Mr. Underrated 2013

Johnny Stanton. . Said the day he got his offer, he would win a ton of games wherever he went to college. His showing in the Elite 11 camp proved he has the arm and most definitely the smarts. Also during that camp that he puts his team well before himself when he went to do a team camp and missed the third day. That stretch and his senior year up to the injury showed he was SO undervalued in the eyes of the "experts". Remember he blew out his knee, in the second quarter and finished the game, running for some huge first downs to ice the game.

Now pending he continues his ahead of schedule and strong rehab, we very easily could see one hell of a QB battle heading into 2014.

Johnny Stanton. . Said the day he got his offer, he would win a ton of games wherever he went to college. His showing in the Elite 11 camp proved he has the arm and most definitely the smarts. Also during that camp that he puts his team well before himself when he went to do a team camp and missed the third day. That stretch and his senior year up to the injury showed he was SO undervalued in the eyes of the "experts". Remember he blew out his knee, in the second quarter and finished the game, running for some huge first downs to ice the game.

Now pending he continues his ahead of schedule and strong rehab, we very easily could see one hell of a QB battle heading into 2014.

I like Stanton too. He's the type of QB that it takes to win bigtime. Nothing against TMagic, but Taylor is more of a running qb that can throw. Same with Armstrong. Stanton comes off as more a Passing Qb that can run, which to me is more important, ala, Kapernick and Wilson. Those guys are successful because they use their arm and mind first, and their legs as the utility.

I think drake and Garry are the same player (similar size and speed and position).

On offense: got to go with Dixon. (I know he is a 4 star kid but no one know which side of then all he will end up)

On defense: got to go with Collins. Although there are a number of players you could go with. Collins played not the type of competition you would like to see and he is still very raw but kid has a motor that you can't teach and he is a powerful, quick SOB that is not afraid of contact. With the right coaching he could be an absolute steal.

With the new Juco commits, we are ending up wt a very good class - yes I wish we could have gotten a top Juco DT but this class is something to get excited about.

Drake on D -assumption he'll be a DB and maybe punt returner (hope he doesn't have the drop problem we had this year).

Stanton on O. While we had a lot of hype on the forum for him, I think he will outplay even our expectations. I think he will be our next NFL QB (was Vince F our last NFL QB??? - I guess we were never know as QB U). We are getting some good OL recruits & WR who will help Stanton's success as a passer. With the RBs we have, we won't need him to run like TM has had to over the years.

With the new Juco commits, we are ending up wt a very good class - yes I wish we could have gotten a top Juco DT but this class is something to get excited about.

Drake on D -assumption he'll be a DB and maybe punt returner (hope he does't have the drop problem we had this year).

Stanton on O. While we had a lot of hype on the forum for him, I think he will outplay even our expectations. I think he will be our next NFL QB (was Vince F our last NFL QB??? - I guess we were never know as QB U). We are getting some good OL recruits & WR who will help Stanton's success as a passer. With the RBs we have, we won't need him to run like TM has had to over the years.

Well, theoretically, Brook Berringer was our last NFL qb, but I'll just leave it at that. Otherwise, you are correct. Stanton just fits the mold of Kapernick, Wilson, and Griffen. Very good runners, very agile and fast, but they do it from the pocket first, which is where games have to be won.

Drake on D -assumption he'll be a DB and maybe punt returner (hope he does't have the drop problem we had this year).

Well, theoretically, Brook Berringer was our last NFL qb, but I'll just leave it at that. Otherwise, you are correct. Stanton just fits the mold of Kapernick, Wilson, and Griffen. Very good runners, very agile and fast, but they do it from the pocket first, which is where games have to be won.

Heavy Heart.

Could end up being our kicker transfer.

Patrick Smith, Kicker. Yeah he could turn out to be pretty good for us. Competition is wide open, so it'll be a great opportunity for him. Nice little article here: LINK

I'm going with another Illinois guy, Matt Finnin, OT. Probably a stretch to say he's underdrated though. He's one of the top linemen coming out of the Juco ranks this year.