LB Jimmie Swain [Oregon - Signed LOI]

I met this guy today. At a family get-together, turns out he's friends with friends of the family or something. We just started talking, found out he was a "put-my-final-five-list-out" recruit and kept going from there. I don't get much into recruiting but it was really interesting to talk to this kid about the process from the recruit's point of view - and it's nuts. I don't envy him or any kid with this kind of decision to make. Seems like he's really got his head on his shoulders about everything. Cares as much about his education as football.

I met this guy today. At a family get-together, turns out he's friends with friends of the family or something. We just started talking, found out he was a "put-my-final-five-list-out" recruit and kept going from there. I don't get much into recruiting but it was really interesting to talk to this kid about the process from the recruit's point of view - and it's nuts. I don't envy him or any kid with this kind of decision to make. Seems like he's really got his head on his shoulders about everything. Cares as much about his education as football.

I expect him to commit tomorrow after your pitch. :D

• 1 month later...

Committed to TCU per Rivals.

Weird. I was already surprised when he released his top 5, and Nebraska was not in it but two schools that had not even offered were. To be honest, when Swain lost interest in Nebraska, I stopped following him. However, I would have thought, based in his top five and comments, that Michigan would have been his choice.

There is a lot of talent in Missouri, and most of it is leaving the state. The SEC move has done nothing for Tiger recruiting. Think Pinkel is done after this season

Should have already be fired.

Mizzou has never been good at closing off their borders when it comes to keeping recruits.

There is a lot of talent in Missouri, and most of it is leaving the state. The SEC move has done nothing for Tiger recruiting. Think Pinkel is done after this season

Should have already be fired.

Mizzou has never been good at closing off their borders when it comes to keeping recruits.

Ya he's never closed the border but this year is bad even by Pinkel standards. Talent level in Missouri is up this year and he's watching 3/4 of the better guys leave.

IMO Mizzou should've just taken the heat and brought Petrino in. That is a guy that can win at Mizzou in the SEC.

• 4 months later...