Nebraska regrets leaving Big 12?

After bowl season I don't see why everybody is still on the "Big 10 is pathetic" thing. Purdue was the only team that really got blown out. Everyone else either won or was in the game until the end. The Big 12 had a much worse showing than that.

Exactly, kstate and Oklahoma were the big 2 out of the big 12 and they both got embarrassed, we hung with a very good Georgia team, Wisconsin played toe to toe with Stanford. Th BIG is a better conference from top to bottom, and dont be surprised if we have a team in the MNC next yr

I concur Ohio St will be making the national championship game and hopefully they don't get blown out.

Or Ohio State falls on their face and goes 8-5 like USC since they were supposed to rock the world this year.

After bowl season I don't see why everybody is still on the "Big 10 is pathetic" thing. Purdue was the only team that really got blown out. Everyone else either won or was in the game until the end. The Big 12 had a much worse showing than that.

Exactly, kstate and Oklahoma were the big 2 out of the big 12 and they both got embarrassed, we hung with a very good Georgia team, Wisconsin played toe to toe with Stanford. Th BIG is a better conference from top to bottom, and dont be surprised if we have a team in the MNC next yr

I concur Ohio St will be making the national championship game and hopefully they don't get blown out.

Or Ohio State falls on their face and goes 8-5 like USC since they were supposed to rock the world this year.

Yeah but Urban Meyer is not Lane Kiffin.

Oklahoma and Kansas State would likely have beaten Nebraska this year, and given both were better than Wisconsin, they could have been blowouts.

Texas is in a down cycle, but they were down even lower when they beat us in 2010.

We would have had our hands full with Oklahoma State, Iowa State and West Virginia, all well-equipped to shred our defense.

Baylor would have beat us. They were Northwestern Plus this year.

Texas Tech and TCU were better than Iowa, and that game was close enough as it is.

Kansas was the only gimme in the bunch.

Face it. Football wise, we were lucky to be in the Big 10 the past two years. The notion that we'd recruited and coached to a Big 12 style of football is happy horsesh#t. Everything that would have been an advantage in the Big 12 should have given us a bigger advantage in the Big 10. And maybe it did. Our highly flawed team still managed to win its division.

Everything else-wise, the move to the Big 10 was so adventageous strictly in terms of academics and research money that it would have been criminal to turn the offer down.

Oklahoma would've sh#t their pants against NEB's offense. I call bullsh#t. The one thing that we both agree on is that the BIG12 was more balanced than the BIG10 with more quality opponents. Oklahomo isn't good that good. They had their "good" game against Texas and that is all.

Yeah but Urban Meyer is not Lane Kiffin.

I wouldnt know the difference.

I think the Big 10 has earned the poor national reputation it has gotten. Look at what it's done over the last several years. For starters, there hasn't been a title in the Big 10 since Ohio State in the early 2000's, haven't had a winning conference bowl record since 2009, Ohio State lost the title game to LSU in 2007, Michigan got rocked by Alabama to start the season, Nebraska has lost to two SEC teams in unflattering fashion, Wisconsin has lost back-to-back Rose Bowls, and the list goes on.

People complain about how much pub and recognition the SEC gets, but they've earned it. Just as, I believe, the Big 10 has earned the reputation it's gotten. We have a lot of "well this kind-of helped our case" things, like when Michigan played South Carolina close. But still, we don't exactly project greatness in the Big 10.

I think the Big 10 has earned the poor national reputation it has gotten. Look at what it's done over the last several years. For starters, there hasn't been a title in the Big 10 since Ohio State in the early 2000's, haven't had a winning conference bowl record since 2009, Ohio State lost the title game to LSU in 2007, Michigan got rocked by Alabama to start the season, Nebraska has lost to two SEC teams in unflattering fashion, Wisconsin has lost back-to-back Rose Bowls, and the list goes on.

People complain about how much pub and recognition the SEC gets, but they've earned it. Just as, I believe, the Big 10 has earned the reputation it's gotten. We have a lot of "well this kind-of helped our case" things, like when Michigan played South Carolina close. But still, we don't exactly project greatness in the Big 10.

Thats on the money...

I think though, the B1G can get back to being a force, but it's going to take a couple years, and it'll will be better for college football as a whole. I think that "the powers that be" would like to have 4 dominant conferences (SEC, PAC-12, B1G, and Big XII or ACC, so that when it expands the playoff system, they can have a better formula...

Thats on the money...

I think though, the B1G can get back to being a force, but it's going to take a couple years, and it'll will be better for college football as a whole. I think that "the powers that be" would like to have 4 dominant conferences (SEC, PAC-12, B1G, and Big XII or ACC, so that when it expands the playoff system, they can have a better formula...

I agree with that. I believe we'll ultimately be in superconference mode, and the B1G appears to be spearheading that movement. I also agree that it will take awhile for the B1G to be a force. I'm a firm believer in athletics being cyclical. The SEC just has a good collection of coaching and talent right now, but it won't always be like that.

Furthermore, I think if Nebraska had had any semblance of a consistent, good defense this last year, we would have been BCS and even possible title contenders. Even a defense like our '10 defense, which wasn't as good as '09, but still respectable, would have made us a force. We're just having problems fitting all the right pieces together at the right time.

Thats on the money...

I agree with that. I believe we'll ultimately be in superconference mode, and the B1G appears to be spearheading that movement. I also agree that it will take awhile for the B1G to be a force. I'm a firm believer in athletics being cyclical. The SEC just has a good collection of coaching and talent right now, but it won't always be like that.

Furthermore, I think if Nebraska had had any semblance of a consistent, good defense this last year, we would have been BCS and even possible title contenders. Even a defense like our '10 defense, which wasn't as good as '09, but still respectable, would have made us a force. We're just having problems fitting all the right pieces together at the right time.

Do you think coaches are using how dominant the SEC is as a recruiting tool possibly? Telling them things like 'How would you like to be on the team that takes down the mighty SEC' etc. Not sure if this is happening but it was a thought i had.

Do you think coaches are using how dominant the SEC is as a recruiting tool possibly? Telling them things like 'How would you like to be on the team that takes down the mighty SEC' etc. Not sure if this is happening but it was a thought i had.

Absolutely. They'd be silly not to.

Think about the clout the SEC has right now. They've had multiple national title winners in the past decade, not to mention having at least a couple schools in the BCS Bowls almost every year, it's tough to discount what they've got to sell recruits...

Think about the clout the SEC has right now. They've had multiple national title winners in the past decade, not to mention having at least a couple schools in the BCS Bowls almost every year, it's tough to discount what they've got to sell recruits...

I was looking at from a school not in the SEC. Selling recruits on the chance to be on the team to take down the SEC. But yes i definitely agree with what you're saying.

I was looking at from a school not in the SEC. Selling recruits on the chance to be on the team to take down the SEC. But yes i definitely agree with what you're saying.

Sorry, I'm at work, and the coffee hasn't kicked in...

As far as selling the a kid on what the B1G, or even PAC-12/Big XII/ACC has to offer, is tough. Because the SEC is in such a position of power right now, you may have to readjust fire on your recruiting strategies to either, get the kids that the SEC doesn't want, may have missed, or the recruit may not like the SEC for whatever reason. It puts the coaches in the B1G and other conferences behind the proverbial 8 ball, because they're at a bit of a disadvantage from the start...