Combine

Looking on NFL.com, it looks like Rex has been doing well aside from the 40.

2nd best vertical at 39 inches

2nd best broad jump at 125 inches

The guy is explosive, let's give him that.

The NFL scouts love these two tests. This shows true explosiveness and says he will move piles and fall forward most of the time. They love seeing that. A yard or two after contact is huge in the NFL. Makes big differences in play calling. And they know numbers like this are true when they turn on the film and see him doing just those things.

The NFL scouts love these two tests. This shows true explosiveness and says he will move piles and fall forward most of the time. They love seeing that. A yard or two after contact is huge in the NFL. Makes big differences in play calling. And they know numbers like this are true when they turn on the film and see him doing just those things.

Dang Rexy.

Somethings not right with Davis last year he did not produce. One of those "combine" guys.

He tore his ACL the year before this last season and played on an extremely unmotivated team last year after the whole Petrino incident. He was probably going to be a first round draft pick and #1 RB before the injury, it has dropped some because of the injury, but I would see his combine performance as more of him getting fully healthy and pending further injury, I think he will be the best back in this draft.

If lattimore can get and stay healthy he as a chance to be the best back

I'm putting my money on Jonathan Franklin. Like him a lot.

2nd run, Rex did a 4.75

Not exactly what I expected for a second try. I was thinking a 4.63.

I believe he will excel later on in the other events.

I believe you were exactly right. Sounds like Rex was among the top of the other drills. I'm really excited to see where he gets drafted. Whoever gets him is getting a good one no doubt about it. I have heard more and more mention of the Broncos being a possibility. I've got my fingers crossed.

And these test are exact. The 40 is not, despite being "electronic". It's better than a simple hand held time, but the NFL doesn't use a fully automated system like you have in track and field. So, there's still room for error.

And these test are exact. The 40 is not, despite being "electronic". It's better than a simple hand held time, but the NFL doesn't use a fully automated system like you have in track and field. So, there's still room for error.

Not really, by maybe a few hundredths or so. I time each run just for fun, and I usually get within .05 seconds of what they came up with. It's all fairly irrelevant for Burkhead anyway. If he would've ran a 4.4 or a 4.5 that wouldn't correlate with what he does on the field. He'll be a great change of pace guy at the next level and an occasional starter, with a lot of value due to his ability to catch the ball and flex out. I don't think ever be a 20 carry a game guy, and if he is he won't last long. That's not a knock on his toughness, he just has a lot of wear and tear on his body already.

Rex's 40 time "officially" 4.73.

Considering running again at Nebraska's Pro Day. Apparently he had been running noticeably faster in workouts.

He'll need to run again I think. A 4.5 - 4.65 prolly wouldn't have helped or hurt him much. A 4.4 and he turns some heads. A 4.73, and I think he's turning heads again...just for the wrong reasons. Two 300+ pound offensive lineman ran a faster time than 4.73.

Stafford today ran one of the slowest 40-yard dashes of all Safeties at the combine at 4.69

Also had the worst vertical at 30.5 inches. 2 and a half inches less than the next highest vertical.

And the worst broad jump at 111 inches. 6 inches less than the next best.

On the other hand, he had one of the better bench performances - 21 reps.

I guess I expected him to be faster and more explosive. These are some pretty poor numbers, and I'd say there's not much of a chance of him getting drafted.

Stafford today ran one of the slowest 40-yard dashes of all Safeties at the combine at 4.69

Also had the worst vertical at 30.5 inches. 2 and a half inches less than the next highest vertical.

And the worst broad jump at 111 inches. 6 inches less than the next best.

On the other hand, he had one of the better bench performances - 21 reps.

I guess I expected him to be faster and more explosive. These are some pretty poor numbers, and I'd say there's not much of a chance of him getting drafted.

he was also 221 pounds and nebraska listed him at 205 maybe he was out of shape or just put on to much weight during the offseason