Wondering if this would change the perception of Bo

I was wondering if this will change the media's perception of Bo. I know Bo did it for all of the right reasons. I'd like to see the media looking at Bo as something more than a angry coach on the side line. I hope this is a side benefit of Jack's run - while I know Bo could care less, it would be nice to see a change in perception. I can't get enough of watching the video. It is now on my desktop. This is really the feel good sport story of the year so far.

I was wondering if this will change the media's perception of Bo. I know Bo did it for all of the right reasons. I'd like to see the media looking at Bo as something more than a angry coach on the side line. I hope this is a side benefit of Jack's run - while I know Bo could care less, it would be nice to see a change in perception. I can't get enough of watching the video. It is now on my desktop. This is really the feel good sport story of the year so far.

I really hope so, but I doubt it. We all know that Bo is a great human who emphasizes the bigger things in life. Extremely high graduation rates, record team GPAs (I believe?), very few occurences with the law, building character and producing exremely well rounded individuals for after college, etc. ESPN could mention those things at any time, but sadly it does not generate as much interest as ESPNs Bo cam on the sideline. If they had the same camera on Saban, Muschamp, etc. all game I guarantee they would look much worse than Bo

You're right that Bo won't give a damn about what the media thinks, he did it for the kid and his family. I would like to see the media back off, but we all know that once the season rolls around and he has one of his moments (like 95% of CFB coaches, but ESPN insists that it's only Bo) then we will be back to normal.

Bo has his image in the media in large part because he has his priorities right. He knows that his job is to:

a) Influence his players and the people around him in a manner that makes them the best men possible.

b) coach the team to win as many games as possible.

At best at letter "c" or lower is...."pander to the media and nit picky fans".

That's assinine. Anyone that thinks this will change perceptions of Bo is clueless :lol:

Just in case... :sarcasm

This alone brought a lot of world wide attention. This wasn't Bo's intentions, but its just the things that come from doing things from the heart.

I strongly believe this will help out our recruiting as well. Not necessarily a lot, but it will help bring those parents on our side, that could be hesitant with the public reviews they have read/heard about Bo. A lot of kids out there don't follow Nebraska football, and when they watch ESPN and hear negative things, it doesn't help our case when we are trying to sway their decision our way. This is something that will. It shows that Bo cares about this program, his players, his family and others that aren't as fortunate as he is. This incident shows that he is unselfish, and a kind person, something the media has not portrayed him as for the last 5 years.

IMO I think Eichorst had a sit down with him and explained to Bo that he needed to take a different approach with the media. I think Bo felt as if he could really do what he wanted when TO was here cuz he had a feeling that TO wouldn't hammer down on him. I think Eichorst wants a better perception of Bo and the program and in order to accomplish that it starts with Bo's demeanor toward the media and the public.

There is no doubt that Jack's story has unintentionally helped this program in a number of ways. Its helped people's outlook on the program. Helped people realize its more than football. It put Nebraska on a national scene and will def help recruiting. This kind gesture wasn't inteded to do those things but it did. And all are positive for the program.

IMO I think Eichorst had a sit down with him and explained to Bo that he needed to take a different approach with the media. I think Bo felt as if he could really do what he wanted when TO was here cuz he had a feeling that TO wouldn't hammer down on him. I think Eichorst wants a better perception of Bo and the program and in order to accomplish that it starts with Bo's demeanor toward the media and the public.

There is no doubt that Jack's story has unintentionally helped this program in a number of ways. Its helped people's outlook on the program. Helped people realize its more than football. It put Nebraska on a national scene and will def help recruiting. This kind gesture wasn't inteded to do those things but it did. And all are positive for the program.

Bo was taking a different approach with the media long before Eichorst was hired or even around.

Bo demeanor has been on a consistent and steadily improving rise ever since that night in College Station 2 1/2 years ago.

Eichorst hasn't been here long enough to have anything to do with Bo's demeanor.

Oh contrar. I'm waiting for the asshat reporter Dirk from whereever Omaha to actually do a story that claims Bo and Nebraska only did this for the positive pub.

You are right there. I'm surprised it hasn't happened. But I guess wt the overwhelming response to the positive, it would be a career killer to come out wt neg story now on it. He may elude to it in a future story - the next time Bo is a bit testy.