***Official Weather Thread***

There are alot of conflicting reports about the snow potential in Lincoln. Weather channel is saying up to 6 inches, while the National Weather Service is saying less than an inch, mainly on grassy surfaces.

There are alot of conflicting reports about the snow potential in Lincoln. Weather channel is saying up to 6 inches, while the National Weather Service is saying less than an inch, mainly on grassy surfaces.

It's probably because of a difference in interpreting the forcast. It's probably going to actually snow enough to produce 6 inches of snow, but since the ground has been warmed quite significantly, you'll probably only see at most an inch of accumulation. We had the same kind of thing here a couple weeks ago. The way is snowed for a few hours, had it been January there'd a been a good 6 inches on the ground, instead all we had at most was an inch with mostly slush, and it was gone by late afternoon.

It's probably because of a difference in interpreting the forcast. It's probably going to actually snow enough to produce 6 inches of snow, but since the ground has been warmed quite significantly, you'll probably only see at most an inch of accumulation. We had the same kind of thing here a couple weeks ago. The way is snowed for a few hours, had it been January there'd a been a good 6 inches on the ground, instead all we had at most was an inch with mostly slush, and it was gone by late afternoon.

That's what I was thinking, we need the moisture but all the rain/snow over the next few days really f'd my turkey hunting plans this weekend :(

That's what I was thinking, we need the moisture but all the rain/snow over the next few days really f'd my turkey hunting plans this weekend :(

Screws with my to-do's as well. Why cant it just rain at night? Is that too much to god damn ask?

I just put down weed killer/fertilizer and some gardener's fertilizer in the flowerbeds and vegetable garden, so I'm loving this moisture. The snow... not so much.

I thatched and fertilized couple weekends ago. This is the second batch of rain. Nice cool weather with some sunny days has the lawn bee-eee-a-utiful, but it's quickly growing beyond control. This batch of rain will hopefully end soon enough for me to get it mowed here in the next few days one way or another.

Well, guess my weed control, fertilizer and grub control is getting soaked in! Snow, ice, rain here.....

That was my silver lining, too. Walked around the yard and saw that all my fertilizer and pre-emergent had soaked in. Good, light, soaking rain so it didn't wash away, too.