Anderson

Newby/Love/Banderas

MLB

Santos

Rose

LOLB

Brown

Afalava

^That would be my preference for the LB 2-deep come fall. That's some serious speed. With that as a 2-deep, there likely wouldn't be any Slot-backs burning the LB's on slants and crosses like UCLA loved to exploit with franklin on Compton and whaley.

ROLB

Anderson

Newby/Love/

MLB

Santos

Rose

LOLB

Brown

Afalava

^That would be my preference for the LB 2-deep come fall. That's some serious speed. With that as a 2-deep, there likely wouldn't be any Slot-backs burning the LB's on slants and crosses like UCLA loved to exploit with franklin on Compton and whaley.

Not bad. Speed would definitely be killer but it is a young and inexperienced group. Lets just hope they can limit mistakes.

I have a good feeling about the LB corp. I don't see them as THAT inexperienced. It reminds me of the 2010 group. That year's depth chart was even scarier. It consisted of Sophomores Whaley, Compton, and Fisher. They weren't THAT experienced. Santos got more run than they did as Freshmen. I feel good about the athletes we have. Zaire is basically Lavonte 2.0. #1 JUCO LB + a year with the playbook + 2-3 games of experience.

I have faith they are hitting the film and playbook HARD! We got embarrassed and don't want that on their backs.

If we decide to implement some 3-4 then I can see these Lb's really getting utilized. It would be amazing if we can sub and mix the LBs so we could confuse the offense. All of them have pass rushing ability and you could disguise blitzes with all that speed. I would take some of Satan's "exotic" packages and reak havoc with all that speed.

also, my money is on afalava being a terror much in the same way Thomas Brown is being raved about. Afalava's high school film reminds me of terrell farley and demorrio williams. He's a heat-seeking missile out there.

Nebraska did not have the benefit of seeing Afalava at his best. He had lost some weight when he got there and it took time to get his feet wet. A year of conditioning and comfort will do wonders. He looked to be the best LB prospect last year. What a terrific problem we have.

also, my money is on afalava being a terror much in the same way Thomas Brown is being raved about. Afalava's high school film reminds me of terrell farley and demorrio williams. He's a heat-seeking missile out there.

Nebraska did not have the benefit of seeing Afalava at his best. He had lost some weight when he got there and it took time to get his feet wet. A year of conditioning and comfort will do wonders. He looked to be the best LB prospect last year. What a terrific problem we have.

Its going to be interesting, and probably the most interesting position battle during spring. Makes me wonder how much we will see formation changes and how much we will go 3/3/5, 4/3 and this 3/4 that we sold Gregory on. I don't believe we will be a base 3/4, but I think we will see a great mixture of defenses on the field. It will be nice if we do, because it will be harder for offenses to come up with a game plan.

Its going to be interesting, and probably the most interesting position battle during spring. Makes me wonder how much we will see formation changes and how much we will go 3/3/5, 4/3 and this 3/4 that we sold Gregory on. I don't believe we will be a base 3/4, but I think we will see a great mixture of defenses on the field. It will be nice if we do, because it will be harder for offenses to come up with a game plan.

Oh God, not the 3-3-5. The 3-3-5 gives me nightmares of 2007.