TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

Here's the deal...Nebraska could ask him to greyshirt and NOT pull his scholarship. It's been done in the past and could be done again.

It didn't go down that way. They pulled the entire scholarship.

If the issue is academics then Grayshirting is not an option since you have to still enroll.

This and the Walton issue makes me believe that Riley thinks he has more players he can go get that have a much bigger chance of contributing. The next month of recruiting is going to be really interesting.

If Dillman wants to play Div 1 football, he would benefit from playing at a JC and proving he what he can do against good talent.

Good point on the JC route. Things got weird with Dillman well prior to this week and given that situation, proving yourself at the JUCO level would make the best sense for everyone involved. Would love to see him steered to Iowa Western CC.
either the juco route or one of those prep academies for a year

Two problems ..

Kid wasn't that impressive versus JV competition. For someone with his size, speed, age, and supposed skill level - he should have absolutely dominated. He was good, but not great. Red flag.

Dillman has transferred to soooo many schools in the last few years. His transcripts are an absolute train wreck, and there is no guarantee he could get in because of this. Unless you have a kid that is too good to pass up, it's tough to take a chance on a kid like Dillman in a small class.

We don't have the strongest admissions crew in the world either...

*** COUGH COUGH Roburt Sallie COUGH ***

Ouch ......................

So, I wrote a letter to a friend who knows Mr. Osborne asking what their recommendations would be for Kevin to take the next step. Kevin really wants to play for Nebraska and I want to see this kid succeed for us someday down the road.

I would seriously recommend asking about getting him enrolled in Iowa Western Community College for a year. They have a fantastic program there as JUCOs go and it's literally right across the river from NU.

He could go there for a year to get his academics in order, more playing experience, etc. and be well prepared for D1 ball in the future.

So, I wrote a letter to a friend who knows Mr. Osborne asking what their recommendations would be for Kevin to take the next step. Kevin really wants to play for Nebraska and I want to see this kid succeed for us someday down the road.

I would seriously recommend asking about getting him enrolled in Iowa Western Community College for a year. They have a fantastic program there as JUCOs go and it's literally right across the river from NU.

He could go there for a year to get his academics in order, more playing experience, etc. and be well prepared for D1 ball in the future.

Great I'll let him know your suggestion. Also Hedley I'm pretty sure it's his mismatched Swedish to American credit hours.

Great I'll let him know your suggestion. Also Hedley I'm pretty sure it's his mismatched Swedish to American credit hours.

And when he retires he can move to Oakland, NE because, well it's the swedish capital of Nebraska!

swedish-dala-horse.gif

• Fire 1

If money isnt an issue he could attend a prep school and play football basically as a 5th year HS senior. He would also save all of his eligibility that way