Braylon Heard Transferring...

I always thought Heard would have been a better DB than a RB. I think he can be a starter at a really low profile D1 school or the D2 schools, but I never thought he was more than a number 2 or 3 guy at the big time places. If he wants to play pro, he needs to play D.

He averaged like 7 ypc...if I'm not mistaken

• Fire 1

Doubt this changes much of the RB picture next year. Still think one of Newby/AT redshirt.

And I believe I've stated that I think either of them could push Ameer once on campus. I think Ameer will stay as the starter until he graduates, but I think that Newby/Taylor will probably deserve to start when he is a senior - maybe both ahead of him.

No knock on Ameer, yeah he has fumble issues, but it takes at least some skill to rush for 1,000 yards. Didn't see nearly as much drop off as most thought without Burkhead.

Sucks to see Heard go, as he was fun to watch while on the field, but for whatever reason coaches didn't put him on it enough. Probably best for his future, though. Probably saw another AG/Ameer/Braylon monster with Terrell/Adam/Himself/Cross/Ameer.

• Fire 1

I always thought Heard would have been a better DB than a RB. I think he can be a starter at a really low profile D1 school or the D2 schools, but I never thought he was more than a number 2 or 3 guy at the big time places. If he wants to play pro, he needs to play D.

While I do think his pro potential is better at DB than RB, he is a number 1 RB at a big name school. Guy was an elite running back. Vision was spectacular with great burst. If AG ran North/south like Heard, he'd win a heisman.

While I do think his pro potential is better at DB than RB, he is a number 1 RB at a big name school. Guy was an elite running back. Vision was spectacular with great burst. If AG ran North/south like Heard, he'd win a heisman.

5'10" and a buck 80 with straight ahead speed ain't good enough. He lacks a bit on cutting and picking up yards after contact.