TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

The point is nobody knows the entire story, nor will we likely ever. Could be that it is eligibility issues, Could be that he hasn't thrived in his current situation. Could be that the lad and his guardian don't do their homework very well on what hoops they have to jump through. Could be that Riley has looked at his stuff and said, "I can't see him ever playing in my system." Could be Riley looked at the situation and said, "If this class had 25, I might see taking the risk, but not in a small class.' Could be that everyone at UNL is a p$#ck. Could be that he has f#$%ed up and is just whining because the world doesn't revolve around him as it obviously should (boy is that one rampant).

Pretty sure there was talk about him not having much communication with Bo's staff after his ineligibility and other crap. This recruitment has been really odd for a while now and the result should be the least surprising commitment/decommitment of this class.

Was that the case?

If so, then perhaps this scholarship wasn't an existing commitment by the time Riley came in. I wonder if that's the same deal with Lundie...

Boy. I hate to see this. Kevin was definitely one of my favorite commits in the class for his loyalty. Just seemed excited to be a Husker through and through.

Here's the deal...Nebraska could ask him to greyshirt and NOT pull his scholarship. It's been done in the past and could be done again.

It didn't go down that way. They pulled the entire scholarship.

Maybe the Schollie was contingent on him getting some things taken care of and he did nothing. It is odd that he blames the state if TX and UNL for not being able to play football. VERY ODD!

Pretty sure there was talk about him not having much communication with Bo's staff after his ineligibility and other crap. This recruitment has been really odd for a while now and the result should be the least surprising commitment/decommitment of this class.

Yep, even the previous staff was distancing themselves. Theres something going on here thats not being reported. Honestly i'd say its in KDs best interest to let it go as its probably something that could hurt him more than help.

"So I asked Coach Walsh to contact them to ask what was going on and Coach Walsh got the news that there was no scholarship for me at Nebraska. They pulled it for whatever reason, I don't know what reason. But that's what they decided."

Dillman said he was unsure what reasoning Nebraska had given Walsh about their decision to go a different direction.

Here's what makes little to no sense...we've got a quote like the above. Then the author makes an inference that Nebraska had given Walsh a reasoning but Dillman didn't know what it was. Then they go on to say they just want to know why.

Why not ask your coach...since it was obviously inferred above that Walsh had been given a reason, yet Dillman doesn't know what that is.

• Fire 1

This and the Walton issue makes me believe that Riley thinks he has more players he can go get that have a much bigger chance of contributing. The next month of recruiting is going to be really interesting.

If Dillman wants to play Div 1 football, he would benefit from playing at a JC and proving he what he can do against good talent.

Walton issue? Haven't heard any updates since Riley was hired. Elaborate?

This and the Walton issue makes me believe that Riley thinks he has more players he can go get that have a much bigger chance of contributing. The next month of recruiting is going to be really interesting.

If Dillman wants to play Div 1 football, he would benefit from playing at a JC and proving he what he can do against good talent.

Walton issue? Haven't heard any updates since Riley was hired. Elaborate?

Being discussed here.

LINK

Looks like we won't be taking him in January.

Good point on the JC route. Things got weird with Dillman well prior to this week and given that situation, proving yourself at the JUCO level would make the best sense for everyone involved. Would love to see him steered to Iowa Western CC.