QB Nicodem Pierre

• 1 month later...

Beck went to go see Pierre throw this week after he saw Darlington, but practice got rained out. As others have mentioned in the posted above, Duke and Nebraska lead. Given the recent controversy with the Ohio St offer to Darlington (troll-based or not), how does Pierre fit into the recruitment scene for this class? Darlington seems to be the big favorite on this board, but Pierre should be right up there, too. Great arm strength and elusiveness in the pocket and on the run.

McKeown loves this kids arm. Thinks he has the most arm talent out of anyone we're recruiting this year. I trust Beck with his QBs. Armstrong last year, Stanton this year. He's very good at finding those diamonds in the rough, in fact it seems like our entire coaching staff is capable of finding them.

I agree that we "seem" to have a talented group of young QB talent, but they are about as unproven as you can be at this point....

• Fire 2

Also said he doesn't want to decide until signing day. You really can't do that as a QB, most teams only take one so that's really going to limit his options. Said he wants to play QB and nothing else.

Just moved down on my list. Although he could visit and decide to pull the trigger, my crystal ball says Duke. Full court on Darlington.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...