Official Spring Game Thread

Probably the best spring game I've attended. Obviously, the Team Jack run was over the top incredible, but I also really like the quick stoppages for those drills and punt catch competitions. Zaire Anderson went beast mode in that 3 on 1 drill. Not even Chuck Norris or Steven Segal can dream about throwing around 3 dudes at once as fast as Zaire did. And this was no movie. I also got a real kick out of those big offensive lineman trying to field those punts. I believe it was Sterup though, the biggest of them all, that had the most impressive catch of the day. Awesome, awesome show. Great job by the team, the coaches, the whole program, this one was worth remembering.

After watching the game first-hand, here are my impressions:

1) I have ZERO worries about the offense. We will be deep at every single position (assuming Newby and Taylor are as good as we think they are)

2) Zaire Anderson is VERY impressive. He's really strong and reads the plays well. Also made a big impression in the "compete" drill

3) If the front 4 plays well, I think this defense could grow this season into a pretty good unit. And in a year or two, we could be seeing a dominating defense again.

4) Every year, we are seeing better talent and more depth grow on this football team. The future is bright.

5) Alonzo Moore and Jordan Westerkamp will both be steady contributors this season.

Obviously the team and coaches took a fun approach to the day. I figured it would be that way after I heard how intense and brutal the main scrimmage was last saturday. It was a great day. I'm not gonna take away anything from the game. I dont see how anyone legitimately could. I thought the tempo was low. I thought the effort was lackidasical at times. Seemed like mostly just a kickback session for the most part. Hell, I didnt see Bo scream once at anyone and even caught a glimpse of him shaking hands with the officials after the game.

This is why we shouldnt get to worked up about it because if this game really was an indication of the coming season, we can forget about a bowl game. :P

Will add this. Linebackers warmed up right in front of us. Weird seeing Courtney Love in that 51. Beastchild. He would eat Compton alive and spit out the teeth and fingernails.

Obviously the team and coaches took a fun approach to the day. I figured it would be that way after I heard how intense and brutal the main scrimmage was last saturday. It was a great day. I'm not gonna take away anything from the game. I dont see how anyone legitimately could. I thought the tempo was low. I thought the effort was lackidasical at times. Seemed like mostly just a kickback session for the most part. Hell, I didnt see Bo scream once at anyone and even caught a glimpse of him shaking hands with the officials after the game. This is why we shouldnt get to worked up about it because if this game really was an indication of the coming season, we can forget about a bowl game. :P Will add this. Linebackers warmed up right in front of us. Weird seeing Courtney Love in that 51. Beastchild. He would eat Compton alive and spit out the teeth and fingernails.

During the compete drill he did yell a couple of players if they knew what dont hold means! lol

Obviously the team and coaches took a fun approach to the day. I figured it would be that way after I heard how intense and brutal the main scrimmage was last saturday. It was a great day. I'm not gonna take away anything from the game. I dont see how anyone legitimately could. I thought the tempo was low. I thought the effort was lackidasical at times. Seemed like mostly just a kickback session for the most part. Hell, I didnt see Bo scream once at anyone and even caught a glimpse of him shaking hands with the officials after the game. This is why we shouldnt get to worked up about it because if this game really was an indication of the coming season, we can forget about a bowl game. :P Will add this. Linebackers warmed up right in front of us. Weird seeing Courtney Love in that 51. Beastchild. He would eat Compton alive and spit out the teeth and fingernails.
During the complete drill he did yell a couple of players if they knew what dont hold means! lol
During the complete drill he did yell a couple of players if they knew what dont hold means! lol

Yeah, and you know. That was the one moment i was out. I took my son to the restroom. Was 14-3. when I came back it was 17-4. Talk about crosseyed.

• Fire 1

Probably the best spring game I've attended. Obviously, the Team Jack run was over the top incredible, but I also really like the quick stoppages for those drills and punt catch competitions. Zaire Anderson went beast mode in that 3 on 1 drill. Not even Chuck Norris or Steven Segal can dream about throwing around 3 dudes at once as fast as Zaire did. And this was no movie. I also got a real kick out of those big offensive lineman trying to field those punts. I believe it was Sterup though, the biggest of them all, that had the most impressive catch of the day. Awesome, awesome show. Great job by the team, the coaches, the whole program, this one was worth remembering.

I remember watching Zach play basketball in high school. He had good feet and great hands for a guy his size. His mom and dad are both former college athletes. One thing I thought was funny was his hair. In high school he wore a GI most of the time. Now it's down to his shoulders!

I only got to see most of the first half but from what I saw it was the same old Taylor back there throwing passes off his back foot. IMO Kellog was clearly the better passer of the two and it wasn't very close. Not that Kellog has a chance in hell of starting, he doesn't.

Other than that, it's about what I expected from my first spring game.

It's pretty widespread spec. around here that Sterrup is a better basketball player than football player. Easy decision when the Big Red come calling though.

Also, he schooled Minnesota's Elliason (from Chadron) on the court twice in back to back state championship games.

Could Miles use a big?

Alonzo Moore's best play was his block on Cross' TD run...it was a thing of beauty!

Also something that was somewhat discouraging was I could hear that Ciante was the one making checks and calling stuff out on D. I am sure when Santos gets back he will step it up, but our Freshman LB's didn't seem to be ready for that responsibility.

It's pretty widespread spec. around here that Sterrup is a better basketball player than football player. Easy decision when the Big Red come calling though.

Also, he schooled Minnesota's Elliason (from Chadron) on the court twice in back to back state championship games.

Could Miles use a big?

If I'm not mistaken, Doc made a run at him as well.