Braylon Heard Transferring...

Let's see Bama has used dual back for several years and won 3 MNC's in 4 years. Wisky uses tandem backs as does UGA. If we recruit multiple kids, we need to start using multiple kids. That, IMO, would alleviate kids going else where. This staff fails to try and give more than the #1 guy a shot at playing time until the #1 guy gets hurt.........

I admire Heard for working so hard to get here, switching to DB and back and THEN playing last year even though initial reports were he was done for the season with injury, but still played IIRC. Best of luck to him.

We do, and we have the entire Bo era.... This past season we used 4 different RB's about as well as you can use four guys.... Rarely (if ever) do teams split the carries between 3+ backs evenly, and that is why Heard missed on some carries. When you have backs like Rex, and Ameer where do you use a Heard? It is hard too take talent like that (Rex/Ameer) off of the field! This was going too be his year, so if he is leaving for playing time, then it just doesn't make sense.... We are deep at the position, and I've seen some people on Twitter (Sipple and Harvey) point out that they think Newby might have been the backup anyways....Good luck too him, and GBR!

You call what we did splitting carries? 20+ for Abdullah and a few scraps for the other two isn't splitting carries

Abdullah--- 226 carries

Burkhead--- 98

Cross ---- 55

Heard -----52

And don't forget, we have a talented running QB

Martinez --- 195 carries

So, yes, that is pretty good balance when splitting carries between 5 players like we did. 5 players over 50 carries? That is splitting carries!!

You can't have four #1 running backs..... Your best back gets the most carries, and with Burkhead out, Ameer was out best option....

Ameer got so many carries due to Rex being hurt. Take him out of the equation for practically all the season. When your 2nd string RB has the best YPC he might need to have the ball a few more times then 5 at best a game

Do you think the time of the game that Heard came in for his carries had something to do with his YPC? Come on Hedley, you are smarter than this right?

Rivals is reporting or someone on a Rivals board is speculating?

Exactly. That's pretty detrimental to the discussion of it's the latter.

There does seem to have been some mismanagement of playing time. And that's what really gets me regarding Braylon. I realize he had the minor groin (or was it hamstring) issue. Maybe that had more to do with his playing time than I realize.

Rivals is reporting or someone on a Rivals board is speculating?

Exactly. That's pretty detrimental to the discussion of it's the latter.

There does seem to have been some mismanagement of playing time. And that's what really gets me regarding Braylon. I realize he had the minor groin (or was it hamstring) issue. Maybe that had more to do with his playing time than I realize.

This is pure speculation on my part, but maybe he doesn't have the playbook down? Couple that with a groin injury (which seem like they never heal) and you get diminished carries.

This seems really odd to me.

This is pure speculation on my part, but maybe he doesn't have the playbook down? Couple that with a groin injury (which seem like they never heal) and you get diminished carries.

This seems really odd to me.

I know, it's impossible to say.

There's never been any indication that Braylon hasn't worked his a$$ off. Losing him would be tough. I hope there's some kind of chance he stays, there's no doubt at all that he's extremely valuable, regardless of any raw talent coming in.

That stinks. Never liked the way he ran. Good straight ahead speed with little lateral movement and poor pad level. We will be fine at running back. He was about to get lost on the depth chart and doesn't want to play defense. Wish him the best luck.

Disagree. When Heard actually got carries, he often looked like the most naturally gifted runner on the team.