Legends division?

BCS1994

That is your opinion. Wisconsin curb stomped this 10 win team. For some it is all about wins and losses. I look at the teams as they are not what I want them to be. We beat a Wisconsin team that was improving and continued to the end. Us not so much. We WON games we should not have due to luck. If you are happy with that good for you. If that is what it takes to make you think we are on our way back fine. I need more solid results to look at. Getting man handled for 500-600 yards is not a good team either, win or lose.

Yeah but wins are all that matter. You could win every game by the skin of your teeth, but if you win who cares? Playing games close is one thing, but playing them close and then pulling out a win is another. Nebraska had a bad game during the B1G championship no doubt. But it was one game, i think you need to look at the whole season.

Have you forgotten Ohio State, UCLA and Georgia running/passing over our #1 ranked pass defense like we were not there?

We may be the pick for the division, but Michigan will be a tough game, they improved, I really can not say we improved through the year. We won games, and that is all that matters during the year. But for future games those games we squeaked through, got the right calls, also motivates the other team. We were not a dominating 10 win team. We got the wins, but we were third best in the conference at best. Michigan being played again might have been a hard pill to swallow.

That is your opinion. Wisconsin curb stomped this 10 win team. For some it is all about wins and losses. I look at the teams as they are not what I want them to be. We beat a Wisconsin team that was improving and continued to the end. Us not so much. We WON games we should not have due to luck. If you are happy with that good for you. If that is what it takes to make you think we are on our way back fine. I need more solid results to look at. Getting man handled for 500-600 yards is not a good team either, win or lose.

Yeah but wins are all that matter. You could win every game by the skin of your teeth, but if you win who cares? Playing games close is one thing, but playing them close and then pulling out a win is another. Nebraska had a bad game during the B1G championship no doubt. But it was one game, i think you need to look at the whole season.

And against OSU and record setting yards given up to UCLA. Wisky wasn't an aberration, it was another game in a theme that is all to familiar under Bo. MNC contending teams do not get curb stomped every year. Until we clean up our fumbles and start to execute at a rudimentary level on a consistent basis, we do not deserve to be the preseason fave.

Wins are great, don't get me wrong. At the end of the day, that is what ultimately defines you. BUT, coaches and fans see the same thing we have seen the past 5 years under Bo. We have issues that need to be fixed if we really ever expect to compete in every single game week in and week out.

Have you forgotten Ohio State, UCLA and Georgia running/passing over our #1 ranked pass defense like we were not there?

We may be the pick for the division, but Michigan will be a tough game, they improved, I really can not say we improved through the year. We won games, and that is all that matters during the year. But for future games those games we squeaked through, got the right calls, also motivates the other team. We were not a dominating 10 win team. We got the wins, but we were third best in the conference at best. Michigan being played again might have been a hard pill to swallow.

That game will be close. Being @Michigan will be tough, they will bring up that Hoke has not lost a game at home during his career at Michigan.

You always say "I call it as i see it." "I live in reality" etc etc.

THEN you say "we only won because of luck".

If you're so black and white on "calling it as it is" then you'll call our wins WINS.

if we woulda come back on one or two teams, I might agree w you. We did it time and time again. It's not luck. It's the game. And it's why you play the game. Til the end.

Mich will be good, NW feisty. But overall, we should win our division, and could just as well win the whole thing.

• Fire 1

I'm going to say that next year, it'll have to be us, with the more experienced team and softer schedule.

Now if Michigan has a ridiculous recruiting class and everyone on that team plays out of their minds, then that could change.

I only see Northwestern being a stumbling block for either team. They might beat us or Michigan, but not both...

I agree with that. I think if the young kids play like they are supposed to we could be alright. But year after year we have heard that this is the best defense Bo has had in pre season. I am not buying in until I see it on the field.

As stated wins are wins and that is all that matters. But claiming we are on the same level with some other teams is questionable at the least. I hope we win every game, the D throws shut outs. But past history does not indicate that will be what happens. Until it does, it is just wishful thinking, or in other words being a fan.

There are a lot of teams with a lot back next year. We have a good offense coming back. What the defense is most likely will not be known until UCLA shows up. I think we could win all the games, other than Ohio State. But it is hanging on a bunch of redshirt freshmen. That normally is not a strong suit.

I'm going to say that next year, it'll have to be us, with the more experienced team and softer schedule.

Now if Michigan has a ridiculous recruiting class and everyone on that team plays out of their minds, then that could change.

I only see Northwestern being a stumbling block for either team. They might beat us or Michigan, but not both...

I think you're cutting Michigan a bit short. I think they'll be a much improved team next year on both sides of the ball. Other than us and OSU, where is the conference game that Michigan will be the underdog? As of today, I'd give the edge to Michigan @home over NU. I agree that I think NW is a notch below both UM and NU.

Despite our easier schedule, I forsee the same record (perhaps a game worse) as last year. On D, I think what we percieve to potentially gain in talent gets offset with lack of experience. The O was pretty good last year. Can it really get THAT much better? I'll buy it if Taylor can make the same leap made from his soph to junior season.

