Zaire Anderson updates

knapplc

The players and coaches will be in awe of Zaire from here on out because the guy was "balling out" with a torn acl (he didnt know). A fully healthy Zaire with an understanding of the D is limitless.

Your right, he was balling out. I think they were amazed before that game, IIRC. I was highly impressed with his speed in the Arkansas State game. I am just pleased and happy for him that he got that extra year of eligibility.

A lot of people forget about Zaire. He was the #1 JUCO LB. He is going to be a stud. We basically bought a free year with the playbook and 2-3 games experience. I can't wait to see him at full-health next season.

Am I right that he was a 3 for 3 guy? I am having a hard time remembering. If so he will still have 3 more years then?

The players and coaches will be in awe of Zaire from here on out because the guy was "balling out" with a torn acl (he didnt know). A fully healthy Zaire with an understanding of the D is limitless.

Your right, he was balling out. I think they were amazed before that game, IIRC. I was highly impressed with his speed in the Arkansas State game. I am just pleased and happy for him that he got that extra year of eligibility.

A lot of people forget about Zaire. He was the #1 JUCO LB. He is going to be a stud. We basically bought a free year with the playbook and 2-3 games experience. I can't wait to see him at full-health next season.

Am I right that he was a 3 for 3 guy? I am having a hard time remembering. If so he will still have 3 more years then?

Once he gets a hang of everything, you can pencil him as the starter.

I will go ahead and pencil him in now. He is going to have as good of knowledge of the playbook as anyone in the LB corp and only second in experience to Santos. I think he is better than Santos, too.

I still think Santos is going to make that push this offseason and will solidify a spot as well. He's just as talented but I think he started off a little tentative and that was difference between the ball carrier being stopped at the line of scrimmage as opposed to TFL. When I saw that play he made against Colter, I knew he could be a star. Also, if you rewatch the Georgia game, he played well and ran down their rbs.

Great news. This will be the year where we don't have a true senior/star LB (08 cody glenn, 09 phillip dillard, '10-'11 it was lavonte, '12 will compton). The star this year will either be santos or Zaire. It's gonna be interesting who steps up

A but to your comment. We were saying this before 2010 too and Lavonted turned out to be that guy pretty quickly. Hopefully Zaire will fill that role.

Great news. This will be the year where we don't have a true senior/star LB (08 cody glenn, 09 phillip dillard, '10-'11 it was lavonte, '12 will compton). The star this year will either be santos or Zaire. It's gonna be interesting who steps up

A but to your comment. We were saying this before 2010 too and Lavonted turned out to be that guy pretty quickly. Hopefully Zaire will fill that role.

I think he will...Zaire will be a beast out there.

What he showed against Arkansas St was incredible. His pursuit speed was every bit of LaVonte's. Then 2 days later we found he was playing with a torn knee. I've been excited to see more ever since.

• Fire 2

What he showed against Arkansas St was incredible. His pursuit speed was every bit of LaVonte's. Then 2 days later we found he was playing with a torn knee. I've been excited to see more ever since.

Same here. His play tells me something....that he may be a monster LB on the field. I sure hope so.

Fixed your 666 problem immediately lol

This is the part that really amazes me. I'm not a collegiate athlete who is used to playing with pain/playing at a high level, but I can't imagine doing anything, yet alone blowing guys up with a torn, major ligament. Gonna be crazy to think what he's gonna do when he's not "Little Moe with the gimpy leg"