Pelini needs to put his mark on defense again

I agree that Bo has not been very good in big games, but Dec 1st was much different than anything else. UW threw the kitchen sink and the fridge at NU and it worked almost too perfectly. Not a coincidence if you ask me. They knew we had safeties that struggled to make tackles in space, along with LB that weren't consistent at that also, with a small DL with terrible DE play. The way they called that game made it clear to me that they knew they had an exam coming up, with a practice test and ample time to study what was on the test. Their coaches did a masterful job but let's not act like they didn't have any help. If it were me, I'd spend my time on figuring out why the D gave up 653 yards to UCLA and 63 points to Ohio State. Just my 2 cents, but I understand how you feel.

Why is that we continue to have the same problems from game to game. If our defense struggles he should put more emphasis on getting it fixed since he is still the DC. I do believe Bielema fired one of his coordinators and when they changed the offense around they were much better. I can understand a fluke game but this has happened more than once and has been a pattern of Bo.

Coach Kaz really needs to evaluate he coaches the D line. They were an absolute non-factor against some very simple counter and iso plays. Not that the rest of the defense didn't stink it up, but they didn't even slow down the wisky rbs. Absolute embarrassment on the national stage.

I agree that Bo has not been very good in big games, but Dec 1st was much different than anything else. UW threw the kitchen sink and the fridge at NU and it worked almost too perfectly. Not a coincidence if you ask me. They knew we had safeties that struggled to make tackles in space, along with LB that weren't consistent at that also, with a small DL with terrible DE play. The way they called that game made it clear to me that they knew they had an exam coming up, with a practice test and ample time to study what was on the test. Their coaches did a masterful job but let's not act like they didn't have any help. If it were me, I'd spend my time on figuring out why the D gave up 653 yards to UCLA and 63 points to Ohio State. Just my 2 cents, but I understand how you feel.

Why is that we continue to have the same problems from game to game. If our defense struggles he should put more emphasis on getting it fixed since he is still the DC. I do believe Bielema fired one of his coordinators and when they changed the offense around they were much better. I can understand a fluke game but this has happened more than once and has been a pattern of Bo.

Coach Kaz really needs to evaluate he coaches the D line. They were an absolute non-factor against some very simple counter and iso plays. Not that the rest of the defense didn't stink it up, but they didn't even slow down the wisky rbs. Absolute embarrassment on the national stage.

ITS TALENT GUYS. Common sense sees this. We dont have an NFL laden defense anymore. One guy getting invited to the combine is not the result of a struggling D. The struggling D is the result of one guy getting invited to the combine.

Supposedly, help is on the way here. It better be.

ITS TALENT GUYS. Common sense sees this. We dont have an NFL laden defense anymore. One guy getting invited to the combine is not the result of a struggling D. The struggling D is the result of one guy getting invited to the combine.

No argument from me. I agree with you 100%

Who's fault is it that he doesn't have the guys he wants? It's Bo's. Bo has to improve now that Tom is gone as AD. We all know Tom was never going to get fired as AD but now that we have someone that is fireable as an AD and he will be tied to Bo and if Shawns's job is on the line you better bet that Bo's will be as well.

so every team that didnt have a lot NFL talent on their roster gives up about 54 points per loss on average or could there maybe have been some coaching issues as well

I hate the read and react defense. It doesn't matter if NU had never sen a formation or play before, if the DL is in the backfield good things will happen for the defense. There is no excuse for NU giving up 70 points. It should never happen.