Walsh to contact them to ask what was going on and Coach Walsh got the news that there was no scholarship for me at Nebraska. They pulled it for whatever reason, I don't know what reason. But that's what they decided.")