Mr. Underrated 2013

Johnny Stanton. . Said the day he got his offer, he would win a ton of games wherever he went to college. His showing in the Elite 11 camp proved he has the arm and most definitely the smarts. Also during that camp that he puts his team well before himself when he went to do a team camp and missed the third day. That stretch and his senior year up to the injury showed he was SO undervalued in the eyes of the "experts". Remember he blew out his knee, in the second quarter and finished the game, running for some huge first downs to ice the game.

Now pending he continues his ahead of schedule and strong rehab, we very easily could see one hell of a QB battle heading into 2014.

I like Stanton too. He's the type of QB that it takes to win bigtime. Nothing against TMagic, but Taylor is more of a running qb that can throw. Same with Armstrong. Stanton comes off as more a Passing Qb that can run, which to me is more important, ala, Kapernick and Wilson. Those guys are successful because they use their arm and mind first, and their legs as the utility.

I don't agree with you here quite a bit. Armstrong is much more of a polished thrower and Stanton is by far more of a prolific runner. I don't think either Armstrong or Stanton compare to Taylor very much, but Stanton is much more the mold of Taylor when comparing their skills.

Tommy is actually exactly the mold of a Russell Wilson in regards to ability to passing from the pocket, but can gain 8 yards on a 3rd & 6. Not saying Stanton can't, but he is a lot more of a runner than Tommy

Johnny Stanton. . Said the day he got his offer, he would win a ton of games wherever he went to college. His showing in the Elite 11 camp proved he has the arm and most definitely the smarts. Also during that camp that he puts his team well before himself when he went to do a team camp and missed the third day. That stretch and his senior year up to the injury showed he was SO undervalued in the eyes of the "experts". Remember he blew out his knee, in the second quarter and finished the game, running for some huge first downs to ice the game.

Now pending he continues his ahead of schedule and strong rehab, we very easily could see one hell of a QB battle heading into 2014.

I like Stanton too. He's the type of QB that it takes to win bigtime. Nothing against TMagic, but Taylor is more of a running qb that can throw. Same with Armstrong. Stanton comes off as more a Passing Qb that can run, which to me is more important, ala, Kapernick and Wilson. Those guys are successful because they use their arm and mind first, and their legs as the utility.

I don't agree with you here quite a bit. Armstrong is much more of a polished thrower and Stanton is by far more of a prolific runner. I don't think either Armstrong or Stanton compare to Taylor very much, but Stanton is much more the mold of Taylor when comparing their skills.

Tommy is actually exactly the mold of a Russell Wilson in regards to ability to passing from the pocket, but can gain 8 yards on a 3rd & 6. Not saying Stanton can't, but he is a lot more of a runner than Tommy

Be damned. i guess I'm just seeing it the other way around.

Like I said, Tommy and Stanton are closer to each other than they are to Taylor, but when you look at the HS film of Armstrong and Stanton, a few things are obvious when comparing the two:

1. Tommy is an elite passer down the field in comparison to Stanton. Not even down the field, just throwing in general. In addition, Armstrong's passing stats were ridiculously superior to Stanton's. The great majority of Stanton's passing offense was predicated on bubble screens where he threw the ball to a receiver behind the LOS and Tommy's was more down the field. Even with that philosophy difference, Armstrong threw 4 INT's combined his Jr. and Sr. where Stanton threw 8 his Jr. year alone.

2. Stanton is possibly faster and much more powerful of a runner than Tommy. If they both were 3 year starters, I would venture to guess Stanton would have 4 times the number of 15+ yard runs as Armstrong in their careers. Obviously this is just conjecture, but Tommy is much more of a pocket passer who has the ability to scramble when things break down.

With Armstrong, I don't think the offense would call for more than 4-5 designed run plays for him per game; whereas with Stanton I think the number of designed rushes would be in the ball park of 8-10.

Like I said, Tommy and Stanton are closer to each other than they are to Taylor, but when you look at the HS film of Armstrong and Stanton, a few things are obvious when comparing the two:

1. Tommy is an elite passer down the field in comparison to Stanton. Not even down the field, just throwing in general. In addition, Armstrong's passing stats were ridiculously superior to Stanton's. The great majority of Stanton's passing offense was predicated on bubble screens where he threw the ball to a receiver behind the LOS and Tommy's was more down the field. Even with that philosophy difference, Armstrong threw 4 INT's combined his Jr. and Sr. where Stanton threw 8 his Jr. year alone.

2. Stanton is possibly faster and much more powerful of a runner than Tommy. If they both were 3 year starters, I would venture to guess Stanton would have 4 times the number of 15+ yard runs as Armstrong in their careers. Obviously this is just conjecture, but Tommy is much more of a pocket passer who has the ability to scramble when things break down.

With Armstrong, I don't think the offense would call for more than 4-5 designed run plays for him per game; whereas with Stanton I think the number of designed rushes would be in the ball park of 8-10.

Well, you sure are being pretty liberal with those assumptions, ObamaRocks.