Zaire Anderson updates

knapplc

I didn't follow Afalava much, but by all accounts, he is a stud.

I feel like Zaire's 2-3 games of experience is a blessing. Santos and him saw live action, while everyone has been learning the defense together for the same amount of time.

We are going to be extremely talented at LB. I am very optomistic, and I think the learning curve will be very quick, hopefully UCLA quick.

Have any players raved about the scout team defense last year!? I believe some players have before. Anytime players rave about other players....that's usually a good sign, ie Kenny Bell on scout team. Thomas Brown is getting all they hype....and he may live up to it. I'm pumped to see what the LB core brings.

I've heard through that Vincent Valentine gets on these mean streaks and it's lights out. Of all guys the redshirted, it's supposedly obvious that he shouldve been the one that was burned and actually wouldve been a difference maker.

Heard the very same thing...

Dynamite drop in Monty.......that broadcasting school has really paid off!

Obviously bisonwiches's thinkin.......................I dont know what the hell he's thinkin.

I was just saying I've heard he's got a mean streak. We definantly could have used someone other then martin with a mean streak last year

Fully expect Rose to start at MLB this season. Also think Love will contribute. We are so talented, athletic, and above all; AMAZING combination of size and speed at LB that it's stupid. My fear is that we are very inexperienced. Santos is the only one with snaps under his belt. We did however have these guys going against probably the most explosive offense in the BIG every day in practice though.

It's crazy to think how many young athletes we will have at LB. Someone will get left out of some playing time. So in your opinion, who else joins Rose as starters at LB next year? Zaire at Will?

Zaire and Thomas Brown. Afalava will play and he will play a ton. I have high expectations for Jared.

Thanks for the input! So Ziare at Will, Rose at Mike and Brown at Sam? Where will Afalava play - Sam maybe? Also, does this mean Santos gets less time?

Ahhh! It's sounds like we have so many bright prospects!

Here are the things that I heard about the scout team defense:

First of all, I was told that our scout team defense was better than the one we put on the field on Saturdays in 2012. That's a little upsetting if true since we could have burned a couple redshirts and had guys contribute.

Speaking of individual players, we've obviously all heard of the hype around how awesome Thomas Brown was.

A few people on this board have said that Jonathan Rose will be our best CB next year. Pure stud.

I also heard there is one more CB who tore it up on scout team, and I have a feeling they were talking about Leroy Alexander. Which would be incredible if true because everybody growled about grabbing him late in the process. Could be a gem.

And of course we have all heard about VV and the rest of the true freshmen DL players.

Needless to say, our defense going forward has a TON of potential. We are still not very deep at DT so hopefully we can stay healthy there for once and see some quality play out of Valentine and Curry.

First of all, I was told that our scout team defense was better than the one we put on the field on Saturdays in 2012.

Speaking of individual players, we've obviously all heard of the hype around how awesome Thomas Brown was.

A few people on this board have said that Jonathan Rose will be our best CB next year. Pure stud.

I also heard there is one more CB who tore it up on scout team, and I have a feeling they were talking about Leroy Alexander. Which would be incredible if true because everybody growled about grabbing him late in the process. Could be a gem.

And of course we have all heard about VV and the rest of the true freshmen DL players.

Needless to say, our defense going forward has a TON of potential. We are still not very deep at DT so hopefully we can stay healthy there for once and see some quality play out of Valentine and Curry.

Ahh don't do this to me! I'm drinking the Kool-Aid early! :koolaid2:

Fully expect Rose to start at MLB this season. Also think Love will contribute. We are so talented, athletic, and above all; AMAZING combination of size and speed at LB that it's stupid. My fear is that we are very inexperienced. Santos is the only one with snaps under his belt. We did however have these guys going against probably the most explosive offense in the BIG every day in practice though.

It's crazy to think how many young athletes we will have at LB. Someone will get left out of some playing time. So in your opinion, who else joins Rose as starters at LB next year? Zaire at Will?

Zaire and Thomas Brown. Afalava will play and he will play a ton. I have high expectations for Jared.

Thanks for the input! So Ziare at Will, Rose at Mike and Brown at Sam? Where will Afalava play - Sam maybe? Also, does this mean Santos gets less time?

Ahhh! It's sounds like we have so many bright prospects!

I totally forgot about Santos!!!!! Haha. I expect there to be heavy competition for the outside backer spots with Rose and Love getting a lot of snaps at Mike. I expect a 100% upgrade in athletic ability at every LB position this year.

First of all, I was told that our scout team defense was better than the one we put on the field on Saturdays in 2012.

Ahh don't do this to me! I'm drinking the Kool-Aid early! :koolaid2:

Have heard the same, but have been somewhat hesitant to post since I can't ever really get a straight answer from someone.

Have any players raved about the scout team defense last year!? I believe some players have before. Anytime players rave about other players....that's usually a good sign, ie Kenny Bell on scout team. Thomas Brown is getting all they hype....and he may live up to it. I'm pumped to see what the LB core brings.

I've heard through that Vincent Valentine gets on these mean streaks and it's lights out. Of all guys the redshirted, it's supposedly obvious that he shouldve been the one that was burned and actually wouldve been a difference maker.

From what I have heard and read, Valentine would have torn it up on the field. I think it was very smart to keep him out because although he would have been a difference maker, we got beat down 2 of the 4 games that were losses and even he would not have kept us in it. This years schedule is more favorable for wins so he will get the time in now.

Went to a recruiting fundraiser last night and Jamrog shared an interesting bit of info regarding Zaire. He claimed that his ACL was actually torn the year before at JUCO and that it went unnoticed until after the arky st game. :dunno Anyhow, he went on to say that the LB's as a whole should be really good, not that I would expect him to say anything else.

Went to a recruiting fundraiser last night and Jamrog shared an interesting bit of info regarding Zaire. He claimed that his ACL was actually torn the year before at JUCO and that it went unnoticed until after the arky st game. :dunno Anyhow, he went on to say that the LB's as a whole should be really good, not that I would expect him to say anything else.

This is what I'd heard, too. I thought I alluded to it earlier, but I wasn't very clear.

Very promising considering he was the #1 JUCO LB ... with a torn ACL. Get that man healthy!

This is what I'd heard, too. I thought I alluded to it earlier, but I wasn't very clear.

Very promising considering he was the #1 JUCO LB ... with a torn ACL. Get that man healthy!

Yeah, for some reason I thought he injured it against UCLA or in practice the week before. I didn't realize it had been injured that long ago. I just don't understand how someone could even dream of playing D1 football missing an ACL....

Yeah, for some reason I thought he injured it against UCLA or in practice the week before. I didn't realize it had been injured that long ago. I just don't understand how someone could even dream of playing D1 football missing an ACL....

If you think that is crazy ...

Dujaun Blair, in the NBA, doesn't have EITHER ACL. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/sports/basketball/13dejuan.html?_r=0