Braylon Heard Transferring...

I always thought Heard would have been a better DB than a RB. I think he can be a starter at a really low profile D1 school or the D2 schools, but I never thought he was more than a number 2 or 3 guy at the big time places. If he wants to play pro, he needs to play D.

While I do think his pro potential is better at DB than RB, he is a number 1 RB at a big name school. Guy was an elite running back. Vision was spectacular with great burst. If AG ran North/south like Heard, he'd win a heisman.

5'10" and a buck 80 with straight ahead speed ain't good enough. He lacks a bit on cutting and picking up yards after contact.

Are you freaking kidding me? Heard will be a stud no matter who he plays for. IMO, he was better than Ameer but had hamstring issues last year.

I remember anther running back that ran like you said Heard ran. Does Eric Dickerson ring a bell? Arguably the best rb of all time. At least top 3.

Totally agree. Any poster that thinks Heard was just a fair runner has no idea what a great running back looks like. Obviously, NebraskaHarry and OregonHusker are too young to know what an actual running back looks like, not a converted CB turned running back. Let me refresh you guys, the great ones run laterally with shoulders square to the line, with no drop off in speed. Go back and look at the film on Heard again, Eric Dickerson is a good comparison.

I fail to see where "I fail to see what an actual" running back looks like...

I was the one who told NebraskaHarry Braylon is 1st team RB quality...

Wow this sucks big time.

Really liked the way Braylon ran. Always thought he should get more opportunities. He was our most natural runner on the team and the one with the best vision.

I know we have capable replacements in Taylor and Newby but I hoped Heard would have a big impact next season. The kid really worked hard to get here.

Wish him the best.

I was really impressed with him because of what he did to get here. Didnt qualify at first, but worked hard til he did.

He is a good running back and DB , and he will help another team wherever he goes. I dont like to see players leave who could have helped this team win games, but fortunately we have some really good players at that postion and we'll be fine. I wish him luck in becoming the next Eric Dickerson. LOL !

Let's see Bama has used dual back for several years and won 3 MNC's in 4 years. Wisky uses tandem backs as does UGA. If we recruit multiple kids, we need to start using multiple kids. That, IMO, would alleviate kids going else where. This staff fails to try and give more than the #1 guy a shot at playing time until the #1 guy gets hurt.........

I admire Heard for working so hard to get here, switching to DB and back and THEN playing last year even though initial reports were he was done for the season with injury, but still played IIRC. Best of luck to him.

Let's see Bama has used dual back for several years and won 3 MNC's in 4 years. Wisky uses tandem backs as does UGA. If we recruit multiple kids, we need to start using multiple kids. That, IMO, would alleviate kids going else where. This staff fails to try and give more than the #1 guy a shot at playing time until the #1 guy gets hurt.........

I admire Heard for working so hard to get here, switching to DB and back and THEN playing last year even though initial reports were he was done for the season with injury, but still played IIRC. Best of luck to him.

We do, and we have the entire Bo era.... This past season we used 4 different RB's about as well as you can use four guys.... Rarely (if ever) do teams split the carries between 3+ backs evenly, and that is why Heard missed on some carries. When you have backs like Rex, and Ameer where do you use a Heard? It is hard too take talent like that (Rex/Ameer) off of the field! This was going too be his year, so if he is leaving for playing time, then it just doesn't make sense.... We are deep at the position, and I've seen some people on Twitter (Sipple and Harvey) point out that they think Newby might have been the backup anyways....Good luck too him, and GBR!

Odd how all these Cardinal Mooney guys are bailing once Marrow leaves. I have a feeling Love will follow suit

How could you possibly come too that conclusion? A few guys went too the same High School, so they choose all of the same paths in life? I wonder what else they do together? I bet Marlowe is looking into his eligibility status, maybe he can go play somewhere else too!

We do, and we have the entire Bo era.... This past season we used 4 different RB's about as well as you can use four guys.... Rarely (if ever) do teams split the carries between 3+ backs evenly, and that is why Heard missed on some carries. When you have backs like Rex, and Ameer where do you use a Heard? It is hard too take talent like that (Rex/Ameer) off of the field! This was going too be his year, so if he is leaving for playing time, then it just doesn't make sense.... We are deep at the position, and I've seen some people on Twitter (Sipple and Harvey) point out that they think Newby might have been the backup anyways....Good luck too him, and GBR!

You call what we did splitting carries? 20+ for Abdullah and a few scraps for the other two isn't splitting carries

• Fire 1

You call what we did splitting carries? 20+ for Abdullah and a few scraps for the other two isn't splitting carries

Abdullah--- 226 carries

Burkhead--- 98

Cross ---- 55

Heard -----52

And don't forget, we have a talented running QB

Martinez --- 195 carries

So, yes, that is pretty good balance when splitting carries between 5 players like we did. 5 players over 50 carries? That is splitting carries!!

You can't have four #1 running backs..... Your best back gets the most carries, and with Burkhead out, Ameer was out best option....

• Fire 1

I would feel better seeing Heard transfer to Kentucky rather than Ohio St. just to play closer to home.

We shouldn't be surprised that this caught Pelini and the coaching staff off guard, most of their attention has been directed towards recruiting, as has ours. So to be blindsided with a curveball that a potentially 2nd string back is transferring, it shocks pretty much all of us.

I would feel better seeing Heard transfer to Kentucky rather than Ohio St. just to play closer to home.

We shouldn't be surprised that this caught Pelini and the coaching staff off guard, most of their attention has been directed towards recruiting, as has ours. So to be blindsided with a curveball that a potentially 2nd string back is transferring, it shocks pretty much all of us.

So our staff lacks the ability to keep 4 star talent on campus and is so terrible at roster management they wanted to move our 2nd string RB to WR after moving him from CB? The kid should leave as the staff is wasting his college career

• Fire 1

Abdullah--- 226 carries

Burkhead--- 98

Cross ---- 55

Heard -----52

And don't forget, we have a talented running QB

Martinez --- 195 carries

So, yes, that is pretty good balance when splitting carries between 5 players like we did. 5 players over 50 carries? That is splitting carries!!

You can't have four #1 running backs..... Your best back gets the most carries, and with Burkhead out, Ameer was out best option....

Ameer got so many carries due to Rex being hurt. Take him out of the equation for practically all the season. When your 2nd string RB has the best YPC he might need to have the ball a few more times then 5 at best a game

• Fire 1