Barney Moving to TE Coach?

HuskerZag

I just dont understand why they let Marrow go when they could have let Cotton go, or have Cotton over see the new recruiting department, and we could have kept our TE coach who was proved to have some decent connections in Ohio.

Now or later, Marrow's character would have surfaced.

Bo would have found a way to keep him if he wanted to, so ya there was probably something going on there. The whole offering Miles thing without telling the rest of the staff may have started something between them. There are alot of rumors around this as well, both for and against Marrow so its hard to really say what happened with 100% accuracy. But like i said above, if Bo wanted him here im sure he would have made room for him.

I just dont understand why they let Marrow go when they could have let Cotton go, or have Cotton over see the new recruiting department, and we could have kept our TE coach who was proved to have some decent connections in Ohio.

Now or later, Marrow's character would have surfaced.

Bo would have found a way to keep him if he wanted to, so ya there was probably something going on there. The whole offering Miles thing without telling the rest of the staff may have started something between them. There are alot of rumors around this as well, both for and against Marrow so its hard to really say what happened with 100% accuracy. But like i said above, if Bo wanted him here im sure he would have made room for him.

I agree with all of that and especially the bolded. I'm guessing there is an underlying reason or two that Bo didn't make room.

I always figured that after the seaosn Els would not be the RC anymore, and someone else would take it over. He did an okay job, but the months of August thru December we really didn't hit the trail as hard as we should and that falls on him.

He did really well when there was no actual football going on. During the season he dropped the ball, and he has even admitted this. He just had to much going on. Recruiting suffered in season, and our Special teams suffered as well. TJ has experience as RC with Tenn. Be interesting to see if any other moves are made.

We all know there are going to be changes with the new recruiting rules that will take affect Aug 1. How exactly they go about this is yet to be seen. We know about Cotton. I dont think there will be anything big beyond that. You could argue the BIG change is Barney as its an admittance of sorts of his inablilty to coach the line, although im sure they will say that he will still help with the line and coach TEs. Only other thing i could see is Els moving to more of an overall recruting admin role and we hire a new LB coach like Coleman. The last one is my hope.

He focuses all his time on RB's and FB's

Good. I hope this is a good step for NU to have Cotton as TE's coach. I am glad Garrison is getting the chance for full responsibility of the line. The kids love the guy and admire his passion/coaching.

I am sure Brown will help with pointers for Cotton, just hope he absorbs some of the info.

If I read nothing other than this thread, I get the impression that this "rumor" is only based on a single tweet in the OP that perhaps could have been a typo. Are there other sources for all of these rumors, or is this just bluster to pass the time during the offseason?

Did you read the whole thread? If so, you would find your answer to your question.

• Fire 1