Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

Spring Schedule for Big Ten Schools

Below is a list of the spring practice start dates and spring game dates for all 12 Big Ten schools. It's possible that some of the start dates could change.

School....................Practice starts........................Spring game

Illinois......................March 5.................................April 12

Indiana....................March 2.................................April 13

Iowa.........................Week of March 25.................April 27

Michigan..................March 16...............................April 13

Michigan State.........March 19...............................April 20

Minnesota................March 26...............................April 27

Nebraska..................March 2................................April 6

Northwestern............Feb. 27.................................April 13

Ohio State................March 5.................................April 13

Penn State................March 18..............................April 20

Purdue.....................March 18...............................April 12

Wisconsin.................March 9.................................April 20

Link

Perhaps Iowa is trying to delay things as long as possible?? :lol:

Edit: Sorry, the formatting didn't copy well at all.

The grand daddy of professional golf.

So it's like there big championship tournament then. What's that skins game that used to be advertised during Oklahoma and Colorado games back in the 90's? It was made out to be some big deal, but there were always only 4 guys in it. Was that some sort of championship tournament deal?

I'm serious. I know so little about golf, and not really interested either. i'm just trying not to be insulting of those who do.

So it's like there big championship tournament then. What's that skins game that used to be advertised during Oklahoma and Colorado games back in the 90's? It was made out to be some big deal, but there were always only 4 guys in it. Was that some sort of championship tournament deal?

I'm serious. I know so little about golf, and not really interested either. i'm just trying not to be insulting of those who do.

I have no idea what this skins game you talk of is. Basically, any golf during football season is this new FedEx Cup thing to gain interest or the Fall Series (Silly Season).

There are 4 majors each year. The Masters, US Open, The (British) Open Championship, and the PGA Championship. They are always right around the same time each year: April, June, July, August, respectively.

The Masters has a special place in many people's heart because: it is the only one at the same venue every year, it is the first big tournament after 8-9 months and is when golf season starts up in most of the country, and Augusta National is a sight to be seen, even on TV. Many people, myself included, plan to watch every minute of it on TV. I was really worried when I saw the Spring Game scheduled for April 6.

I have no idea what this skins game you talk of is. Basically, any golf during football season is this new FedEx Cup thing to gain interest or the Fall Series (Silly Season).

There are 4 majors each year. The Masters, US Open, The (British) Open Championship, and the PGA Championship. They are always right around the same time each year: April, June, July, August, respectively.

The Masters has a special place in many people's heart because: it is the only one at the same venue every year, it is the first big tournament after 8-9 months and is when golf season starts up in most of the country, and Augusta National is a sight to be seen, even on TV. Many people, myself included, plan to watch every minute of it on TV.

The Masters will not effect any true Buckeye fan that wants to watch tOSU spring game. The Masters for many golf fanatics is the favorite tournament. For me it is probably 3rd on the list behind the Open and the US Open.

The coarse at Augusta favors long ball hitters like Tiger Woods and The Golden Bear. There is a reason why they have won 4 and 6 respectively.

Skins games are basically high stakes hole to hole golf. If a team or player doesn't win a hole the money rolls over to the next hole. In the real world at a local club or whatever it is a way for guys to gamble on their golf game.