CMU W 89-75

UTEP: L 68-52

NICH: W 68-59

OSU: L 70-44

WIS: L 47-41

MICH: L 62-47

MSU: L 66-56

PUR: L 65-56

We may be 9/18 right now, winning only 50% of our games, and winless in B1G play, but, did you know or realize we have only allowed only 3 teams put 70+ on us. One of them was a win on our part, but only two losses came from the opponent scoring 70+ on us. To me, this is impressive and a positive outlook at what Miles can get out of his players. If we had consistant playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, we would have won more games. I am not going to drink the Kool-Aid and say we would be undefeated or only have lost 2-3 games, but we have only lost three games in a blowout fashion (tOSU, Creighton & Oregon). You could throw UTEP or Michigan since they were +14 on us, but the others, we were right there.

I guess, I am just impressed with what we are doing with what we have. Miles and the players deserve a pat on the back, even though we are 9 for 18. Defensively we are pretty good in my opinion.

GBR!

• Fire 1

+1s to both. It's going to be a tough slog for points all year. But you look at how prolific some of the teams we played are with their scoring, then consider that we held Michigan to approximately 20 points below their season average, and the last time I looked (granted probably 2 weeks ago or so now) we had held both Creighton and Oregon to season lows on scoring. We just don't have 1 really natural scorer that can be counted on to get x amount of points, or can be counted to get a bucket at a crucial time in a game. We'll get there, but I think everybody knew (and I was predicting 6 wins in conference before the season and before conference play, so I try to think of myself as pretty optimistic about what this team can achieve, and even I'm included in that everybody) that this would be a difficult year and an uphill climb the whole time. I think those that follow the team at all like what they see and are very optimistic for what Miles can do here. Doesn't make losing some of the opportunities we've had this year any better, but makes it easier to understand and have hope for the future.

SOU: 68.7 PPG, we held them to 55, 13.7 under their average

VALP: 68.9 PPG we held them to 48, 20.9 under their average

NEOM: 68.6 PPG, we held them to 62, 6.6 under their average

TULN: 65.6 PPG, we held them to 57, 8.6 under their average

KENT: 70.5 PPG, we held them to 74, 3.5 over their average

WAKE: 67.6 PPG, we held them to 63, 4.6 under their average

USC: 63.8 PPG, we held them to 51, 12.8 under their average

CREI: 79.8 PPG, we held them to 61, 18.8 under their average

ORE: 76.4 PPG, we held them to 60, 16.4 under their average

JVST: 64.6 PPG, we held them to 55, 9.6 under their average

CMU 67.3 PPG, we held them to 75, 7.7 over their average

UTEP: 63.2 PPG, we held them to 68, 4.8 over their average

NICH: 64.6 PPG, we held them to 59, 5.6 under their average

OSU: 74.6 PPG, we held them to 70, 4.6 under their average

WIS: 70.4 PPG, we held them to 47, 23.4 under their average

MICH: 79.1 PPG, we held them to 62, 17.1 under their average

MSU: 70.9 PPG, we held them to 66, 4.9 under their average

PUR: 66.1 PPG, we held them to 65, 1.1 over their average

We have only allowed 4 teams to score more than their average. Biggest one was CMU, allowing 7.7 points above their average. Not bad at all.

I'm still saying 4-5 conference wins. We still have Iowas and Northwesterns. Plus, I still think we're gonna catch a night of Gallegos on fire and we knock off one of the big boys in the conference. Heck, we even did that the last couple years too.

I predicted a 12 win season. I am still 3 off. Non conference went as figured, with the exception of two games I thought we would have won, and I figured we would have 2-3 conference wins. It will be interested on how it all plays out.

I agree, I think we will end up winning a couple here. 4-5 might be stretching it, but you never know. I just wish Gallegos was consistent lol.

• Fire 1

I don't mean to rain on the parade here cause I'm as big a Miles supporter as there is, but I don't find this that impressive. Doc would have also had very similar results, holding everyone but 3 to under 70 points. He would also be in the neighborhood of 9-9... which is why he got fired. These guys were all recruited to come in and hold teams under 70. We can see some of the Miles effect in the way this team fights and looks to score instead of running clock every possession, but the biggest difference we'll see is in years to come as we watch better players come in and watch players actually develop as they grow in the program.

I don't mean to rain on the parade here cause I'm as big a Miles supporter as there is, but I don't find this that impressive. Doc would have also had very similar results, holding everyone but 3 to under 70 points. He would also be in the neighborhood of 9-9... which is why he got fired. These guys were all recruited to come in and hold teams under 70. We can see some of the Miles effect in the way this team fights and looks to score instead of running clock every possession, but the biggest difference we'll see is in years to come as we watch better players come in and watch players actually develop as they grow in the program.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Doc also have higher caliber players and better athletes? Some of those good players Doc had left when we hired Miles, IIRC.

Your not raining on anyone's parade, but I think your looking at a coach doing the same that our previous coach was doing. Yes, by numbers your right, but doing as much, with less talent and still competing close with big teams, is what I am impressed with.

Doc averaged 61 PPG defensively, while Miles is at 62 PPG. I also believe the competition in the B1G is much tougher this year than last year.

I also see it as impressive that he gets the effort we've seen-up to the first half against Purdue of course-from a group of guys who know they're nothing more than a bridge for Tim Miles for him to cross to more talented personnel. And even knowing so, they have continued to play hard, when they could say "f#*k it, im just gonna show up and get my free education".

Doc's teams usually always played good defense like this year's team. Most of that is because we just never had the players to play up tempo so we always tried to keep the score as low as possible.

As the recruits we have coming in start to play, I expect to play at least a little bit more up tempo and even though they will play good defense, the scores will be higher.

The only difference right now between miles and Doc is miles attitude and recruiting ability.

You really can't compare the two yet. You have to give Miles some time and I will guarantee you, within 2-3 years he will produce MUCH better teams than Doc ever did.

• Fire 1

Doc didn't recruit worth a darn. Almost every recruit was NU vs Texas State or Cal Fullerton. Never beating out other major conference teams for players.

And I really hope this changes. But I'm skeptical. Not about Miles. Just anyone trying to recruit to Nebraska.

There's not a bunch of huge schools on the offer list of the commits we have now. A couple decent ones but I'm not sure how strong each was. I know it's still early and I truly am rooting for Miles.

Here's my issue: there are too many competitive division 1 school of which most are a lot closer to 99.9% of the recruits than we are. Take for example the Chicago area - a huge population center that's relatively close to NU. If there is a good prospect in Chicago, he could choose Illinois, Indiana, Ohio St., Michigan St., Michigan, Minnesota or Wisconsin - all of which have a lot more basketball tradition that the Huskers, are as close or closer to Chicago, and all have been or will be in the Top 25 this year. And that's just our conference - with Purdue not far behind. Then you get into Louisville, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Xavier, Marquette, Cincinnati, DePaul or Creighton. Throw in a few wild cards like Pittsburgh, Butler, Missouri and your at about 20 schools that would be "better" basketball schools than Nebraska and are all closer to home.

I really hope I'm wrong. Maybe a couple good pickups and some good coaching will change momentum but we have a lot to overcome.

:boxosoap Sorry, I'm done now.