North Korea?

Here is a question that just came to me?

Do you think the US has deployed anti missile defense on islands between here and NK?

Pretty stupid if they haven't.

I'd be surprised at this point.

Absolutely nothing to gain from lobbing a nuke at the US (whenever they actually acquire the capability) and quite literally everything to lose.

Here is a question that just came to me?

Do you think the US has deployed anti missile defense on islands between here and NK?

Pretty stupid if they haven't.

I'd be surprised at this point.

Absolutely nothing to gain from lobbing a nuke at the US (whenever they actually acquire the capability) and quite literally everything to lose.

I would like to think that we already had/have missile defense in that area, regardless of the most recent NK saber rattling.

They may have nothing to gain and everything to lose but, I have no confidence whatsoever any of that means squat to the lunatic in NK. If we're planning on that guy and that rogue state to act rationally, we may be severely caught off guard at some point.

They may have nothing to gain and everything to lose but, I have no confidence whatsoever any of that means squat to the lunatic in NK. If we're planning on that guy and that rogue state to act rationally, we may be severely caught off guard at some point.

I'd argue quite the opposite. The rulers of NK are far from insane. They benefit from the world thinking that . . . but their longevity would hint that they're far from mentally unstable.

Their primary concern is maintaining control. Hard to do that when everyone (including the ruler) is dead.

I'd argue quite the opposite. The rulers of NK are far from insane. They benefit from the world thinking that . . . but their longevity would hint that they're far from mentally unstable.

Their primary concern is maintaining control. Hard to do that when everyone (including the ruler) is dead.

You may be right but, considering what we spend on defense, I would offer that better safe than sorry, for a relatively miniscule amount of expenditure, would be the way to go. I don't think a little bit of missile defense for the west coast is going to even register a blip on the big picture of our defense spending.

You may be right but, considering what we spend on defense, I would offer that better safe than sorry, for a relatively miniscule amount of expenditure, would be the way to go. I don't think a little bit of missile defense for the west coast is going to even register a blip on the big picture of our defense spending.

Park a couple Aegis cruisers off the coast.

• 3 weeks later...

North Korea talks a silly amount of sh#t, but one day we'll get fed up with it. I highly doubt they follow through with it for a couple reasons.

1) That would be committing suicide for their entire country. They'd be gone.

2) We really don't have to worry about China anymore, since they have actually taken our side on this issue. A nuclear Asia is just as bad for China.

3) They always talk and never follow it up *against us at least*