Considering Bo's track record (not a knock, just basing on past performance) I'm unsure how we do better than a 10-2 regular season. If that means only one conference loss (prob Michigan) we have a pretty good shot at the division. I think a loss to Michigan and one other, in conference, ends our division championship hopes.

The Leader's division is going to be a close race all the way to the end, like the past two years.

Michigan- With D Rob gone, I see Michigan only getting better. They will now have an offense under Gardner and how he operates. I think he did extremely well for how the formed the offense was for Robinson, and getting them to adjust to the QB change. With the Pro-Style, it fits Gardner like a glove. Defensively, I think they will be good. Not as good as last year, but they will have enough on offense to do damage, in my opinion.

Northwestern- Like every other year with Colter under center, they will be in the race and a complete wildcard. They have a tough schedule, and its going to be hard for them to go undefeated, but if Michigan or Nebraska gets a loss or two, its anyone's game. Don't count them out until its too far out of reach.

Nebraska- We have an easier schedule than last year. As long as we can beat UCLA (I know its a non conference game), it will set the correct tone for the rest of the year. Beating them I think it will give us the edge we need. We beat Michigan and/or Northwestern, it could be ours to lose.

I think our division is the most difficult to judge, at least for now.

....you should prolly take your own advice :) there was more than one game. 4 actually. And there were a few last year. It's starting to become a trend...

They can get the young guys out there all they want, but the system needs to be adapted to let them fly around and make the plays. We may have to let their athleticism make up for any shortfalls in scheming. We will have some veteran guys in the secondary though, so I dont expect a total vanilla of the defense.

The scheme is primarily an issue for the team against hurry up offenses - which it seems nearly everyone we play is starting to transition to. Couple that with the mobile QB, and we're screwed. Bo needs to spend some time adjusting his scheme to avoid the pitfalls that Stafford and he had. The defense gets turned in circles and lost w/out being able to look to the sidelines for 15 seconds.

Who will take the Legends division and go to the B1G championship?? I see it being a 3 team race. Northwestern, Michigan, and Nebraska. Northwestern returns almost their whole team, and they were good this year and i think they will just get better. Michigan is supposed to be better but they are Michigan so they may just flake again and suck like they always do. Nebraska has a lot returning on offense and the defense is SUPPOSEDLY better.

The Leaders division is pretty much a given that Ohio State will win.

How do you know this exactly? I thought there were 4 other teams that were eligible to win... I laugh every time I hear that its pretty much a guarantee they are going to win. If you expect Miller to be completely healthy, then sure, they will win it, but I don't expect or even think he will make it halfway through the conference.

They have to play Cal at home, then open the conference play against Wisconsin followed by Northwestern, Iowa, Penn State, and ending with Michigan.

Cal, Northwestern, Penn State and Michigan could be potential losses. While Iowa and Wisconsin are unknown, I wouldn't count them as a guarantee victory. Iowa has always had a good rush defense, same with Wisconsin. Each of those teams, plus the ones I mentioned above, have a very good chance of putting Miller out for the season. Not maliciously, but due to how reckless and careless Meyer is with his QB's. I would be highly surprised if he lasts all season.

If they are to lose to Northwestern, Michigan and Penn State, which are all high possibilities, then that division is open for grabs as well. Everyone acts like they have a good defense. They have "high caliber" players, but they can't tackle in open space. I don't expect that to change either with most of their defense are seniors and them being very young this coming up season.

Who will take the Legends division and go to the B1G championship?? I see it being a 3 team race. Northwestern, Michigan, and Nebraska. Northwestern returns almost their whole team, and they were good this year and i think they will just get better. Michigan is supposed to be better but they are Michigan so they may just flake again and suck like they always do. Nebraska has a lot returning on offense and the defense is SUPPOSEDLY better.

The Leaders division is pretty much a given that Ohio State will win.

How do you know this exactly? I thought there were 4 other teams that were eligible to win... I laugh every time I hear that its pretty much a guarantee they are going to win. If you expect Miller to be completely healthy, then sure, they will win it, but I don't expect or even think he will make it halfway through the conference.

They have to play Cal at home, then open the conference play against Wisconsin followed by Northwestern, Iowa, Penn State, and ending with Michigan.

Cal, Northwestern, Penn State and Michigan could be potential losses. While Iowa and Wisconsin are unknown, I wouldn't count them as a guarantee victory. Iowa has always had a good rush defense, same with Wisconsin. Each of those teams, plus the ones I mentioned above, have a very good chance of putting Miller out for the season. Not maliciously, but due to how reckless and careless Meyer is with his QB's. I would be highly surprised if he lasts all season.

Ohio St. might end up with 1-2 conference losses, but that will probably still be enough too win the Leaders.... The Legends Division is the class of the B1G, depth-wise....

Ohio St. might end up with 1-2 conference losses, but that will probably still be enough too win the Leaders.... The Legends Division is the class of the B1G, depth-wise....

Could be more as well. You never know until the season is over. If Miller gets knocked out early, every game could be a loss. That offense revolves around Miller way too much. No other play makers in the backfield. Michigan knows all to well about relying on that one certain player and having it all fall down (Lincoln last year). They were fortunate enough to have a talented Gardner to excel.