What to watch for in Spring Game

Well its the week of the Spring Game and with it being on TV I was curious to what people will be focusing on the most?

Here are mine:

1. Defensive speed. I am ok with them being out of position once in awhile as long as they are doing it 100MPH (Kind of like Lavonte's first year here)

2. The front line of D, I am talking LB's and DLine. I will be watching the young guys to see how they handle our dynamic offense.

3. Imani Cross. I've seen the videos/pictures of him slimmed down and I have heard the hype...I want to see it and I think I will.

4. Alonzo and Westercamp...they are the WR's of the future for us, can't wait to see them on the field!

5. Tommy Armstrong! He will take over the reins next year when Taylor is done, it'll be nice to see where he is at as a QB right now.

I would like to see our some of our youthful LB's with speed line up as DE's on passing downs and actually get pressure on the QB ala Super D in 2003. From all reports, we have the speed and the depth to do this.

Stay healthy.

See Armstrong

See speed on D capable of actually sealing the edge and actually getting to said edge before the RB or QB breaks off 70 yrd runs like Wisky

The new and improved Cross

No penalties, ability to tackle and no fumbles

A punt return man capable of catching the ball.

A decent KO coverage unit

Guys pass the "eye ball" test ie leaner, meaner, quicker. Kind of like SEC teams..............

I am looking for a solid group and practice. I really hope they can stay healthy, and show improvements from last year, while at the same time having a blast.

The players I am really excited to see is; Imani Cross, Zaire Anderson, Jared Afalava, Courtney Love, Greg McMullen, Vincent Valentine, Tommy Armstrong, Trevor Roach, Michael Rose, Thomas Brown, Aaron Curry and oddly enough, Mauro Bondi. I REALLY hope we have a solid kicker. That is one position we can not afford to slack in, IMO.

Other players that come to mind is, Alonzo Moore and Jordan Westerkamp.

I am interested in seeing if Valentine is really that hard to handle for the OL. If he is what everyone is making him out to be, we will be in better shape than last year.

We are going to need more than VV on that DL to make an impact. I really hope Nickens, Randle, Williams or Curry can be that force to be reckoned with, otherwise, we will run into the same thing we did since Suh left. One dominating D-lineman isn't enough. Suh had much of his success because he had Crick next to him, which allowed more freedom. Crick didn't have that, then his injury played effect, and Steinkuhler didn't have anyone solid next to him. He was getting double teamed every game. If VV is what he is suppose to be, we need someone else who can cause some ruckus as well. Doesn't have to be as good, but at least a contributor.

Just my opinion :)

I am interested in seeing if Valentine is really that hard to handle for the OL. If he is what everyone is making him out to be, we will be in better shape than last year.

We are going to need more than VV on that DL to make an impact. I really hope Nickens, Randle, Williams or Curry can be that force to be reckoned with, otherwise, we will run into the same thing we did since Suh left. One dominating D-lineman isn't enough. Suh had much of his success because he had Crick next to him, which allowed more freedom. Crick didn't have that, then his injury played effect, and Steinkuhler didn't have anyone solid next to him. He was getting double teamed every game. If VV is what he is suppose to be, we need someone else who can cause some ruckus as well. Doesn't have to be as good, but at least a contributor.

Just my opinion :)

You are correct. I just haven't heard as much about anyone else on the DL as I have about VV. There will definitely need to be more solid play from others for it to be a good year. I just want to see for myself if he lives up to some of the hype.